uniqs

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

Is it possible to combine the HD and SD channel numbers in the guide to simplify tuning HD material? This is a setting in DirecTV HD and Dish Network HD set top software. I have yet to find a Cable provider that makes finding HD channels easy...

MacLeech
The one and only
Premium Member
join:2001-07-14
SoCal

1 edit

MacLeech

Premium Member

said by cypherstream:

I have yet to find a Cable provider that makes finding HD channels easy...
The Moxi rolled out in Charter and ex-Adelphia areas has a HD menu, which pulls up a list of all HD channels and saved HD programs on the DVR.

The Moxi also has the ability to hide unwanted channels on the channel lists, so if you didn't want to see the SD versions of the channels you could hide them.

Rombus
Premium Member
join:2007-04-11
Opelika, AL

Rombus

Premium Member

Also with mystro, to get all the HD channels, all you have to do is hit the yellow triangle A button, and hit the left arrow once, one of the menu items is "HTDV Now" and it lists every HD channel and whats on it, pick one, hit select and you tune right to it.

@ K Patterson:

Simply because they have to, TWC needs Mystro completely launched in an area before they can roll out SDV. The good news is that every bug we have been reporting has been, albet slowly, getting fixed. Things have gotten alot better since they FIRST Rolled it out.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by Rombus:

Simply because they have to, TWC needs Mystro completely launched in an area before they can roll out SDV.
Are you sure about that? TW Portland has been testing and using SDV for about 4 years. They are also using a digital overlay system in my former Adelphia market and the SA boxes also have SDV...I do not *believe* there is Mystro installed on the boxes, but i could be wrong.
K Patterson
Premium Member
join:2006-03-12
Columbus, OH

K Patterson

Premium Member

What they need it for is to move VOD out to the node level. That is why such features as recording from both tuners when the TV is off, saving the last hour, and the SWAP button on the remote are gone. you cannot use both tuners unless you are recording shows.

I just got back from Customer service. After 24 years, no more. Tried to cancel over the phone, but couldn't get through.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to swintec

MVM

to swintec
The latest version of SARA does support SDV. I'm not sure, but whatever version of Passport that TWC has a license for, does not support SDV.

Not sure if a new version of Passport exists out there that DOES support SDV, and TWC just doesn't want to buy the upgrade or not.

Rombus
Premium Member
Opelika, AL

Rombus to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
@swintec, not entirely sure, but like Cypher pointed out SARA does not support SDV, and the version of passport we were using in NEO did not have SDV support. I just know what they have been saying to the techs as for the reasons for Mystro.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

1 edit

cypherstream

MVM

But what I'm wondering is, Does Aptiv Digital have a version of Passport which DOES work with SDV?

Perhaps Aptiv wanted too much $$ for the upgrade license, so TWC figured they would move all programming in house and not have to go through a third party vendor every time there's an issue, upgrade, etc...?

I would be curious to know what is the latest build of Passport that Aptiv put out... and does it support SDV? I know the latest version of PassportDCT (For the Motorola's) is 3.0. Not sure if PassportDCT supports SDV or not. I know Gemstar purchased Aptiv Digital, and Gemstar's I-Guide A25 for Motorolas will introduce SDV support. Also Macrovision bought Gemstar, so who knows what that may bring. When I think of Macrovision, I can only think about copy protection.

mckenna797
Premium Member
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY

mckenna797

Premium Member

yes yes and yes, twc of nyc is now sdv and Passport works fine on my SA 8300hd-dvr
NY111024
join:2008-02-27
Astoria, NY

NY111024

I live in NYC and I also used to complaint about Mystro.
But I have to point that I noticed some upgrades like.
-All OnDmenad channels load really fast.
-The time response on the TV guide on screen has improve a lot.

TWC still has to work on few bugs that Mystro has, but I think that they would fix them soon.
I love the new caller ID on screen and also the addition of the new HD channels.

