spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

4 edits

Sunny

Is the DOCSIS 3 rollout complete in your area? Post here.

Please read the topic title. If you wish to report completion of DOCSIS 3 rollout in your area in this topic, please see this post first. Please do not post in this topic unless you can supply this evidence.

January 5, 2012 Update:
»DOSCIS 3 Rollout Complete?

If you wish to tell us you don't have a DOCSIS 3.0 tier available, please do that here or here: »For the News Guy: Anyone else not have DOCSIS 3.0?.

DOCSIS 3.0 tiers are:
Extreme 50 (50/10 Mbps) or (50/15 Mbps)
Extreme 105 (105/10 or (105/20 Mbps)

About DOCSIS 3 - Comcast FAQ

»What do I need to do to get DOCSIS 3.0 speeds?

February 1, 2010 News: »Comcast Will Be Shaking Up Their Speed Tiers [151] comments

Since PowerBoost can make finding my sustained speed impossible using the speed test sites, how do I find my sustained download speed?

Like the title says, please talk about it here, so we don't fill the forum with DOCSIS 3.0 threads.

Exception: If you already have DOCSIS 3.0 installed, are having an individual issue (speed, connectivity, packet loss, etc.) and wish forum assistance ... in that case ... please start a new topic describing your problem. Use this FAQ to determine the information you need to provide ---> »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!

It will be easier to follow the subthreads if each person will use the reply button at the bottom of the post to which he/she is replying, instead of hitting the big ReplyOP button at the bottom right of the forum. That button should only be used to reply to this post of mine here.

FAQ link: HOW TO POST IN A THREAD

When this topic was started Blast and Performance tiers, 16/2 and 12/2 tier, discussion belonged here ---> »Are 16/2 and 12/2 speed tiers in your area? Post here.

As speeds for Blast increased, that discussion was redirected to this topic ---> »Blast-If you have 22/2-22/4-27.5/4 provisioning, post here

You can post there and include a link to a post elsewhere in your post if you wish. To do that:

• Click the Permalink at the bottom of the post to which you wish to link.
• Copy the address to that post from the browser address area.
• Paste the URL you copied into your new post (in the other thread).

Reports of availability (IM me if I miss any):

»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Alabama
»DOCSIS 3 Availability in Arizona
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Arkansas
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in California
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Colorado
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Connecticut
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Delaware
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Florida
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Georgia
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Illinois
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Indiana
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Kansas
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Maryland/Washington D.C.
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Massachusetts
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Michigan
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Minnesota
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Mississippi
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in New Hampshire
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in New Jersey
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in New York
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Ohio
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Oregon
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Pennsylvania
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Tennessee
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Texas
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Utah
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Vermont
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Virginia
»DOSCIS 3.0 Availability in Washington D. C.
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Washington State
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in West Virginia
»DOCSIS 3.0 Availability in Wisconsin

DOCSIS 3.0 Modems
DOSCIS 3.0 Motorola Modems are Certified Already
»D3 modem
»Motorola SB6120 - Question about the lights
»Do I need a DOCSIS 3.0 modem for DOCSIS 3.0 CC Service?
» Buying a DOCSIS 3 Compliant Cable Modem
»Motorola SB6120 Config File
»Swap to DOCSIS 3.0 Modem
»I bought a DOCSIS 3.0 modem
»SB6120 for sale at J&R Music
»Is a RCA DCM425 modem an upgrade over a 5120? (D3 tier)
If you pay for the D3 tier service, this is why you should also get the D3 modem. by espaeth
Cisco DPC3000 Modem Info Page Screenshot
»Should I purchase a DOCSIS 3.0 modem?
»Motorola SB6120 Config File
»[Connectivity] SB6120 Question
»Which modem is better: SB6120 or DCP3000?
»SB6120 VS DPC3000
»Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 modem.
»DOCSIS 3.0 Question
»[Speed] Comcast HSI 50/10 Docsis 3 w/ SMC D3G issues solved
»Motorola SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway
»[Speed] Upgrading From SB5120 to SB6120
»Hooked up my Christmas Present (SB6120)
»Is Comcast VOIP modem Docsis 3.0 compatible?
»Should I buy a SB6120?
»Consumer DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modems
»Re: Consumer DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modems - Cisco DPC3212
»Re: Consumer DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modems - Motorola SBG6580
»I just installed the Zoom 5341 DOCSIS 3 modem
»Searching for best DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem/802.11n router
»DOCSIS 3 Modems/Chipsets
»Which Docsis 3 modem to buy?
»Modem Rental up to $7 - what is best docsis 3.0 modem to buy
»[Connectivity] Picked up a new D3 modem from Comcast, Ubee?
»Best DOCSIS3.0 modem for Comcast?
»[Connectivity] Any benefits to DOCSIS 3 modem?

