All remaining unread posts:
rein
join:2006-01-20
Burlington, VT

1 edit

rein to VOIPoTim

to VOIPoTim

Re: [General] VoipO getting ready for Launch

I'm moving soon and am considering switching VOIP companies. VOIPo looks very promising from all the positive feedback I've read!

It's been a couple of weeks now since the last update on this thread and I was wondering if you could keep us up to date on what's happening and when the launch might be happening. I personally found the last one very informative and not "boring" in the least!

Thanks so much in advance!

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel

Premium Member

Well definitely be on the lookout for an announcement soon but all I can say is that Voipo's service for me has been flawless in reliability and sound quality.

They have a unique business model for the voip world: They care about the customer!
I think you will be pleased with the product and the pricing once it is released.

Voipo will be the real "talk" of the business...

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Re: [General] getting ready for launch -really!

said by NY Tel:

They have a unique business model for the voip world: They care about the customer!
I must agree!

If you did not put your name in at »VOIPo.com for the VIP notice, you may miss the next round of openings. Before they swing the doors fully open, that is where I think the next invites will come from.

I don't know if Tim is ready to reveal pricing yet? I am sure the invite will provide complete information, and not too far down the line. Still, VOIPo moves with purpose, not a fixed time-line.
rein
join:2006-01-20
Burlington, VT

rein

I did sign up for the VIP notice a few days ago so I'm hoping that will get me in on the next round, as you said. Thanks for the feedback - can't wait for the launch!
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Irvine, CA

1 recommendation

VOIPoTim to christcorp

Premium Member

to christcorp

There will be a good amount of information released in the next few days and a launch date will be provided for soft launch to everyone in the pre-launch group.
VOIPoTim

VOIPoTim to rein

Premium Member

to rein

said by rein:

I did sign up for the VIP notice a few days ago so I'm hoping that will get me in on the next round, as you said. Thanks for the feedback - can't wait for the launch!
Check your PM in a few minutes. I can get you setup today.
slow mo
join:2002-03-19
USA

slow mo

said by VOIPoTim:

said by rein:

I signed up for the vip thing way way back but never got any thing back.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by slow mo:

I signed up for the vip thing way way back but never got any thing back.
Everyone on that list will be getting an e-mail with a lot of info (basically full disclosure) in the next few days.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip

Premium Member

I've been wondering myself if this was ever coming around.

Thanks for the update.
slow mo
join:2002-03-19
USA

1 edit

slow mo to VOIPoTim

to VOIPoTim
said by VOIPoTim:

Everyone on that list will be getting an e-mail with a lot of info (basically full disclosure) in the next few days.
Thanks for the update.

SpeedDragon
join:2006-08-09

SpeedDragon to VOIPoTim

to VOIPoTim
said by VOIPoTim:
said by rein:

Is beta sign-up still available?
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

3 edits

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by SpeedDragon See ProfileIs beta sign-up still available?

We're actually about to end the nearly 2 year beta period and launch the service to the general public. Info about our plans, pricing, overall offering, and launch date will be released in a few days. So basically, the beta is currently closed, but everyone be able to order service in a few weeks.

We have a pretty large beta group (over 1,000 numbers in service) so we don't need any more, but if you really can't wait and are serious about potentially getting paid service when we launch, PM me and I can get you setup now.

Also I went ahead and setup a demo account for anyone interested in checking our the first version of our control panel. Our designer still has a few things to do to tweak it like labeling things, moving a few things around and adding some instructions, but with the exception of those minor changes, this is basically what we'll be launching with.

URL: »secure.voipo.com
User: 5618860661
Pass: demo

Feel free to play around with it some and check things out.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Re: [General] Getting ready for launch -really!

said by VOIPoTim:

I took a look and deja-vue That is exactly what us beta testers see.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

1 edit

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by usa2k:

said by VOIPoTim:

I took a look and deja-vue That is exactly what us beta testers see.
A couple random things to point out about the demo. These are things we implemented based on feedback in the beta.

1) Call History is completely real-time. As a matter of fact, if you're talking on the phone, you can keep refreshing the Call History page and the call time shown will be accurate and keep updating as you keep talking.

2) If you click on a call in call history, you have a menu for easy access to all call blocking/routing options.

3) You can store multiple E911 address profiles and switch among them with one click.

4) You can control display settings such as how many rows to show in call history, etc to control how info is presented.

5) With voicemail, messages show up in real-time and you can play them online, have them e-mailed and receive SMS notifications. SMS notifications are short and to the point while e-mail notifications have more info and the sound file attachment if you want. All include Caller ID info.

6) Virtual numbers can be added in real-time with one click. By default they ring through to your main number's voicemail, but you can create a separate voicemail box for each virtual number if you'd like.

