join:2003-10-21
Long Island

1 edit

3 recommendations

sailor

Premium Member

Re: Oil Furnace not staying on and appears to be leaking

UPDATE:

Man it feels good to feel heat again as well as hot water..Damn cold here last night especially with the wind blowing like crazy...

Turns out there is sludge in the oil tank itself...Filter was clogged up so he replaced that. Oil Boiler itself was looking decent inside being that it has been a couple of years since being serviced but he gave it a tune up and good cleaning...

Recommended I have my oil delivery people add sludge treatment when they come to fill up my tank...I could also allow tank to get down to near empty and then have the tank itself cleaned out but that will be in the fall as I will need none or maybe just 1 more fuel delivery between now and the fall.

He had one of his sons with him and both he and his son were very pleasant people to talk with and to deal with..Was here approx 2 1/2 hours with the last half hour to 45 minutes we were just shooting the breeze about the heating system etc..

Did also tell me the Peerless Oil Boiler I have was installed in 1995 and it could very well last 30-40 years.

So bottom line is $173.00 and now its nice and toasty in my home once again...

Thanks for the help and suggestions and advice given..I sure appreciate it all.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

Damn, $173.00 sounds like a heckuva good deal, especially in your area.

Good boiler techs are hard to find; sounds like you have one there.