join:2002-12-24
GMT -5

1 edit

Jeff to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

Re: Now we're talking..

said by Robert:

250GB is PLENTY PER MONTH. Would be nice if we could have a website where we can see our monthly usage.
It is a decent amount. That's now. I just wondering what happens in a year from now, or two years from now. I hope Comcast reviews their caps as they go.

It's funny to me; cell carriers are going away from a per-minute billing system to unlimited plans. Certain cable providers are going the opposite.

Edit: I'd like to see Comcast offer a monthly credit if you used less than 5GB/month. That would be a nice thing, to balance out the idea of an overage.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

1 recommendation

patcat88

said by Jeff:

It's funny to me; cell carriers are going away from a per-minute billing system to unlimited plans. Certain cable providers are going the opposite.
Watch what happens if you program a robot to play and stream videos 24/7 on your cellphone's carrier sponsored video service. Voice calls are absolutely irrelevant on todays digital networks and have ZERO impact. I can fit 4 cellphone calls on a 56K dialup modem. Remember a cellphone voice call eats only 6-12kbit/s symetrical and cellphones use very aggressive and degrading lossy compression, compare landline quality to full bars cellphone and you will hear the difference. Even landline calls only use 64kbit/s and they are uncompressed. Notice ONLY Sprint offers an Unlimited plan that includes more than Unlimited voice.