DOCSIS 3.0 Modem Firmware
»SB6120 Firmware update
»[Connectivity] Cisco Docsis 3 Modem Firmware
»SB6120 logging lost after 1.0.3.0 update

DOCSIS 3.0 Modem Config Page Screenshots
»Cisco DPC3000 & Motorola SB6120 modem pages
»Screen shots of the Cisco DPC3000 modem pages
»Screenshots of the Motorola SB6120 modem pages
»Ubee (Ambit) U10C035 Modem screenshots
»Arris Touchstone TM702G Screen shot
»I just installed the Zoom 5341 DOCSIS 3 modem
»[Speed] Just got my Arris WBM760A D3 modem yesterday...

DOCSIS 3.0 EMTAs
»docsis 3 emta's
»[CDV] D3 ETMAs?
»Rental costs for modem + eMTA

Routers
»Performance Comparison Charts/Revies for Consumer Routers
»Will Linksys wrt-54G V3 with DD-WRT handle 50 Mbps?
»Comcast giving out Linksys DOCSIS 3.0 router/gateway?
»What router is best for DOCSIS 3.0 speeds?
»Is my Linksys WRT54G v 1.1 capable of supporting Ultra?

DOCSIS 3.0 Modems Required for DOCSIS 3.0 Tiers?
»Why is docsis 3 needed for 22mbps if 1 can handle up to 48?
»Modems Required for DOCSIS 3.0 Install - Braintree, MA
»Extreme for $85 a month? no new modem required?
»Is there an advantage to having a D3 modem for 22/5 Ultra Tier?
»22 Mbps Ultra - Do I need a DOCSIS 3 modem?
»[Speed] What is the highest speed a D2 BEFCMU10 can be provision

DOCSIS 3.0 Modem for Blast Tier?
»Is there any point upgrading from a SB5120 to Db6120?

DOCSIS 3.0 Modem for a DOCSIS 2.0 Tier
»Docsis 3 modem for lower tier useful?
»Do you need DOCSIS 3.0 Modem to get 12mbs download?
»Do I need DOCSIS 3.0 modem? Considering SB6120

CDV and DOCSIS 3.0
»CDV and DOCSIS 3.0
»phone and docsis 3

Channel Bonding
Topic search on keyword bonding for those looking for discussion on channel bonding
»Comcast Channel Bonding

DOCSIS 3.0 Speed Tiers
»[Speed] What exactly are the Docsis 3.0 speeds?

DOCSIS 3.0 Installation
»[Speed] Docsis 3.0 Modem coming Moday. Anyone been thru the inst
»Self Install - Milton, MA
»DOCSIS 3.0 Self Install

DOCSIS 3.0 Business Tier
»Business Speed Upgrade 16/2 --> 22/5
»[Business] upgraded to 22/5 package but still using SMC8014

"Free" Upgrades from 16/2 to 22/5 in Some Areas
»Hummm, log file went from Blast to Ultra?? Gary, IN
»Free upgrade from 16/2 to 22/5?
»About those "free" upgrades from 16/2 to 22/5
»Free Upgrades from 16/2 to 22/5 in Colorado

