Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to espaeth

Re: Cable companies need to wake up

said by espaeth:

said by Jeffrey:

I really dislike when people say what should be enough for someone else.
Statistically speaking, 250GB would easily fit 99+% of the existing user base usage.
Someone else made this point at some other spot in this thread....if 99+% of the customers are below the 250GB cap - by a large margin - then why the need for this to begin with?
--
And so castles made of sand, slip into the sea, eventually.

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vitelity VOIP

1 recommendation

said by Jeffrey:

if 99+% of the customers are below the 250GB cap - by a large margin - then why the need for this to begin with?
I think the key issue was that the abuse department was making calls and telling people to consume less, but was unable to quote a figure.

Now there's a figure for them to relay.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
reply to Jeffrey

said by Jeffrey:

Someone else made this point at some other spot in this thread....if 99+% of the customers are below the 250GB cap - by a large margin - then why the need for this to begin with?
Because of shareholder pressure to make more money on the high consumption users?

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

said by Crookshanks:

said by Jeffrey:

Because of shareholder pressure to make more money on the high consumption users?
Possible. In the end though, you'd lose customer. But businesses rarely think that far ahead.
--

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Jeffrey:

In the end though, you'd lose customer. But businesses rarely think that far ahead.
Some customers are not worth having. They bring in less revenue than it costs to service them.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

1 edit

said by FFH:

said by Jeffrey:

In the end though, you'd lose customer. But businesses rarely think that far ahead.
Some customers are not worth having. They bring in less revenue than it costs to service them.
Oh, that's completely true. I just think if you piss off enough of them, and there is an alternative, another company can take advantage of that situation. Comcast doesn't exactly have glowing reviews over the last year or so, either.

--