7) Anywhere you input a number such as for failover, forwarding and call routing, you can use a phone number or a SIP address.

8) You can create contacts and groups. By default we provide full name on incoming calls with a CNAM lookup, but you can also set a Custom Caller ID for your contacts to override that if you'd like. If a contact has multiple numbers, we'll detect which it is and show something like "Mom - Cell" if you have a contact for that number.

9) Call Routes provides the ability to route your incoming and outgoing calls anyway you'd like. For outbound calls this may be creating your own speed dial setup with unlimited entries. It could be redirecting 411 to your favorite "free 411" service instead of using our premium service. It could also be having your daughter always get a busy signal when calling her new boyfriend. Lots of options.

Incoming calls can be managed in basically the same way. You can route calls from numbers, contacts, groups, or even ranges of numbers. Wildcard routing is fully supported so you can route area codes or strings of numbers freeform to busy signals, disconnected messages, voicemail, or any destination you want.

So still a lot of room for improvement and we have a lot of things planned for V2, but these are things we currently have. Again these are small things, but they add up.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

said by VOIPoTim:

So still a lot of room for improvement and we have a lot of things planned for V2, but these are things we currently have. Again these are small things, but they add up.
vPanel is very efficient and effective.

Hey, v2 could be called v2Panel
Fisamo
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Apex, NC

Fisamo to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim
Your post brought a few questions to mind, and I haven't bothered to test this on my line (oops)...

Will VOIPo be offering any kind of 411 service (whether paid or 'free'?) If you do not intend to offer 411 service, your outbound call route page should provide suggestions for routing 411.

Will VOIPo be offering outbound international call blocking? Once again, under outbound call routes, you can always block '01*'--if you don't have a checkbox to block international calls, you should include this instruction on that page.
soitgoes2
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14

soitgoes2 to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim

I don't see any billing info in the demo. Is it available in a separate control panel?
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

3 edits

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by Fisamo:

Your post brought a few questions to mind, and I haven't bothered to test this on my line (oops)...

Will VOIPo be offering any kind of 411 service (whether paid or 'free'?) If you do not intend to offer 411 service, your outbound call route page should provide suggestions for routing 411.

Will VOIPo be offering outbound international call blocking? Once again, under outbound call routes, you can always block '01*'--if you don't have a checkbox to block international calls, you should include this instruction on that page.
Yes, premium paid 411 is what is offered by default.

Under "Features" there is an option to enable/disable international calls. Thinking we should move this to preferences.
said by soitgoes2:

I don't see any billing info in the demo. Is it available in a separate control panel?
Billing is managed separately, yes. This was primarily to expedite launch.

Ultimately, we'll be moving to a billing system we developed entirely in-house. Right now the fully in-house one is running in the background calculating, but we're just not using it to actually bill customers or as a frontend until it's been thoroughly tested for load. Doesn't seem to have problems, but given the fact that our existing customer base is so large on the web hosting side (we host 1.2 million domains and that number is exploding), we know that we'll have massive volume to contend with from day 1 with VOIPo from that alone. With that in mind, I feel better about running a proven billing system which we've used for hosting on the frontend and then once we see that the in-house one that we developed is holding up under the load and any needed changes are made to it, we'll switch to it. Then it'll all be managed in a single panel.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k to Fisamo

MVM

to Fisamo

said by Fisamo:

From my review:
"I send 411 to GOOG411 information directory (411 to 8004664411)"
cjt
join:2004-03-02
Chicago, IL

cjt to VOIPoTim

to VOIPoTim

VOIPoTim,

you still taking anymore beta users? Thanks.

no_one
@PHNX.QWEST.NET

no_one

Anon

Read up the topic some posts and the answer is no. The soft launch is coming. They had or still have over 1,000 beta users.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by no_one :

Read up the topic some posts and the answer is no. The soft launch is coming. They had or still have over 1,000 beta users.
That was numbers, not users. Bit of a difference.

NY Tel
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

1 recommendation

NY Tel

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:
said by no_one :

That was numbers, not users. Bit of a difference.
Ok so each of us has 333 personal accounts......

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

I have two numbers, including one dedicated efax number.
Fisamo
Premium Member
Apex, NC

1 edit

1 recommendation

Fisamo to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim
said by VOIPoTim:

Under "Features" there is an option to enable/disable international calls. Thinking we should move this to preferences.
D'OH! Must have missed it.

Same goes with usa2k See Profile's comment in the review.

[directed at me]

Edit to add: I don't think you should move the International Call Block. It makes sense for it to be under Features--I just overlooked it. (It doesn't fit in with the other items under 'Preferences', so you're far better off leaving it where it is.)
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by Fisamo:

said by VOIPoTim:

D'OH! Must have missed it.

Same goes with usa2k See Profile's comment in the review.