Please also reference:
»Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Hits Delaware [35] comments
»ChattanoogaTN Comcast doubling Internet
»DOCSIS 3.0 "wideband" Service starting with Twin Cities
»what are the changes in Docsis 3.0 for triple play
»Adjusting TCP stack for 50mbps - CentOS Linux
»[Speed] Looks Like DOCSIS 3.0 Is Rolling Out In My Area...
»Docsis 3.0 is Coming Soon to New England
»Comcast New England Customers - Conversions beginning
»[Speed] 50Mbps service
»Comcast boosts speeds, holds prices
Comcast Data Speeds in OR and WA - CED Magazine
»DOCSIS 3.0 Colorado 3rd Quarter 2009?
»[NEWS] Comcast 50Mbps Hits Baltimore, Atlanta, Fort Wayne
»Comcast says they aren't "authorized" to upgrade me to Ultra
»When will the DOCSIS 3.0 upgrades be complete?
»Besides the website how will i know when docsis 3.0......
»[Speed] What exactly are the Seattle tiers?
»Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Deployment Rolls On [100] comments
»[Speed] Docsis 3.0 speed over 120mbps Seattle market
»Doscis 3.0 Bay Area
»Is there anyone out there getting near 50mbps with there laptop?
»Comcast: 35% of CMTSs Now DOCSIS 3.0 [45] comments
»Comcast: 65% Will Get DOCSIS 3.0 By Year's End [103] comments
»'Godfather' of DOCSIS Looks Beyond DOCSIS 3.0 [80] comments
»Leaked Tentative Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Schedule [72] comments
»am I on docsis 3.0?
»Anyone in Atlanta seeing the faster speeds?
»Anyone in Atlanta getting DOCSIS 3.0 this month?
»Any DOCSIS 3.0 Upgrade News About Michigan?
»D3 and UCID in Cal
»New 50,000k pricing
»Massive price drop on Extreme 50/10 tier!
»Did Comcast recently give new speed upgrades?
»just got flyer in mail w/ summer special "50Mbs for $99"
»Comcast Promotion"Extreme 50" 50Mbps/10Mbps for $69.99
»[Business] East Bay CA - Is DOCSIS 3 really available?
»[Speed] Comcast HSI 50/10 Docsis 3 w/ SMC D3G issues solved
»Comcast Speed Upgrades Zipping Right Along [61] comments
»Identifying whether my area has been upgraded to DOCSIS 3.0?
Sunny

Sunny

(topic move) About stickies in Comcast HSI

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[OT] About stickies in Comcast HSI Forum
Der_Idiot
join:2008-02-10
Norwood Young America, MN

Der_Idiot to Sunny

to Sunny

Re: Let's keep all DOCSIS 3.0 Discussion in this thread, please

Changes for the triple play for the 50megabit connection is an additional 100 dollars on top of what you already pay.

fonzbear2000
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN

fonzbear2000 to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
I hope this doesn't do well and forces Comcast to lower the price.

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
join:2003-02-20
Salisbury, NC

Chiyo to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Had comcast out today didn't find any issues, found out though that MN was suppose to be 100mbps to start with but Comcast changed their mind.
Expand your moderator at work

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

»[OT] About stickies in Comcast HSI Forum

Quaoar
join:2004-08-11
Fort Collins, CO

1 recommendation

Quaoar to Sunny

to Sunny
Well, let me cogitate for a minute...

OK, here is the FACT of Docsis 3.0., IMO: Most of Comcast's network cannot support Docsis 3.0. Comcast can barely support user demands for downloads of video, music, etc., even though their users pay for say 8Mbps down and 768kbps up. Comcast is burdened by supplying minimal levels of HDTV content, and HSI is also way behind the demand curve. Comcast's infrastructure is good for 1980, but for 2008, it is a dead end. No way, no how, can Comcast demonstrate to any user that Comcast is providing the contracted up/down speeds at every second of every day. Comcast's network, in general, will not allow Comcast to generate a proof-positive guarantee of network performance since the network, overall, is a dead end without several billions of dollars of improvements.

Comcast, like every other broadband service, is doing a charade, a hand-waving exercise on its users to show that something is like or near what the users are paying for. But, there is no proof positive, because the proof will show that the paid-for tier performance in most areas cannot be obtained.

If Comcast has a reputable method for each and every subscriber to validate that Comcast is providing up/down speeds as advertised and paid for, then Comcast should step up to the plate and bat that proof ball out of the park.

It will not happen. Every high speed internet provider is doing the same smoke-and-mirrors slight-of-hand on up/down speed tiers while they winkey-winkey have services that prevent users from accessing their paid-for speeds. These secret speed limiting services are necessary because the overall networks cannot support the contracted speeds.

I know this, we know this, the only thing that makes this Comcast practice work is that we users do not unite and demonstrate that we are being hood-winked about our paid-for tier price for performance.