PS. TWC could you add the C button on the TV Guide screen. I really miss that from passport.

http
@verizon.net

http

Anon

Hello, for several days, my program guide shows: no program data, is there a way to get it to update? thanks.
nitecourt
join:2004-10-19
Erie, PA

nitecourt

said by http :

Hello, for several days, my program guide shows: no program data, is there a way to get it to update? thanks.
When I had their box I would have to pull the power cord out of it, let it sit a minute, and then plug it back it. It was at least a weekly occurrence if not more.

http
@verizon.net

http

Anon

Thank you, unplugging it worked.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to Rombus

Premium Member

to Rombus
said by Rombus:

Also with mystro, to get all the HD channels, all you have to do is hit the yellow triangle A button, and hit the left arrow once, one of the menu items is "HTDV Now" and it lists every HD channel and whats on it, pick one, hit select and you tune right to it.

@ K Patterson:

Simply because they have to, TWC needs Mystro completely launched in an area before they can roll out SDV. The good news is that every bug we have been reporting has been, albet slowly, getting fixed. Things have gotten alot better since they FIRST Rolled it out.
they need to fix the bug when

messages to the box are set to disable but you get the spam anyways

Rombus
Premium Member
Opelika, AL

Rombus

Premium Member

Care to clarify what "messages" you are talking about? Ive lived in NEO and Mid Ohio for over 2 years and have yet to ever see the box get a "message"

MacLeech
The one and only
Premium Member
join:2001-07-14
SoCal

MacLeech to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

they need to fix the bug when

messages to the box are set to disable but you get the spam anyways
You have a Moto box with iGuide, not Mystro. The message indicator "disable" option is to turn off the red indicator light on the front of the box when you get a message, nothing more. It's doesn't keep the box from receiving messages.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

I think he is still whining about the Emergency Alert System which the cable company has no control over

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

3 edits

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
no i am talking about sytem wide meeages

about boxing

it's spam

Rombus
Premium Member
Opelika, AL

Rombus

Premium Member

AFAIK Mystro has no provisions for those sorts of messages

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

Anonymous_

Premium Member

said by Rombus:

AFAIK Mystro has no provisions for those sorts of messages
iGuide sucks also

records old an New WHEN set to NEW ONLY

Crashs On demand

endless loop in the on demand menu (on baisc box)

on demand endless number of Purchase Errors

randomley might Purchase premium channels such as cmax etc.. etc..

lacks Auto video output switching

exmanple: the show is in 720p but the box is outputing 1080i It Degrades image Quality

hard drive space might fill up after 4 or 5 recordings

Rombus
Premium Member
Opelika, AL

Rombus

Premium Member

But this thread is not about iguide, its about mystro punker

CARY NC
@rr.com

CARY NC

Anon

We were upgraded to this MYSTRO garbage approximately 3 months ago. Since then nothing but problems. Slow, forgets to record, etc. The list is endless compared to how much better passport works. The answer I get from Time Warner is you will get used to it. It has been 3 months and I cannot get used to the slowness, the missing programs, etc. The other day I DVR'd a show. It got stuck in the middle. It wouldnt go any further. I had to get rid of the show. For approx 180.00 a month I should not have to get used to anything!

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA

cypherstream to Rombus

MVM

to Rombus
Still shows you that the grass is not greener on the other side.

Can't wait until these companies get a clue about how to write good software for these boxes.

Rombus
Premium Member
Opelika, AL

Rombus

Premium Member

said by cypherstream:

Still shows you that the grass is not greener on the other side.

Can't wait until these companies get a clue about how to write good software for these boxes.
Oh i agree, I would be interested in seeing a guide developed by TiVo.

nycchester
@rr.com

nycchester to CARY NC

Anon

to CARY NC
said by CARY NC :

We were upgraded to this MYSTRO garbage approximately 3 months ago. Since then nothing but problems. Slow, forgets to record, etc. The list is endless compared to how much better passport works. The answer I get from Time Warner is you will get used to it. It has been 3 months and I cannot get used to the slowness, the missing programs, etc. The other day I DVR'd a show. It got stuck in the middle. It wouldnt go any further. I had to get rid of the show. For approx 180.00 a month I should not have to get used to anything!
i agree mystro sucks big monkey balls. time to get tivo and a cablecard.