Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

1 edit

wifi4milez to FLengineer

to FLengineer

Re: I am with the Consumer Advocates

said by FLengineer:

I don't download illegal P2P files so don't for a second claim I am bias. I posted this a long time ago... If the ISP is allowed to block your traffic because they suspect that it is illegal files, then I expect to see toll both operators armed and ready to stop someone if they see a joint in the passenger's seat. There is absolutely no difference there.
I dont know how it is in Florida, but coming into and out of NYC (specifically the MTA managed facilities) the toll booth operators are police officers with guns and handcuffs. They WILL arrest you if the see drugs on your seat!

FLengineer
CCNA, CEH, MCSA
Premium Member
join:2007-06-26
Deltona, FL

FLengineer

Premium Member

HAHA, gotta love NYC. The point is still valid, that toll booth operator is a law enforcement officer and should arrest you. Comcast is not a law enforcement agency.

jt45
@comcast.net

jt45

Anon

you are right they are not a law enforcement agency but they do have the right to stop people from using their network for illegal content. it would be like me renting your home to sell drugs out of it. i am sure if you found out you would want to kick me out. should i throw a fit because you are not a law enforcement agency and you dont have the right? i think not. you own the home so you have the right.

FLengineer
CCNA, CEH, MCSA
Premium Member
join:2007-06-26
Deltona, FL

1 edit

FLengineer

Premium Member

You would win a lawsuit against me if my reason was "I THINK he is dealing drugs". If I went in your rental and snooped around to prove it, that would be illegal as well unless I had a legal reason to go looking in your home.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

Legal reason to look in your home, are you subletting and violating occupancy rules since there is too much foot traffic to the apt?

Even if the initial look was illegal, the person who saw it illegally can tell the cops they saw it, then cops get a warrant and search the place legally (and launch an investigation into you and wiretap you), and then you goto jail. Only if you get rid of the drugs between the 1st (illegal) look and legal investigation/search warrants will you get away with it.

Even without a search warrant, cops can still search anything with probable cause since its an emergency and the opportunity will be lost if they have to get a warrant, even over your protests (you can't stop a cop from searching you, only protest it, only useful in a civil rights lawsuit later).

ipickedaname
@teksavvy.com

ipickedaname

Anon

Yes, but where is your probable cause to snoop on my connection to determine whether my P2P is legal or not?

Try: FISHING EXPEDITION!