join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

1 edit

DaveDude to kapil

to kapil

Re: Bingo.

said by kapil:
said by DaveDude:

See SS, and medicare, 2 great examples of why the government should keep it hands out things.
Actually, those are two of the better managed and efficient government programs with much less waste than would be expected of any program that size.

The problem with both programs is that, again, the "no taxes" idiots have refused to fund the progams at levels need to sustain them and keep them viable for future generations.

All while the 30 years of conservative government has raided the trust fund to make up for its inept policies and revenue shortfall.

Can we say burning the candle at both ends? You take the money that's already there and refuse to fund it as needed...and then point at it as an example of bad governance. Do us all a favor...don't reproduce.
No... the government borrowed money from SS, and use it elsewhere, hence the "lock box". So the current Gen X, Y will be funding the largest amount of retired people ever. So the government never SAVED those funds, and used them for something else. Did you noticed what happened since Congress is now Liberal ruled, Gas prices rose, and house fallout. All because of liberal policy. Where the 30 yrs of conservative leadership is coming from i dont know. I guess there has never been a liberal in government.

kapil
The Kapil
join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

kapil

said by DaveDude:

[Did you noticed what happened since Congress is now Liberal ruled, Gas prices rose, and house fallout. All because of liberal policy. Where the 30 yrs of conservative leadership is coming from i dont know. I guess there has never been a liberal in government.
LOL. Nice try. The gas prices are the result of not having a coherent energy policy through successive administrations...both Democratic and Republican. At least one of the parties *tries* to do something about it other than drilling more holes looking for oil.

The "house fallout" was due to a hands-off free-market-trumps-all style of governance practiced by the current President.

Had we regulated banks and industry instead of choking the regulatory authority vested in the various agencies we'd be much better off today.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

2 edits

Dogfather

Premium Member

No it's not.

Gas prices are result of green policies stopping domestic exploration and forcing us to rely on foreign sources of oil.

Domestic production is down 45% from the 1980's.

And while countries like France have built nuclear powerplants for plentiful clean-air energy Congress and every administration for the last 2 decades have sat on their hands bowing to the environmental wacko left.

And the housing problem is caused by people buying more house than they could afford as much as banks gambling by loaning them the money.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

said by Dogfather:

No it's not.

Gas prices are result of green policies stopping domestic exploration and forcing us to rely on foreign sources of oil.

And while countries like France have built nuclear powerplants for plentiful clean-air energy Congress and every administration for the last 2 decades have sat on their hands bowing to the environmental wacko left.

And the housing problem is caused by people buying more house than they could afford.
We're running out of oil. We can either replace oil with something more renewable or keep digging ourselves deeper...both literally and metaphorically. One party wants to keep digging and the other wants to invest in something that is a little less bloody.

Yes, many people bought homes they could not afford...but many more lenders prayed on those people. Again, plenty of blame to go around. Including some for our education system that can't seem to teach basic financial literacy to our youth.

There's a reason the Koreans, the Chinese and the Indians are stuffing our dollars in their collective pockets while we're in debt to our eyeballs.

Dogfather
Premium Member
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather

Premium Member

We aren't running out of oil. There is plenty to be gotten, the gov't is just stopping us from getting it.

The gulf of Mexico for example; while American companies are prohibited from exploration, Mexico and the Chinese are having a field day.

You have on the right an Administration who refused to utter the word conservation and alternative energy while the left refuses to allow more exploration as a bridge between here and the future.

Meanwhile gas will be $5/gal by the end of summer with that money going to terrorist states hell bent on killing us all.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

By many definitions, we would qualify as a terrorist state.

Oil is not "plenty to be gotten". Read the annual reports of any big old company...they're spending more on exploration in more remote places and getting less oil out. We're running out. End of story.

Gas needs to cost much more than $5 ...apparently that's what it will take to convince some of you fools.

DaveDude
No Fear
New Jersey

1 edit

DaveDude

said by kapil:

By many definitions, we would qualify as a terrorist state.

Oil is not "plenty to be gotten". Read the annual reports of any big old company...they're spending more on exploration in more remote places and getting less oil out. We're running out. End of story.

