joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer to Hehe

to Hehe

Re: Background noise is 2-4KB/sec.

regardless of the 10GB/mo noise, you'd still have 240GB/mo.
That .1% is the tail of a bell curve that probably averages 40-50GB/mo or less. So the .1% are hogging more bandwidth than the bottom 20% or more.

Do some more math. Even if you are transferring legitimate video "family movies", this (240GB) is over 100 hours of video/ mo. (assuming a 4.3GB DVD).

Last debate on this, someone said they have software to trap multiple audio streams and were simultaneously recording 5 radio stations 24/7. huh? what's the point of that?

More math - correct me if wrong. 250GB/mo = 828KB/sec 24/7.
Is anyone's need 24/7? I never see a BT stream go much over 100KB. How many downloads would it even take to hit that 800KB constant level? This such seems to be much about nothing.

I just want to know there's a counter someplace, and an option to get an email if you break 200GB nearing mid month. Who knows if their wireless connection got hacked somehow? Or if a virus is actively running off your machine.
Joe
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by joetaxpayer:

Do some more math. Even if you are transferring legitimate video "family movies", this (240GB) is over 100 hours of video/ mo. (assuming a 4.3GB DVD).
Yeah I'm sure most people are legitimately transferring 100 hours of "family videos" every month. There's only 720 hours in a month. Who is filming 1/7 of their life?
I just want to know there's a counter someplace, and an option to get an email if you break 200GB nearing mid month. Who knows if their wireless connection got hacked somehow? Or if a virus is actively running off your machine.
Most wireless connections won't get hacked if they are actually secured. people looking to get free wi-fi aren't going to wast time hacking into a secured connection when they can easily find unsecured ones. And I'm sorry if one is too stupid to secure thier wireless connection then I'm not feeling sorry for them when they get a huge bill.

Same thing goes with a virus.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer

said by 88615298:

Yeah I'm sure most people are legitimately transferring 100 hours of "family videos" every month. There's only 720 hours in a month. Who is filming 1/7 of their life?
Well, that was exactly my point. Any legit user would be hard pressed to claim the need or the right to more than the 250GB.

If someone is running a business and needing to transfer raw video, they can ask for a different level of service.
Joe