Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem to gsm8

Premium Member

to gsm8

Re: Get a job

Most people here have full time jobs I'm assuming.

Homebrew19947
Betzwood Basement Brewery
join:2001-11-15
King Of Prussia, PA

Homebrew19947

said by DrModem:

I wouldn't assume that at all.
I'm willing to bet there are a fair number of student aged people on this site. Just see how often someone refers to their parents cable service. Also, old farts like me are not downloading nearly 250Gb of content.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by Homebrew19947:

said by DrModem:

I'm willing to bet there are a fair number of student aged people on this site. Just see how often someone refers to their parents cable service. Also, old farts like me are not downloading nearly 250Gb of content.
Yep, people with full time jobs dont have time to be gamers and live in gaming land and have time to be always trying out the latest things in PC gaming land.

Kids without jobs also p2p a lot since their allowance wont cover $200 a month of entertainment.

Hehe
@ssa.gov

Hehe

Anon

said by patcat88:

said by Homebrew19947:

said by DrModem:

Yep, people with full time jobs dont have time to be gamers and live in gaming land and have time to be always trying out the latest things in PC gaming land.

Kids without jobs also p2p a lot since their allowance wont cover $200 a month of entertainment.
I am 49 and have a full time job.
I am an on-line gamer.
I use p2p when needed.
But I get DVDs from netflix.

If I were to watch movies over the Internet, maybe I could hit 250GB. But I don't have a computer connected to my TV and I don't like watching movies on my computer.

Anyway, 250GB seems like more than I could ever use in a month. I guess I should start downloading every Linux distro out there! OMG I need more disk space! I only have 2TB!

DJinHou
@itopro.com

DJinHou

Anon

Yeah!

"Who in their right mind would ever need more than 640 K of RAM?" (Bill Gates, 1981)
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." (Popular Mechanics, 1949)
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." (Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943)
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." (Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977)
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." (Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899)
« RidiculousBandwidth caps are good »
This is a sub-selection from Get a job