Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dogfather
Premium
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

What is the point?

This ad makes no sense from a business stand point.

I can see them spending the money if they wanted to try and generate opposition to the deployment, but if the box is already there, it's too late for this ad to be effective. As far as the customer is concerned, the 'damage is done' and they should just consider the new competitor.

lg75

join:2003-01-31
Bronx, NY

1 edit
said by Dogfather:

This ad makes no sense from a business stand point.

I can see them spending the money if they wanted to try and generate opposition to the deployment, but if the box is already there, it's too late for this ad to be effective. As far as the customer is concerned, the 'damage is done' and they should just consider the new competitor.
I don't live anywhere near Comcast or AT&T territory (believe me, I'm very grateful of that), but I would imagine that the deployment is still on-going. I would also imagine that if there is no demand for the product they would eventually delay or even cancel deployment in areas where it hasn't been yet deployed.

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to Dogfather
Naw, it's a pretty good FUD argument -- remember marketing is about the 80% of people who are dullards and lack the ability to think critically for themselves.

I got an entire friggin magazine from AT&T touting Uverse and studied it closely. Nice pricing, but couldn't find out what the upload speed was for any of their internet tiers, and the lack of a dual HD tuner in the DVR was a put off. I really don't care to watch SD content any more, and certainly can't imagine wanting to record 4 channels at once.