[directed at me]

Edit to add: I don't think you should move the International Call Block. It makes sense for it to be under Features--I just overlooked it. (It doesn't fit in with the other items under 'Preferences', so you're far better off leaving it where it is.)
Actually it had been a hidden option that we just added back Tues or Wednes so maybe you didn't miss it and it just wasn't there when you looked.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim

said by VOIPoTim:

...6) Virtual numbers can be added in real-time with one click. By default they ring through to your main number's voicemail, but you can create a separate voicemail box for each virtual number if you'd like....
With fond remembrance of the "good" things about SunRocket ... and given that VOIPo will be allowing independent VoiceMail for the Main DID and Virtual DID ... is it possible to have independent CallForwarding for incoming calls? For example, if I were traveling, my wife could receive calls at our home's Main DID but I could temporarily forward the Virtual DID to my cell phone.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by N9MD:

said by VOIPoTim:

...6) Virtual numbers can be added in real-time with one click. By default they ring through to your main number's voicemail, but you can create a separate voicemail box for each virtual number if you'd like....
With fond remembrance of the "good" things about SunRocket ... and given that VOIPo will be allowing independent VoiceMail for the Main DID and Virtual DID ... is it possible to have independent CallForwarding for incoming calls? For example, if I were traveling, my wife could receive calls at our home's Main DID but I could temporarily forward the Virtual DID to my cell phone.
That's something we thought about, but ultimately opted against primarily because there's a lot of potential for abuse with that being offered on a residential plan.

The independent voicemail boxes aren't really as big of a deal as far as that goes though which is why we did implement them.

Sorry!

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k to VOIPoTim

MVM

to VOIPoTim

said by VOIPoTim:

Wondering how many outgoing test FAXES have been sent now?
ilhy
join:2005-11-07
Detroit, MI

ilhy to VOIPoTim

to VOIPoTim
Block International Calls: Enable/Disable.

I'm a little bit confuse here. When I set to "Enable", it's enable international call or enable to "block international call"?

Maybe it's a silly question.

Ilhy

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Perhaps it would be better to say:
International Calls [BLOCKED|ALLOW]

I assume (and you know what that means ...):
Block International Calls: Enable/Disable.

I'm a little bit confuse here. When I set to "Enable", it's enable international call or enable to "block international call"?
soitgoes2
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14

1 recommendation

soitgoes2 to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim

said by VOIPoTim:

That's something we thought about, but ultimately opted against primarily because there's a lot of potential for abuse with that being offered on a residential plan.
Maybe, if you could work out the billing for this, you could offer this feature with a charge per minute for the forwarded calls.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

3 edits

usa2k

MVM

said by soitgoes2:
said by VOIPoTim:

Maybe, if you could work out the billing for this, you could offer this feature with a charge per minute for the forwarded calls.
That is a great idea, but then it seems to be more a second line, with a metered rate, but all the full plan features.

This is different, and I've not figured a good application of it, but ...
One thing you can do, is route any incoming CID to a number or SIP URL. Because you can't tell if they called the primary or virtual number, it seems no more useful than the Whitelist /Blacklist / Voicemail /Busy /Disconnected choices.

Forward could perhaps be made route a Group of numbers in your Phone Book to your cell phone. But call forwarding one incoming CID ... seems like an over-kill of choices
druber
join:2000-04-11
Stow, MA

druber to usa2k

to usa2k

Good point. It should be Yes or No.
lanb
join:2002-08-02
Renton, WA

lanb

Anyone in the "launch group" get the enrollment email yet ?

This "coming soon" thread has been going on for over two
months now.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

1 edit

usa2k

MVM

I am a paid Beta tester using their billing system.
That was one of the remaining details ...

CC or PayPay BTW available.
Russell_
join:2006-04-06

Russell_ to lanb

to lanb
said by lanb:

months now.
I'm not sure what you're waiting for. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is, at this point in time, you can sign up and pay for the service at some others have done.
Fisamo
Premium Member
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

The service is not open to the public just yet. Existing beta testers have been given a link to the billing system so that they can test-drive it before they launch.

I will be the first to agree that this launch has been a long time in coming, and some announcements were definitely made too early. While the wait is frustrating, it's far better in the long run that voipo take their time and hold the launch until they're ready.

Based on what I've heard, there should be a more informative announcement in the coming weeks.
gbh2o
join:2000-12-18
Longs, SC

1 edit

gbh2o to N9MD

to N9MD

said by N9MD:

said by VOIPoTim:

You could sign up for an Express VOIPo account [inbound only] in addition to the Residential account. The DIDs available with Express can be routed just about anywhere there is a PSTN or SIP address, with instant changes available through the Vpanel. An Express DID would not provide the secondary voice mail available with a Residential plan virtual number, but could provide the other flexibility you seek for travel.