Comcast's network, cobbled up from many older cable TV systems, is at its limit. I believe that 99% of HSI users will never see Docsis 3.0 unless they are in the same area that Verizon is installing FIOS. Comcast will go balls to the wall to compete with FIOS, but Verizon has already demonstrated to the world at large that FIOS will be deployed to only the wealthiest of areas and not the world at large.

The evolution of internet access for downloading HD movies, etc., will demonstrate that Comcast has NOT provided for what they advertise and what we are paying for when our download speeds become a fraction of what we pay for in a year or two.

The charade is coming to an end. Comcast will have to own up to the fact that they have been selling us snake oil, and most of us have bought it. Myself included.

Docsis 3.0 is a figment of everyone's imagination, except in those areas that Comcast must counter Verizon's FIOS. 50 HDTV channels is a lost dream on Comcast's network, since Docsis3 and HDTV require much the same capital structure, and Comcast cannot provide the required improvements, except where FIOS magically appears.

Q
Der_Idiot

Der_Idiot

^-- Do you.... even know how the video and hsi operate over the lines? Docsis 3 bonds multiple channels, giving the ability to offer more bandwidth. As for the HD issue, there are plans to remove analogue signal in it's entirety (save for the basic1 plan), and move to on-request video feed -- only the channel you are watching is fed to your box at any time. IMO, I think this idea is a double edged sword..

I'll agree though, it's hard to provide docsis3 speeds to everyone, but be honest, could you build a network to provide bandwidth in excess of 50megabits to millions of subscribers, and operate it for a price that is anywhere near reasonable? I know I couldn't, not something that huge.

Anon123
@comcast.net

Anon123 to Sunny

Anon

to Sunny
Tell me Q, what is your understanding of HFC networks such as Comcast's architecture?

My guess nil and it shows.

Do yourself a favor and read up on it before you type up rants. HFC is admittedly an older technology but still has plenty of life left it, the telcos are basically copying it with FTTN (except with copper instead of coax.)

All the cable companies should be able to deploy DOCSIS 3.0 quite easily (all it really requires is a change in CMTS equipment and or upgrade to existing CMTS' that are in place already.) All you need is availble 6.4mhz channels to use for channel bonding. There are quite a few of those being wasted on analog right now and once all channels are migrated to digital the cableco's will be able to reclaim them for other uses (think HD, DOCSIS etc.) Analog is a huge waste of spectrum; again I suggest you read up on it.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to Quaoar

Premium Member

to Quaoar
said by Quaoar:

OK, here is the FACT of Docsis 3.0., IMO: Most of Comcast's network cannot support Docsis 3.0.
So which is it, "fact" as you state, or "your opinion" as you also state ? Seems like a contradiction...

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU to Der_Idiot

to Der_Idiot
said by Der_Idiot:

I'll agree though, it's hard to provide docsis3 speeds to everyone, but be honest, could you build a network to provide bandwidth in excess of 50megabits to millions of subscribers, and operate it for a price that is anywhere near reasonable? I know I couldn't, not something that huge.
Not everyone will be able to be moved to DOCSIS v3 right away. This is already, for the most part, apparent(at the moment anyways).

It's hard to imagine any entity being able to supply that amount of bandwidth at any given time. But if they are selling it, they should be able to supply it. In this case, is where having a big corporation with alot of money is put to the test.

And for what it's worth, eventually it's going to come down to customers demanding it. And whether Comcast is smart with future developments, infrastructure future-proofing, and money allocating. Because to put it bluntly, if they don't they won't make it. Thats where the future is going, and thats what customers will demand eventually.
caco
Premium Member
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK

caco to Quaoar

Premium Member

to Quaoar
said by Quaoar:

OK, here is the FACT of Docsis 3.0., IMO: Most of Comcast's network cannot support Docsis 3.0. Comcast can barely support user demands for downloads of video, music, etc., even though their users pay for say 8Mbps down and 768kbps up. Comcast is burdened by supplying minimal levels of HDTV content, and HSI is also way behind the demand curve. Comcast's infrastructure is good for 1980, but for 2008, it is a dead end. No way, no how, can Comcast demonstrate to any user that Comcast is providing the contracted up/down speeds at every second of every day. Comcast's network, in general, will not allow Comcast to generate a proof-positive guarantee of network performance since the network, overall, is a dead end without several billions of dollars of improvements.

Comcast, like every other broadband service, is doing a charade, a hand-waving exercise on its users to show that something is like or near what the users are paying for. But, there is no proof positive, because the proof will show that the paid-for tier performance in most areas cannot be obtained.

