Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to Rombus

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

said by Rombus:

Simply because they have to, TWC needs Mystro completely launched in an area before they can roll out SDV.
Are you sure about that? TW Portland has been testing and using SDV for about 4 years. They are also using a digital overlay system in my former Adelphia market and the SA boxes also have SDV...I do not *believe* there is Mystro installed on the boxes, but i could be wrong.
--
BlockNews.Net

K Patterson
Premium,MVM
join:2006-03-12
Columbus, OH
kudos:1
What they need it for is to move VOD out to the node level. That is why such features as recording from both tuners when the TV is off, saving the last hour, and the SWAP button on the remote are gone. you cannot use both tuners unless you are recording shows.

I just got back from Customer service. After 24 years, no more. Tried to cancel over the phone, but couldn't get through.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to swintec
The latest version of SARA does support SDV. I'm not sure, but whatever version of Passport that TWC has a license for, does not support SDV.

Not sure if a new version of Passport exists out there that DOES support SDV, and TWC just doesn't want to buy the upgrade or not.

Rombus
Premium
join:2007-04-11
Goodwater, AL
reply to swintec
@swintec, not entirely sure, but like Cypher pointed out SARA does not support SDV, and the version of passport we were using in NEO did not have SDV support. I just know what they have been saying to the techs as for the reasons for Mystro.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3

1 edit
But what I'm wondering is, Does Aptiv Digital have a version of Passport which DOES work with SDV?

Perhaps Aptiv wanted too much $$ for the upgrade license, so TWC figured they would move all programming in house and not have to go through a third party vendor every time there's an issue, upgrade, etc...?

I would be curious to know what is the latest build of Passport that Aptiv put out... and does it support SDV? I know the latest version of PassportDCT (For the Motorola's) is 3.0. Not sure if PassportDCT supports SDV or not. I know Gemstar purchased Aptiv Digital, and Gemstar's I-Guide A25 for Motorolas will introduce SDV support. Also Macrovision bought Gemstar, so who knows what that may bring. When I think of Macrovision, I can only think about copy protection.

mckenna797
Premium
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY
yes yes and yes, twc of nyc is now sdv and Passport works fine on my SA 8300hd-dvr

NY111024

join:2008-02-27
Astoria, NY
I live in NYC and I also used to complaint about Mystro.
But I have to point that I noticed some upgrades like.
-All OnDmenad channels load really fast.
-The time response on the TV guide on screen has improve a lot.

TWC still has to work on few bugs that Mystro has, but I think that they would fix them soon.
I love the new caller ID on screen and also the addition of the new HD channels.

PS. TWC could you add the C button on the TV Guide screen. I really miss that from passport.

http

@verizon.net
Hello, for several days, my program guide shows: no program data, is there a way to get it to update? thanks.

nitecourt

join:2004-10-19
Erie, PA
said by http :

Hello, for several days, my program guide shows: no program data, is there a way to get it to update? thanks.
When I had their box I would have to pull the power cord out of it, let it sit a minute, and then plug it back it. It was at least a weekly occurrence if not more.

http

@verizon.net
Thank you, unplugging it worked.