share rss forum feed

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

Now we're talking..

I've always said that Comcast's "invisible" caps was a good thing because if they made the caps known, then they would lower them to something like 60GB, otherwise all the abusers would use exactly that amount per month.

250GB is PLENTY PER MONTH. Would be nice if we could have a website where we can see our monthly usage.
--
www.rr.cx | YourIP.US | MySite.cx

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1

that would be good customer service, i dont think comcast would provide a meter.

Rhanlav
Dook?

join:2005-01-28
Jacksonville, FL
reply to Rob

I agree. I'm good with this cap, if this is what they go with. Plus, I'm sort of curious how much my XBL connection soaks up from said cap. So yes, a monthly usage page would be nice. Sort of like how my electric bill works.

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

1 edit
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

250GB is PLENTY PER MONTH. Would be nice if we could have a website where we can see our monthly usage.
It is a decent amount. That's now. I just wondering what happens in a year from now, or two years from now. I hope Comcast reviews their caps as they go.

It's funny to me; cell carriers are going away from a per-minute billing system to unlimited plans. Certain cable providers are going the opposite.

Edit: I'd like to see Comcast offer a monthly credit if you used less than 5GB/month. That would be a nice thing, to balance out the idea of an overage.

--
And so castles made of sand, slip into the sea, eventually.

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Rhanlav
Dook?

join:2005-01-28
Jacksonville, FL
reply to DaveDude

Comcast with good customer service? You mean grandmothers with hammers might not show up and smash their phones? Gah! Oh the horror! What will they do? Shuffleboard? Or maybe Bridge! Nooooooooooooooooo...

NOCMan
MacChatter
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to Rob

Actually it's a ripoff.

I have over a terabit of LEGAL media backed up online and if I had to download that under the stated model I would have to pay 500 dollars in overage charges. $1.50 per gigabyte when they are paying less than $0.15 per gigabyte is robbery.

Glaice
Brutal Video Vault
Premium
join:2002-10-01
North Babylon, NY
reply to Rob

*Cough DUMeter Cough*

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

said by Glaice:

*Cough DUMeter Cough*
But that is NOT accurate either. Espicially when you might have more then one computer in the house in which each computer uses internet resources and resource usage is added up for data passed between in-house computers.

JollyStomper
The Funky Feel One
Premium
join:2003-03-16
Level 15
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to NOCMan

said by NOCMan:

Actually it's a ripoff.

I have over a terabit of LEGAL media backed up online and if I had to download that under the stated model I would have to pay 500 dollars in overage charges. $1.50 per gigabyte when they are paying less than $0.15 per gigabyte is robbery.
Wait...

Don't you have FIOS? What are you worried about here?

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Jeffrey

said by Jeffrey:

It's funny to me; cell carriers are going away from a per-minute billing system to unlimited plans. Certain cable providers are going the opposite.
Watch what happens if you program a robot to play and stream videos 24/7 on your cellphone's carrier sponsored video service. Voice calls are absolutely irrelevant on todays digital networks and have ZERO impact. I can fit 4 cellphone calls on a 56K dialup modem. Remember a cellphone voice call eats only 6-12kbit/s symetrical and cellphones use very aggressive and degrading lossy compression, compare landline quality to full bars cellphone and you will hear the difference. Even landline calls only use 64kbit/s and they are uncompressed. Notice ONLY Sprint offers an Unlimited plan that includes more than Unlimited voice.