If Comcast has a reputable method for each and every subscriber to validate that Comcast is providing up/down speeds as advertised and paid for, then Comcast should step up to the plate and bat that proof ball out of the park.

It will not happen. Every high speed internet provider is doing the same smoke-and-mirrors slight-of-hand on up/down speed tiers while they winkey-winkey have services that prevent users from accessing their paid-for speeds. These secret speed limiting services are necessary because the overall networks cannot support the contracted speeds.

I know this, we know this, the only thing that makes this Comcast practice work is that we users do not unite and demonstrate that we are being hood-winked about our paid-for tier price for performance.

Comcast's network, cobbled up from many older cable TV systems, is at its limit. I believe that 99% of HSI users will never see Docsis 3.0 unless they are in the same area that Verizon is installing FIOS. Comcast will go balls to the wall to compete with FIOS, but Verizon has already demonstrated to the world at large that FIOS will be deployed to only the wealthiest of areas and not the world at large.

The evolution of internet access for downloading HD movies, etc., will demonstrate that Comcast has NOT provided for what they advertise and what we are paying for when our download speeds become a fraction of what we pay for in a year or two.

The charade is coming to an end. Comcast will have to own up to the fact that they have been selling us snake oil, and most of us have bought it. Myself included.

Docsis 3.0 is a figment of everyone's imagination, except in those areas that Comcast must counter Verizon's FIOS. 50 HDTV channels is a lost dream on Comcast's network, since Docsis3 and HDTV require much the same capital structure, and Comcast cannot provide the required improvements, except where FIOS magically appears.

Q
Is Fios in the Twin Cities? No!

Now please stop with same argument over and over. You have no clue what you are talking about. Everyone can have an opinion, doesn't have to be right that is for sure!
monkeytap
join:2008-04-16
Saint Paul, MN

monkeytap to Chiyo

to Chiyo
how are your speeds now after the comcast visit?

I was getting low speeds with my old netgear and linksys routers, but after switching to a dlink DG4500 (per recommendation in the previous thread) my speeds improved quite a bit.

has anyone cancelled/attempted cancelling their 3.0 service yet? I'm not sure if the 'real-life' improvements have been worth the extra $100/month

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC
·Hotwire Communic..

1 edit

Chiyo to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny

DOCSIS 3.0 Install - Minneapolis MN

I had Comcast out the tech was very nice and we did speed tests and got 40megs only once other wise it was like 25 - 30 megs.

We then disconnected the router (WatchGuard X5) and then did more speed tests and only got like 20meg he was perplexed as the line is fine.

The watchguard has an 80meg limit for the fire wall so that shouldn't be an issue. He was perplexed and even suggested canceling the service as I'm not getting my full speed.
monkeytap
join:2008-04-16
Saint Paul, MN

monkeytap

Did they do a speed test during intial installation? and if so, what speeds did you reach?

using comcast's speedtest at installation (straight from cable modem) I got ~ 51 megs, but haven't been able to reach that since.

its interesting to me that he suggested you cancel...was he just sharing his honest opinion or is that comcast's policy/direction for this situation...have you tried calling a customer rep or someone about it?

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC
·Hotwire Communic..

1 edit

Chiyo to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
he was just being honest and I appreciate it that he understood my feelings and understands 150 a month is not chump change.

No the tech never did speed test he never even went on anyone's pc he called his manager and asked if it was on and then left.

I wasn't home at the time my gf was and thats what I heard. When the second guy came out yesterday we did tons of speed tests.

when I'm using DAP or something else I can get 3.58MB otherwise nothing more. I love the speed but don't love the fact I can't get 50.

I've called the support lines but they are useless they blame my computer, spyware, my router everything but their equipment. They say all the signals look fine too.

So I don't know think I'm going to just play the waiting game there was an outage for 2 and half hours yesterday but I didn't seen any performance increase after it.

I asked several times for the login info for the modem and was told no because "I could break it" I just mentioned that it would make fewer less calls and I could troubleshoot my own line without the need to call and see my actual numbers.

The woman was very snippy and finally said look we don't get given the login details I'm sorry. I just said ok I understand your not in charge so no reason to get angry at you.