Gas needs to cost much more than $5 ...apparently that's what it will take to convince some of you fools.
Why are Oil companies profits. different then windfall taxes ?
Lets see it took 1000 of hours of research to get the oil, that you need. The government signs into law a tax increase. Maybe you need to read something about oil availability, and the fact liberals will stop at nothing to prevent us from getting it . BTW under Pa is 1000 years of naturnal gas estimated, did you hear they can make electricity from natural gas ??

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

said by DaveDude:

BTW under Pa is 1000 years of naturnal gas estimated, did you hear they can make electricity from natural gas ??
Really? And my mom said that if I leave my tooth under my bed, a fairy will turn it into money!

Dogfather
Premium Member
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather to kapil

Premium Member

to kapil
They're having to go to remote places because dumbass liberal asswipes and jerkoffs like Jeb and Ahnauld won't let them explore here where it would be dirt cheap and safe.

So we instead pay $5 a gallon and waste billions on idiotic programs like solar and wind which will NEVER deliver the energy required to maintain economic growth.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

Oh I know...you're one of 26% who still think Bush is doing a good job. Aaah. Why didn't you say so? We could have avoided this whole debate.
kapil

kapil

said by Dogfather:

Bush is an asswipe as are the leftist jerkoffs that see 100% taxation as the answer to every problem.
I agree. Except Bush wants to tax and give the money to rich people and the leftist jerkoffs want you and me to have better schools, free health care, good roads. I like the leftist jerkoffs much more than I like the asswipe.

Dogfather
Premium Member
Laguna Hills, CA

1 edit

Dogfather

Premium Member

Leftist jerks offs couldn't care less about "you and me" except for how much money they can steal from us.

The left and right are both equally corrupt and are ONLY interested in money and power.

Both parties need to die painfully along with their special interest puppetmasters.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

said by Dogfather:

Leftist jerks offs couldn't care less about "you and me" except for how much money they can steal from us.

The left and right are both equally corrupt and are ONLY interested in money and power.

Both parties need to die painfully along with their special interest puppetmasters.
Being cynical and questioning conventional wisdom is good and healthy. Being a paranoid is....not.

Yes, there is lots of corruption but that changes as soon as we demand that those amongst us who are best able to leads step up and do so, and in the process, get rid of the oafs currently in power.

...and nobody needs to die for that to happen.
kapil

kapil to Dogfather

to Dogfather
said by Dogfather:

dumbass liberal asswipes and jerkoffs like Jeb and Ahnauld
Both are quite Republican and NOT "liberal". Although Arnold tries

DaveDude
No Fear
New Jersey

DaveDude to kapil

to kapil
said by kapil:
said by Dogfather:

No it's not.

And the housing problem is caused by people buying more house than they could afford.
We're running out of oil. We can either replace oil with something more renewable or keep digging ourselves deeper...both literally and metaphorically. One party wants to keep digging and the other wants to invest in something that is a little less bloody.

Oh Ethanol, So staving the poor and escalation of food prices is the answer. And Ethanol is more polluting. Every liberal idea is a failure. BTW it was a business that sold you that Pius, i mean Prius.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

Ethanol is not the answer. At least not the entire answer. It's a step. And the reason we make ethanol from corn is because the farmers get mad if we don't. There are too many competing interests, and no one is looking out for the common good.

Dogfather
Premium Member
Laguna Hills, CA

4 edits

Dogfather

Premium Member

From someone who obviously has ZERO clue about Ethanol.

Ethanol is hydrophilic and for that reason will never be viable.

And who gives a crap if farmers get mad.

DaveDude
No Fear
New Jersey

DaveDude to kapil

to kapil
said by kapil:
said by DaveDude:

[Did you noticed what happened since Congress is now Liberal ruled, Gas prices rose, and house fallout. All because of liberal policy. Where the 30 yrs of conservative leadership is coming from i dont know. I guess there has never been a liberal in government.
LOL. Nice try. The gas prices are the result of not having a coherent energy policy through successive administrations...both Democratic and Republican. At least one of the parties *tries* to do something about it other than drilling more holes looking for oil.

The "house fallout" was due to a hands-off free-market-trumps-all style of governance practiced by the current President.

Had we regulated banks and industry instead of choking the regulatory authority vested in the various agencies we'd be much better off today.
No the problem democrats saying we cant build new power plants, drill in anwar, etc etc. There against nuclear, coal, gas refinaries. There hasnt been a new refinary in 30 years. Because Greens protest.

