share rss forum feed

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

USPS missed delivery question

Ok I got one of those slips however the very next day (today) I have another item that is going to be delivered would they bring along the item that was not delivered or do I still have to go to the post office and pick that up?

it's funny the slip says sign here for redeliver but they never redeliver.

pippopoo

@rr.com

depends on who works at your local usps

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to Subaru

In my experience, they usually attempt to redeliver for a few days. You should get one of those slips each time if you are not there to receive it. I think after three days it gets returned to sender. So yes they should have it on the truck for redelivery today. The only reason I knew that was because I went to go pick up a package one day during the day and they told me it was on the truck and that I would either have to wait till the driver gets back or try and catch him at home (which I had already missed again by going to get it at the PO). At least I live right near the PO (walking distance really) so the driver wasn't out very late and was able to go back up there later in the day and get it. I'd hate to think if the driver was out till late at night doing deliveries, you'd be stuck trying to catch him because you couldn't pick it up at the PO.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by JoelC707:

In my experience, they usually attempt to redeliver for a few days. You should get one of those slips each time if you are not there to receive it. I think after three days it gets returned to sender. So yes they should have it on the truck for redelivery today. The only reason I knew that was because I went to go pick up a package one day during the day and they told me it was on the truck and that I would either have to wait till the driver gets back or try and catch him at home (which I had already missed again by going to get it at the PO). At least I live right near the PO (walking distance really) so the driver wasn't out very late and was able to go back up there later in the day and get it. I'd hate to think if the driver was out till late at night doing deliveries, you'd be stuck trying to catch him because you couldn't pick it up at the PO.
On here it says pick up on 5/15/08 after 8:30Am and it gives the location of the post office.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

Check out my Gallery!
»/pics/dimaging/400265

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Subaru:

On here it says pick up on 5/15/08 after 8:30Am and it gives the location of the post office.
Then it sounds like it is at that location after 830 AM, today.
--
BlockNews.Net

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by swintec:

said by Subaru:

it would make more since to bring the other item along as well.. but we will see.. waiting for 4 packages today

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Subaru:

said by swintec:

said by Subaru:

it would make more since to bring the other item along as well.. but we will see.. waiting for 4 packages today
My post office has never brought the item along again on the days after the first attempt. If you received the notice that I think you did, there is a spot for them to fill in if they are going to try and re-deliver. Since they filled in the one saying you must pick it up, theres a good chance they arent going to bring it along again.
--
BlockNews.Net

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

talk about lazy never rang the door bell and now I'm without my laptop today and I have to wait ALL THE WAY until tomorrow just to pick it up.

I doubt the USPS will side with me they seem pretty strict about having to wait the next day but the fact now that I have two slips one from yesterday and today now is not good.

ToxicDrew
Premium
join:2001-09-24

said by Subaru:

talk about lazy never rang the door bell and now I'm without my laptop today and I have to wait ALL THE WAY until tomorrow just to pick it up.

I doubt the USPS will side with me they seem pretty strict about having to wait the next day but the fact now that I have two slips one from yesterday and today now is not good.
You can request redelivery for the following day online! »redelivery.usps.com/duns/Redelivery.jsp
--
dream your dreams with open eyes and make them come true...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

sweet that redelivery thing worked! I picked pick up and it never said for tomorrow so I figured I could pick it up today so I got both packages..

Now on the otherside UPS decided they wanted to do the same to me today... I hear the reasons why drivers never leave any infonotices on the doors at work most are just lazy :-/

but thanks again for the link! saved my butt! tomorrow going to get dumped with 7 packages being delivered.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

Check out my Gallery!
»/pics/dimaging/400265

ToxicDrew
Premium

said by Subaru:

sweet that redelivery thing worked! I picked pick up and it never said for tomorrow so I figured I could pick it up today so I got both packages..

Now on the otherside UPS decided they wanted to do the same to me today... I hear the reasons why drivers never leave any infonotices on the doors at work most are just lazy :-/

but thanks again for the link! saved my butt! tomorrow going to get dumped with 7 packages being delivered.
No problem Where I live they never attempt delivery even though it is a safe area, instead they automatically leave a sorry we missed you notice and I have to request that they bring the package the following day.
--

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

I miss my condo they would just leave the package at the door it was fine with me since the person beside me had a fence that blocked all the packages from view.

ToxicDrew
Premium

My old carrier would always attempt delivery, and if it was a small enough package she would leave it between my screen door. The new OLD mailman never brings the packages with him
--

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

wow that sucks Good thing the post office is only like a 10-15 min walk from home

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to Subaru

If the post office leaves a notice, they aren't going to re-deliver it. Why ? It's sitting at the post office waiting for you to come pick it up now...

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

1 recommendation

reply to Subaru

Country livin' = our USPS route driver puts even large parcel post packages into plastic bags, and leaves them on the back step

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

question if someone is shipping me something 36 miles away will it still take two days to get it?

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Subaru:

question if someone is shipping me something 36 miles away will it still take two days to get it?
In-State mail here in Maine takes no more than one day to reach its destination.
--
BlockNews.Net

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

well not in state its coming from new york.

Willy Gettit

@unsubcentral.com
reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

Since you haven't seen fit to tell us what class of mail was used, we'll just have to assume you're talking about something mailed First Class.

And if that's the case, the answer is a definite "very likely." Though you're certainly welcome to surprise us by telling us that you did get it the next day.

Even the USPS's so-called Priority Mail is done on a "best effort" basis and is not guaranteed to reach its destination in three days. So if you happen to get it overnight without specifically paying for overnight service, I'd count it as an enormous stroke of good luck.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

well mr. anon "willy Gettit" if the seller on ebay told me which service type I would of had a better idea.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

turns out he shipped it UPS which I was not expecting which caused a missed delivery.. Good thing I can pick that up at any time.. IF he would of told me I would of pulled it off before it was put in the truck.