Right now I can only download @ 2.11mbps

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

ztmike to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Does anybody know why Comcast picked MN for these "speed trails"? Or how they go about picking the city that gets upgraded before the rest?

Seems totally random on which city gets it..

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC

Chiyo

Premium Member

I asked my tech that and he wasn't sure either he said it was just handed down by cooperate and they'd been testing for some time before rolling out.

I honestly think because U-Verse is on it's way in the coming months.

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

ztmike

Premium Member

I hardly doubt its because of U-Verse, other cities have that already and there is no 50mbps tier there..Besides, Comcast already competes with U-Verse with the blast! tier, (maybe not on the upload side) but yea..

Honestly though..I just want to get more upload speed, I'm still on 6/384 and what pisses me off the most, Chicago is at 6/1 for the same tier.

Wish I knew a CC tech or something to tell me when/if I'll get 6/1.

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC
·Hotwire Communic..

Chiyo

Premium Member

said by ztmike:

I hardly doubt its because of U-Verse, other cities have that already and there is no 50mbps tier there..Besides, Comcast already competes with U-Verse with the blast! tier, (maybe not on the upload side) but yea..

Honestly though..I just want to get more upload speed, I'm still on 6/384 and what pisses me off the most, Chicago is at 6/1 for the same tier.

Wish I knew a CC tech or something to tell me when/if I'll get 6/1.
Just remembered what about the Minneapolis WiFi? we have several communities be it further away from MSP that have launched muni projects. But Minneapolis just got done with their wifi maybe Comcast doesn't want to lose out to business?

CodeeCB
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Minneapolis, MN

CodeeCB to ztmike

Premium Member

to ztmike
said by ztmike:

Does anybody know why Comcast picked MN for these "speed trails"? Or how they go about picking the city that gets upgraded before the rest?

Seems totally random on which city gets it..
The Twin Cities is a "Product Showcase Market" due to exceptional Node and Network health, along with low trouble call on install and repeat trouble call rates.
hussle87
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06
Sykesville, MD

hussle87 to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Comcast said that docsis 3.0 is coming this year supossedly because fios is coming in '09 unless comcast is just going off of rumors of when fios is coming.
I know that a verizon tech said that carroll county is scheduled to start getting fiber this year. So any Ideas on this.
Der_Idiot

Der_Idiot to Sunny

to Sunny
50mbit service installed, had almost no time to actually test it before work, but the techs were great (I had two). Had to replace my drop (11 years old, lol) and the wire into my house, as well as a few fittings. Ended up splitting the original cable 3-ways, one to phone, one to hsi, and the last to an 8-way amp for the tv's. No more tiling, and rock solid connection so far.

By the way, the boot file is d11_m_dpc2505_showcase_c01.cm
Der_Idiot

Der_Idiot to Sunny

to Sunny
Ah, I wonder if I should re-open my newshosting account so I can get an accurate reading on my speed...

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC
·Hotwire Communic..

Chiyo

Premium Member

I too have news hosting I've tried all the different ports getting 3.81mbs sometimes I get 4.0. I've had it for exactly one week and I'm already on the verge of cancelling I ca'nt get my speeds I'm paying for and nobody seems to want to help.

A tech was out and he did what he could everyone at comcast blames my equipment or spyware.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to Quaoar

to Quaoar

(topic move) [Rant] Users are not reading ...

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[Rant] Users are not reading ...
pappy97
join:2007-03-12
El Paso, TX

1 edit

pappy97 to Quaoar

to Quaoar

said by Quaoar:

but Verizon has already demonstrated to the world at large that FIOS will be deployed to only the wealthiest of areas and not the world at large.

FIOS rollout is not going to wealthiest of areas, it's going to places where Verizon is the local telco.

If it was about wealthy areas, it would be in Silicon Valley now which has a high average and median income. But not only is it not there, there are no forseeable plans to come to SV. Most of SV does not have Verizon as its local telco, so it's out. And the few areas that do are a bit remote to bring FIOS there.

The point is, it's pretty ridiculous to say that FIOS is only going to wealthy areas. There are areas that are much much poorer than tech-savvy Silicon Valley, yet they have FIOS and Silicon Valley may never have FIOS.

CColon
join:2008-04-20
Philadelphia, PA

CColon to Sunny

to Sunny
Yeah, one analog channel takes the place of what could be 6-8 QAMS. Quite the waste...
Expand your moderator at work