spc
uniqs
bhodges
join:2001-12-21
Thomson, GA

bhodges

Re: 3220H Static IPs with Static Routes Config

Ok, a little more info.

All pcs must have private IP which is either static or DHCP from a NT4 server here.

All pcs must have internet access.

Two pcs must have a static public IP routed to their static Private IP. (IP Map)

The main problem I guess is how will the private network be able to see the Lan Ip on the router if it's on a 65.x.x.x and the private net is 10.x.x.x

fuzz
Fuzz
Premium Member
join:2000-06-05
FuzzLand

fuzz

Premium Member

Is this the physical layout of your network?

leevis
Growing Older But Not Up

join:2000-10-28
Pascagoula, MS

leevis to bhodges

to bhodges
Ahh...didn't realize that was you...Ok, I think I see what you are trying to do. It might be possible with the latest version of the Cayman firmware. Keeping in mind how BellSouth handles the 5 static IP's (which is different than most ISP's) here's how I'd set it up:

1. Configure your VCC1 as per usual (PPPoE or PPPoA, VPI/VCI of 8/35, NAT enabled, etc.).

2. This is where we'll vary from the BellSouth procedure. Give the LAN side of the Cayman a private IP address (if you are using 10.0.0.x, that's the subnet you'd use an address from).

3. For your PC's that must be static, assign each a private IP address in the subnet you used in step 2 above. Set the DNS server and Gateway address on each to the LAN IP address of the Cayman (see step 2 above again). Your PC's that get dynamically assigned IP's should receive an IP in this subnet as well and their gateway and DNS addresses should be the Caymans LAN address.

4. Using the IPMapping feature in the new Cayman firmware, create an entry for each static PC that maps their private LAN IP address to the static WAN IP you want to use.

That should do it. Maybe

Edit: Then again, it might not be possible at all. Seems like I remember reading that with the Cayman implementation of IPMapping, the Static Mapped IP addresses must be in the same subnet as the WAN IP address that is used by NAT. With BellSouth, it will NOT be the same...

Lee