share rss forum feed

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium
join:2004-07-08
united state

unbelievable

Bandwidth Caps are "Bad" for the consumer

this is just another way for Comcast to "squeeze" more money out of people...thats it, nothing more

Im on AT&T right now, and we have none of this crap, and probably won't as AT&T will probably just up their price, and besides when AT&T posts record profits because all the Comcast folks bailed to AT&T over this...maybe ComCast will rethink their position....

all this consists of is another "ploy" to force the customer to pay for such things as IPTV, VIOP and all that other stuff the Internet was never inteded for...i don't use VOIP or IPTV...why should I have to pay for others that do?

all this leads to is consumers paying higher prices..Internet has been unlimited since this started, and should stay that way. Bandwidth don't cost jack...these companies have more than enough money tp up their infrastructure if they need to...

I personally say if Comcast does indeed do this, when you receive the letter, everyone should bail...people should cancel in droves

if Comcast loses about 25 million subscribers in 1 month, they will change their tune real quick...the customer can speak in a very loud voice in this country if they want to

look at the price of milk and gas...give me a break..the American people don't need this garbage from comcast or any other ISP...

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by Woody79_00:

Bandwidth Caps are "Bad" for the consumer

this is just another way for Comcast to "squeeze" more money out of people...thats it, nothing more

Im on AT&T right now, and we have none of this crap, and probably won't as AT&T will probably just up their price, and besides when AT&T posts record profits because all the Comcast folks bailed to AT&T over this...maybe ComCast will rethink their position....

all this consists of is another "ploy" to force the customer to pay for such things as IPTV, VIOP and all that other stuff the Internet was never inteded for...i don't use VOIP or IPTV...why should I have to pay for others that do?
Please refrain from posting about things you have no clue about. VoIP doesn't use much bandwidth. IPTV would be at&t has has NOTHING to do with comcast.

YOU aren't paying for anyone's anything. If you are only browsing the web and not using any of these other things there is ZERO way you would use 250 GB, so what is your issue?

Bandwidth don't cost jack..
Spoken like someone who knows nothing about what he speaks. yes it's free. I comes from magic fairies.

I personally say if Comcast does indeed do this, when you receive the letter, everyone should bail...people should cancel in droves

if Comcast loses about 25 million subscribers in 1 month, they will change their tune real quick...the customer can speak in a very loud voice in this country if they want to
yes yes. Um... many have ZERO other choice for broadband. What are they going to do go with dial-up? If someone lives in an area that has FiOS why are they even with Comcast in the first place? besides if 99.99% of ther cusotmers don't go over 250 Gb why should they leave? they aren't being affected by this. Heavy users that decide to bolt? Well that's what Comcast wants. It's good for everyone else if they do.

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium
join:2004-07-08
united state

Bandwidth doesn't cost as much as these companies want you to believe...trust me

please allow me to "enlighten you" take American Steel for exmaple...want to know why it failed? because instead of American Steel companies "investing" 35-50% of their profits "back" into their companies to upgrade their equipment so they could continue to "compete" they "pocketed" that money and was still using steel refining equipment from the 1960's in their plants, while Japan, Germany and other countries "invest" the proper amount of money back into their compnaies...

this is no different with Comcast or any other, "if" Comcast would "invest" ATLEAST 40% of their revenues to upgrading their infrastructure like the laws of practical business call for, instead of pocketing all the money to their shareholder and not upgrading their infastructure, we wouldn't be having this discussion as bandwidth would be irrelevant

this is the "exact" reason our Cellular networks are "way behind" Asia

This is the reason many things are "way behind" in the USa...greed...pocketing money that should be invested in their business...and you wonder why so many American businesses have been taken overseas, or bought out by foreign countries..."Business Mismanagement of funds" plain and simple

Comcast is guilty of this, and so is AT&T to an extent

where i live at in Ohio, I haven't seen a Comcast Truck working or puting up any new lines or replacing any new lines in this area in 10 years..thats right 10 freakin years!

only 3MB is the max speed you can get here because Comcast won't invest...there are many other placers too...and their is about i'd say 500 to 750,000 people in this area..why won;'t they upgrade? more than enough business..answer? they want to "squeeze" every last life out of 3 mb

AT&T just last year rewired my entire block and even offered to do my house for a very small fee which i gladly accepted....why can AT&T upgrade but Comcast won't?

AT&T is gonna crush Comcast out of the market soon enough, you watch and see, and rightly so...AT&T is going to make Satelite Internet Very afffordable for people in the near future, FIOS is being layed, yet the U-Verse Package is good enough to compte and will deliver all a person "needs" not what they want

Comcast DOCIS is just a "band-aid" why won't they lay true fiber like Verison and AT&T are? because they are trying to squeeze

also when Analog shutdown is complete in 2009, Satellite providors will have the ability to offer local channells and many will bail on the monoply Comcast has in some areas in favor of a satelite of their choice..not to mention AT&T U-verse TV, internet, etc...Comcast is about to lose their position in the next few years

and its "their own fault" for not investing their money wisely, and squeezing and putting the screws to their customers

If i was a comcast customer, i would start canvasing the neighborhood, heck even the state, going door to door, telling people about this absurd practice they want to start, most people don't read the fine print, once its read to them, they will say "I don't think so" i bet i could get 60-70% of them to bail...then what? look at all that lost revenue

this is nothing but Greed....

thankfully AT&T has said they won't be doing this, they had a survery about this and 80% of subscribers were against it and AT&T said they had no plans of implementing such a policy

i know AT&T and other ISP's are foaming at the mouth at this

see AT&T is smart, they will just add a 1.50 or 2.00 rate hike to make up the differences in bandwidth and all is good where as Comcast..hehe they just never learn...