Express DIDs are meant for residential use and currently include a generous 500 minutes per month for local numbers and 100 minutes per month for toll free numbers [to PSTN termination]. Overage charges are high enough to discourage other than 'low volume' residential use. Note routing to SIP destinations is not as limited or costly!

I have used Express DIDs for quite a while now; they're addictive as virtual numbers! My account just keeps growing as I find additional 'needs' for numbers around the country. There is just something about being able to provide a local link to distant family members for only $24 a year.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven to christcorp

Mod

to christcorp

(topic move) [General] VoipO getting ready for Launch

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 3 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[VoipGo]
BigMac777
join:2001-07-21
Green Valley, AZ

BigMac777 to christcorp

to christcorp

Moving the previous post to VoipGo was wrong in my opinion. The OP was talking about VOIPO and made a clerical error in there typing. In you click on the OP's signature you see they were testing VoipO.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

1 edit

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by BigMac777:

Moving the previous post to VoipGo was wrong in my opinion. The OP was talking about VOIPO and made a clerical error in there typing. In you click on the OP's signature you see they were testing VoipO.
It's possible a user had issues during our BETA, but I don't believe this user was referring to VOIPo.

The poster refers to live chat and phone support. We've provided neither during our BETA, so it wouldn't have been possible to contact us through either of those means.

Our infrastructure is also different than what's referred to here and users do not connect to various servers, so we wouldn't be moving anyone around every time they had an issue as mentioned either.

Similar names, but I think the poster was in fact referring to VOIPGo when they mentioned VOIPGo and just accidentally posted the post in a VOIPo thread.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD to BigMac777

Premium Member

to BigMac777
said by BigMac777:

What will it take to convince you, BM777? I am a physician in NJ, totally not business related to VOIPo or the VOIP industry --- I'm just an alpha/beta tester. Did you not read my recent post which reveals why the OP could not possibly be referring to VOIPo? The OP states that the telephone reps were "rude". VOIPo does not yet have any telephone reps!

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

I think that BM777 took a Roseanne Roseannadanna moment and went all serious about it. "Never mind."

NY Tel
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

1 recommendation

NY Tel to N9MD

Premium Member

to N9MD
said by N9MD:
said by BigMac777:

What will it take to convince you, BM777? I am a physician in NJ, totally not business related to VOIPo or the VOIP industry --- I'm just an alpha/beta tester. Did you not read my recent post which reveals why the OP could not possibly be referring to VOIPo? The OP states that the telephone reps were "rude". VOIPo does not yet have any telephone reps!
Hey - I see a medical miracle here.
You are probably the most well equipped to take care of someone who has BM in their screen name
BigMac777
join:2001-07-21
Green Valley, AZ

BigMac777 to christcorp

to christcorp
Yes are there some medical miracles in the world. But not on here. Just some more phony baloney witch Dr.'s. But that is another story. If you had looked at the post I made in the VoipGo thread, you would have seen where I stated the OP even had me confused by what they were stating. But I guess some posters just don't follow along very well in all the threads. I will excuse you children this time and not charge you any points for being wrong at this time. I do think you for your fine commits never the less. You young whipper snappers keep up the good work on here. OK BOYS and GIRLS lets get back to the rest of the stories.

christcorp
Premium Member
join:2001-05-21
Cheyenne, WY

christcorp

Premium Member

Wow; now I'm really confused. (Which probably isn't a difficult thing to do). Whether the original post meant VoipO or VoipGO, they mentioned dissatisfaction in such things as call in customer support. Considering that VoipO hasn't provided call in customer support to any of their beta testers, the original poster obviously couldn't have been talking about VoipO. So, we're back to where we were with no VoipO alpha/beta testers having anything bad to say about VoipO; VoipO moving many of their Alpha/Beta testers to regular ported residential accounts; and VoipO preparing to go public shortly. Later... Mike.....
lanb
join:2002-08-02
Renton, WA

lanb to Russell_

to Russell_

said by Russell_:

said by lanb:

months now.
I'm not sure what you're waiting for. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is, at this point in time, you can sign up and pay for the service at some others have done.
Nope, still can't sign up.
Russell_
join:2006-04-06

Russell_

said by lanb:
said by Russell_:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is, at this point in time, you can sign up and pay for the service at some others have done.
Nope, still can't sign up.
Perhaps PM-ing the right person offering to pay for the service will get you signed up.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Re: [VOIPo] Soon!

I see silver:

»User reviews - VOIPO

No sign in »/gbu yet ...
USAJoseph
join:2008-08-04
Cypress, TX

2 edits

USAJoseph

I LOVE VOIPo!!!

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Re: [VOIPo] Soon!

Who needs official? You can join any time

The old saying "If it were not for the last second, nothing would get done" is not VOIPo. They are hard at work every day.