join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

2 edits

KrK

Premium Member

Oh Ouch

Damn....

Poor family.....

Comcast PR isn't getting any help from it's contractors, that's for sure...

I see a big payout in their future.... and someone else had a future behind bars.

pjhofmann
join:2000-08-22
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann

This makes me not only depressingly sad but livid beyond anything I can think of. This driver should be charged with murder if this little girl dies.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

1 recommendation

KrK

Premium Member

They will be. Or at least 1st degree manslaughter.

They had a case here where a young woman was "racing" her car on Riverside Drive.... she lost control at somewhere around 100 mph, and hit the curb, her car flipped and rolled... and went right through a group of cyclists who were biking on the trail in the park, killing one and injuring several.

Her car protected her nicely, she was fine... not so her victims. She got 15 years. Too bad.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to pjhofmann

Premium Member

to pjhofmann
said by pjhofmann:

This makes me not only depressingly sad but livid beyond anything I can think of. This driver should be charged with murder if this little girl dies.
I was going to post that, but the damn internet here at work crapped out earlier
xxTRAGEDYxx
join:2008-03-14
Kannapolis, NC

xxTRAGEDYxx to pjhofmann

to pjhofmann
said by pjhofmann:

DAMN RIGHT!!! I have a 7 month old daughter and if this happened to us, Comcast would be our last name!!! Seriously, the TWO guys driving the vans should be charged with murder if she dies, and if she doesn't, they should still spend 10yrs. minimum in prision!!!

BSD24
Tier 4
Premium Member
join:2008-04-30
Middleboro, MA

BSD24

Premium Member

said by xxTRAGEDYxx:

said by pjhofmann:

DAMN RIGHT!!! I have a 7 month old daughter and if this happened to us, Comcast would be our last name!!! Seriously, the TWO guys driving the vans should be charged with murder if she dies, and if she doesn't, they should still spend 10yrs. minimum in prision!!!
Unfortunatly you wouldn't sue Comcast, you would sue the Driver and hopefully be able to sue the Contracting Company hired by Comcast. Comcast hires them as independant contractors to prevent liability, so you would not be able to blame or sue Comcast for this. But the Contracting Companies who did the hiring of these contractors probably could and will be sued, they have money too don't forget!

supergirl
join:2007-03-20
Pensacola, FL

3 recommendations

supergirl to KrK

to KrK
TIME Magazine - Employees Racing in Comcast Vans Hit Young Girl!

Two dipsh@ts in Huntsville, Alabama (Yes, they have Cable) were racing their smooth hotrod Comcast Vans and struck a kid. Comcast CEO Brian Roberts said, "They're will be an internal investigation into this horrible tragedy; the two vans were carrying expensive Comcast equipment AND THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! And, from our understanding, the kid had no business in the middle of the road but we will pay for the stupid idiot's medical bills as long as the kid's family subscribes to the Comcast Tripe Play. Only $99 in most markets by they way. Certain exclusions apply."

Huntsville Police Chief Bert "Dick" Brannon said the two Comcast guys were arrested and charged with several crimes he couldn't remember. He said, "Those Bo and Luke boys need to stop thinking their shenanigans will impress Jessica Simpson. If, or actually when they are found guilty by the judge that comes once a year, they'll be hanged by the Klan. In the GREAT STATE OF ALABAMA, we don't tolerate speed racing of any kind. I'm just glad it wasn't an, uh, African-American kid since we don't need no more of Jesse Jackson down here startin' trouble."

The police chief is currently under investigation for investing in a brothel. The local prosecutor was unavailable for comment his spokeswoman said. "He's meeting some lawyers at Hooters he said."

Bill O'Reilly, the indignant jerk host of the "Factor", will be doing a special report tomorrow on that ridiculous right-wing propaganda network FoxNews.

NASCAR said they wouldn't be dropping Comcast as a sponsor but may look into it. "The fans should decide."

-Joe Klein (Time Magazine)

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to BSD24

to BSD24
They usually sue anyone and everyone and then go for the deepest pockets.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK to xxTRAGEDYxx

Premium Member

to xxTRAGEDYxx
Comcast equipment, and apparently these were actual Comcast employees, not merely contractors.

So even though Comcast isn't responsible for the outcome, they are liable for ... everything.

N10Cities
Premium Member
join:2002-05-07

4 edits

N10Cities to supergirl

Premium Member

to supergirl
Nice dig at the State of Alabama. I guess I need to buy a membership on here so I can add you to my ignore list.

