All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

yawn
@telus.net

yawn

Anon

AVG pro 7.5 annoying pop-up till Decenber?

My AVG Pro dont expire till Dec 1, 2008.
Do I have to see the "upgrade now" pop-up everyday when I boot my computer?

I'm kinda pissed that AVG free 8 said my gta_sa was a virus, supposedly, and 7.5 pro didn't.

I dont want the 8.0, and after they tell 8.0 that gta_sa is a virus and the paid version of avg pro 7.5 didn't, I don't want avg at all.
yawn

yawn

Anon

seems the alert is gone thankfully
yawn

yawn to yawn

Anon

to yawn
Click for full size
Stupid thing dont give up.
Anyone know how to kill this thing?

R4M0N
Brazilian Soccer Ownz Joo
join:2000-10-04
Glen Allen, VA

1 edit

R4M0N to yawn

to yawn
You see that "Free Upgrade Now" button? Yeah... That's how you kill it.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

2 edits

jabarnut

Premium Member

said by R4M0N:

You see that "Free Upgrade Now" button? Yeah... That's how you kill it.
It would be nice to kill it without the free upgrade button.

From everything I've seen here and elsewhere:
*NEW!
*BETTER!
*FASTER!
Isn't the case at all.

Funny how whenever they say things like new, better, faster, improved, etc.....it rarely ever is.

As mentioned in some other threads around here, I'm very disappointed that they had to take an AV that's worked well for me for many years, and turn it into some God awful resource hogging Norton wanna be.

I'll be looking for another freebie in the near future.
Unfortunately, the best two free choices are probably Avast and Avira, both of which I've tried in the past and didn't really like as much as AVG.

And so it goes.

yawn
@telus.net

yawn to yawn

Anon

to yawn
Ya no doubt jabar, I'd like to a least keep my paid version till it is supposed to expire in Dec.
The 8.0 screws up spybot S&D's killbits too.
I got defender and S&D I dont need anymore spyware detection, what the hell are they thinking?

cnw85
@cimcoisp.net

cnw85

Anon

What were they thinking?? Well, that they could just gobble up other companies and stuff their products into "the new and powerful AVG"

It's a shame that AVG 7.5 is seemingly on it's way out. The Major reason I used AVG over many years was because it was light on the PC. If that's not the case anymore - I'll buy a copy of something better.