It Is Almost Fast
Premium
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

caps?

I have the 8meg plan and I sure as hello hope that there is higher usages set up for us.. and those on the 16/2 plans as well.

Some of us actually use our connections.. we would like to at least get what we pay for.. and caps are lame.

Well I sure wish there were better alternatives available.. T1+ costs too much.. DSL, too far from the CO/DSLAM (now) sat, to much lag and poor performance.. dialup, yeah right.. what else is there?

Surewest Fiber (locally) is near, but STILL won't deploy to my location/house even though I can look out of my window and see the feed.

Also, I think this may be another way MegaCorp Comcast can kill 2 birds with one stone: Make FCC et al happy by not messing with packets AND feed the already fat wallets of the corp and its shareholders. blah

I hope it fails. utterly.
--
Webmaster - Steve
- - - - - - - - - - - -
»www.1-gb.net
»www.ppnstudio.com

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1

1 edit
said by pokesph:

Surewest Fiber (locally) is near, but STILL won't deploy to my location/house even though I can look out of my window and see the feed.
Might wanna point a directional wifi antenna in the right direction

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to pokesph
said by pokesph:

Some of us actually use our connections.. we would like to at least get what we pay for.. and caps are lame.
Are you implying that you do not get a 8mb connection? Or are you just whining that if you run a steady 8mb connection for a day or 2 you will reach your cap?

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to pokesph
A T1 connection is much too slow to use.