NYR 56
Premium Member
join:2000-12-05
Smithtown, NY

1 recommendation

NYR 56

Premium Member

said by N10Cities:

Nice dig at the State of Alabama. I guess I need to buy a membership on here so I can add you to my ignore list.
That was hilarious. Get a grip and drop the PC BS.

BTW, racing? They were going 75 in a 50. Maybe that is racing for AL but that sounds pretty standard for any state I drive in.

N10Cities
Premium Member
join:2002-05-07
Asus RT-AC87

4 edits

1 recommendation

N10Cities

Premium Member

said by NYR 56:

said by N10Cities:

BTW, racing? They were going 75 in a 50. Maybe that is racing for AL but that sounds pretty standard for any state I drive in.
No, I'm not being PC. Supergirl was making a stereotype remark that barely had anything to do with the subject at hand. She (he?) should stay on topic.

BSD24
Tier 4
Premium Member
join:2008-04-30
Middleboro, MA

1 edit

BSD24 to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
said by KrK:

Comcast equipment, and apparently these were actual Comcast employees, not merely contractors.

So even though Comcast isn't responsible for the outcome, they are liable for ... everything.
No one knows whether they really are contractors or in-house technicians. Both are refered to by Comcast Corp. as employees when it comes down to it. Can anyone get a picture of the vans??? Contractors will have such designated on the side/back.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK to NYR 56

Premium Member

to NYR 56
said by NYR 56:

BTW, racing? They were going 75 in a 50.
Where did you read that?

NYR 56
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

NYR 56

Premium Member

In both of the articles? (It was the estimated speed.)
Jito463
join:2008-05-09

Jito463 to supergirl

to supergirl
Wow. I feel stupider just for reading that. I think that was most idiotic post I've read on this site to date.

tim
Premium Member
join:2005-06-07
Conroe, TX

tim to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
said by KrK:

This goes to prove that Contractors aren't the only ones who cause problems...

Also: contractors aren't ALL bad... there are a few companies here in Chicago that are pretty good.
degauss1
join:2001-07-02
Hillsboro, OR

1 recommendation

degauss1 to N10Cities

to N10Cities
Yes, it's sad a child was injured. Yes, they should and likely will be dealt with.

However, it was on topic and hilarious. It was parody and sarcasm. If Leno or Conan read that fake article durring a monologue the audience would be rolling. Some people are just WAY too sensitive these days and that's an even larger issue than someone having a sense of humor.

supergirl
Pensacola, FL

supergirl to N10Cities

to N10Cities
said by N10Cities:

It is a parody! I took a shoot at Comcast (Karl loves that), CEO Brian Roberts, and poor Alabama.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to Jito463

Premium Member

to Jito463
said by Jito463:

Wow. I feel stupider just for reading that. I think that was most idiotic post I've read on this site to date.
It happens quite alot with her/him/it
Cheese

Cheese to supergirl

Premium Member

to supergirl
said by supergirl:

said by N10Cities:

It is a parody! I took a shoot at Comcast (Karl loves that), CEO Brian Roberts, and poor Alabama.
So racism is a parody?

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool to supergirl

Premium Member

to supergirl
said by supergirl:
said by N10Cities:

Im sure the little girl and her parents would appreciate your attempts at passing time at their expense. I hope Karl got a kick out of it as well.

NYR 56
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

1 recommendation

NYR 56

Premium Member

I'm sure they will really care what someone posted online instead of caring about taking care of their daughter. Is our country so caught up in political correctness and sensitivity that we cannot laugh anymore?

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool

Premium Member

It depends on what we are laughing at and at whose expense.

Karma is a bitch. Im as politically incorrect as the next guy but I do not see making a joke out of someones daughter getting hit by a van speeding at 75MPH as "politicaly incorrect"
I see it as callus, thoughtless and self centerd. But then again, isnt that what the internet if for?

My values follow me on-line as well as my personal life. Im the same person regardless.

Did you really read the article and think "Now who can make me laugh about this!!! I cant wait for the fun to ensue!!"

supergirl
Pensacola, FL

supergirl to N10Cities

to N10Cities
said by N10Cities:
said by NYR 56:
said by N10Cities:

No, I'm not being PC. Supergirl was making a stereotype remark that barely had anything to do with the subject at hand. She (he?) should stay on topic.
I'm a She hence the name "Supergirl."