spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hoolahoous
join:2004-08-25
Red Valley, AZ

hoolahoous

asterisk : barge in a conversation

I am using Freepbx 2.4 and asterisk 1.4.9.1.
I am looking for a way to barge in a conversation. I discovered that if I use 555 then I can listen on the conversation and 888 is 'supposed' to allow me to barge in. However when I press 888 it asks me the channel number. Now what the hack is channel number and how do I find it out ? I am 100% SIP (and occassionaly IAX) only. No zap or any telephony cards etc.
(My installation is very low traffic. Max there will be 2 simultaneous conversations so even if I have to enumerate and choose from list over phone that is fine.)
555 works fine (chan_spy). It just picks up the first conversation and allows me to listen. I am hoping there is a way to get 888 to work too.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by hoolahoous:

Now what the hack is channel number and how do I find it out ?
Under asterisk CLI (sorry, I just don't know GUI), if you execute sip show channels while your asterisk is serving a call, you should be able to see which channel(s) is being served.
hoolahoous
Red Valley, AZ

hoolahoous

thanks but I don't recall seeing anything like 'channel number'..
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to hoolahoous

Premium Member

to hoolahoous
said by hoolahoous:

I am looking for a way to barge in a conversation.
I re-read your post the 2nd time and realized the channel you're actually looking for is related to a ZAP/channel. I believe this channel is specified on /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf file. These are just my wild guesses since my asterisk system doesn't use any ZAPTel packages.
hoolahoous
Red Valley, AZ

hoolahoous

i thought zapata.conf was used for interacting with telephony cards.. I am using just SIP/IAX. It would be very lame of asterisk if I can listen on a conversation but not able to join conversation.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by hoolahoous:

i thought zapata.conf was used for interacting with telephony cards..
I thought that would be taken care by /etc/zaptel.conf file. In either case, the ZAP/channel is specified on one of those two files and I believe it is /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf file. If your system has a zaptel package install, you can check it out these two files. My asterisk-1.4.19.1 runs on my LaFonera WiFi router and it has limited Flash space with no PCI card to support zaptel package.