All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lliguyrob
join:2008-05-06
Oceanside, NY

lliguyrob

Can I Connect a Pinnacle Showcenter to the Fios HD set top?

I have a Pinnacle Showcenter which I connect from a Lan port on my router to an ethernet connection on the Showcenter which is then connected to my TV with component cables.
I never had a problem using it with my Linksys router but the Actiontec router causes alot of connection problems if it will connect at all.
So I was thinking that maybe I could connect the Showcenter from a Lan port on the router to the Ethernet connection on the Fios TV box.But wouth the Fios box recognize it and the media server?
If not any suggestions as to how to get the Actionec to better recognize the Showcenter?
M509272
join:2002-08-07
Carlstadt, NJ

M509272

Please be more descriptive about the "connection problems". Are you connected and it's choppy? Are you connected and it just drops? etc.... What are you using to serve the shows up to the Showcenter? Their software or something else? How/where is the PC connected?
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to lliguyrob

to lliguyrob
To answer your question, you cannot connect it via ethernet to the STB -- well I guess you could, but it would not get it on your network

As for other suggestions, I'll have to pass that on to another poster.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to lliguyrob

Premium Member

to lliguyrob
said by lliguyrob:

If not any suggestions as to how to get the Actionec to better recognize the Showcenter?
I only skimmed this but it might be worth going through: »pinnacle.custhelp.com/cg ··· id=12665

Otherwise, contact Pinnacle support and find out which ports need to be open on the Actiontec. I was able to get my Pinnacle PCTV To Go Wireless HD device working without making any changes to the Actiontec...
lliguyrob
join:2008-05-06
Oceanside, NY

lliguyrob

Hey thanks guys....i have it working....It was a security issue but its working great now.