spc
Search similar:

uniqs
patmac
join:2007-01-10

patmac

STB Remote Code for Insignia TV

Hi,
We have an inexpensive Insignia TV and the STB remote does not work with it. We've tried the given code ( 0198 ) and the method of going through all 300 codes, but neither works. The tech that just did the install from our Double to Triple play said he too has an Insignia that he couldn't get the STB Remote to work with.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your time,
patmac

NJHK
join:2008-05-15
Linden, NJ

NJHK

You can search for the code

Hold TV first and then the OK button at the same time, let go of both and wait for the top row to blink. After it blinks press "9-7-7". Then press the play button once.

Now you're going to press the fast forward button (>>) slowly, so press once, let go...press once, let go. Do that until your TV set shuts off. If your TV turns off, STOP! Then press OK to store the TV Code.

I'd keep pressing Fast Forward maybe like 20 times or so. I can't remember how many times you do it before it starts from the beginning again.

Now note that Verizon doesn't gaurantee that they'll have a code for every TV set but thats basically your last shot. This is also the code if you have a Phillips remote (the one where it has the "Fios TV" button in the middle of it).

Good luck.
Light Guy
join:2006-05-12
Somerville, NJ

Light Guy to patmac

to patmac
It sounds like you have the latest remote with the - between the play and the pause button. So if none of the 300 or so codes worked using the 922 search, you still have the option to control the volume on the STB with the remote.

Follow the instructions under The Volume Keys with a slight modification. Press OK or STB instead of AUX. This will allow you to leave the TV on a fixed volume and control the STB volume.
NJHK
Linden, NJ

NJHK

Are you sure it's 9-2-2? I'm not at work so I can't confirm. I thought it was 9-7-7
Light Guy
join:2006-05-12
Somerville, NJ

Light Guy

Yes it is 9-2-2, and there are now over 300 possibilities.

9-7-7 is used to turn on and off multiple devices using the Power button. The latest remotes are defaulted to turn on/off the STB only.

User Guides for all Verizon Remotes are available here: »www22.verizon.com/Reside ··· etUp.htm
NJHK
Linden, NJ

NJHK

Ok. I typically look at something at work. Out of all the things to remember, its easy to mix up 9-2-2 and 9-7-7 lol

Thanks for clarifying

txanon
@verizon.net

txanon to patmac

Anon

to patmac
I have an Insignia tv and it has a great picture. I use the Sansui code 0490 on the Verizon remote and it works for me.