Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Matt3

MVM

to Matt3

Re: Cable companies need to wake up

said by Matt3:

said by SpaethCo:

said by Jeff:

I really dislike when people say what should be enough for someone else.
Statistically speaking, 250GB would easily fit 99+% of the existing user base usage on the single node - out of thousands deployed across multiple companies - I happened to see the stats from in Minnesota. Yes I realize my sample size is statistically meaningless but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
I fixed it for you.
Yea, cause we all know that measurables like that in a discussion like this are meaningless. /sarcasm

factchecker
@cox.net

factchecker

Anon

said by Nightfall:

Yea, cause we all know that measurables like that in a discussion like this are meaningless. /sarcasm
No, the sample size is what makes it meaningless. You can't use a sample from one node to represent the whole user population of a network. Nodes vary not only in size, but also in the types of users that are passed - some neighborhoods may have more light users than others.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by factchecker :

said by Nightfall:

No, the sample size is what makes it meaningless. You can't use a sample from one node to represent the whole user population of a network. Nodes vary not only in size, but also in the types of users that are passed - some neighborhoods may have more light users than others.
Helps if you read my post. It was city wide, not by a node or neighborhood.

factchecker
@cox.net

factchecker

Anon

said by Nightfall:

said by factchecker :

said by Nightfall:

Helps if you read my post. It was city wide, not by a node or neighborhood.
I read your post and you stated:
He pulled up the data usage of all the homes in our area and we counted a grand total of 50 people over 100gb.
You didn't say an entire city... Your "entire area", more likely than not, does not include enough subscribers to be meaningful statistically...

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by factchecker :

I read your post and you stated:

You didn't say an entire city... Your "entire area", more likely than not, does not include enough subscribers to be meaningful statistically...
My mistake. I should have said it was the city I live in to be more specific. Thats included over 50,000 accounts. I can't remember the exact number. I think that sampling is more than meaningful.