The housing crisis is because banks HAD TO lend to people, there werent permitted to ask certain questions. Another liberal policy.

Liberals are against energy independence, and letting banks decide who is a good loan or not. Why would a bank waste its time with foreclosures it costs them money... duh...

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

said by DaveDude:

No the problem democrats saying we cant build new power plants, drill in anwar, etc etc. There against nuclear, coal, gas refinaries. There hasnt been a new refinary in 30 years. Because Greens protest.

The housing crisis is because banks HAD TO lend to people, there werent permitted to ask certain questions. Another liberal policy.

Liberals are against energy independence, and letting banks decide who is a good loan or not. Why would a bank waste its time with foreclosures it costs them money... duh...
Nuclear plants, digging for oil and coal is bad for the planet. We understand that some of you fools don't understand the concept of not hacking off your own legs while chopping firewood...but thankfully most of us do.

We need a clean and renewable source of energy. Oil, Atoms and Coal don't meet that standard.

And I won't even bother with the bank thing...you have no clue what you're talking about. If you're going to parrot talking points and sensational media stories, at least try to make it sound convincing...no one is fooled by your feeble attempts to cover up the utter incompetence of the current administration.

DaveDude
No Fear
New Jersey

DaveDude

said by kapil:
said by DaveDude:

Nuclear plants, digging for oil and coal is bad for the planet. We understand that some of you fools don't understand the concept of not hacking off your own legs while chopping firewood...but thankfully most of us do.

We need a clean and renewable source of energy. Oil, Atoms and Coal don't meet that standard.

And I won't even bother with the bank thing...you have no clue what you're talking about. If you're going to parrot talking points and sensational media stories, at least try to make it sound convincing...no one is fooled by your feeble attempts to cover up the utter incompetence of the current administration.
So what is the answer ? Liberals dont seem to have one, but there against any type of new energy plants. California is the best example they refuse any new energy plants. Yet have rolling blackouts every summer. Thats been the liberals answer. No new plants, exploration. But we dont have an answer, but you cant build. I guess its the liberal policies that have gotten us here.

Dogfather
Premium Member
Laguna Hills, CA

4 edits

Dogfather

Premium Member

Yep, Sacramento Democrats killed a bill in committee last month that would have lifted the 30 year ban on new nuke plants, the best solution for reliable and realisic clean-air electricity. I live fairly close to the 2.2 gigawatt San Onofre plant (aka the Dolly Parton Memorial)and get over 20% of my business energy (from Edison) from it. I'm not sure how much I get from it at home with San Diego Gas & Electric but I imagine it's close to the same since SoCal Edison and SDG&E both own it. It's great. Because of it, less than 9% of my power comes from coal and over 90% comes from clean-air sources.

Countries like France wised up long ago, actually have a REALISTIC energy policy and have been using nuclear power for years and years. More than 3/4 of their electricity generation comes from nuclear power and they're the WORLD'S LARGEST net exporter of electricity because they generate it so cleaply. France nets 3 billion EUR a year from those electricity sales.

Meanwhile, smelly California hippies who would otherwise die for France decry nuclear power as the spawn of Satan so we're left paying 30 cents per kWh because natural gas is so expensive and solar and wind are a complete joke.

And while the smelly hippies continue to run California into the ground, the House passed legislation allowing the DOJ to sue the OPEC members for antitrust violations but of course dumbass Bush will veto it.

a333
A hot cup of integrals please
join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY

a333

I hate to bring it up, but were you aware that France's nuclear program has questionable ways in which it disposes of used reactor fuel? As a matter of fact, the level of pollution dumped by France into the English channel every year would be outright illegal here in the US.

Dogfather
Premium Member
Laguna Hills, CA

4 edits

Dogfather

Premium Member

There is nothing questionable about it other than leftists scare mongering. Low level waste from reprocessing is routinely discharged into the sea and the radiation dose is similar to natural background radiation. It would be illegal in the US because we have even stricter standards requiring the discharge to be only a fraction of background radiation. Here in SoCal, the system is closed and ocean water is only used to cool the reactor and the discharge system, kelp farm and artificial reef were designed to have minimum impact on the environment.

Meanwhile using more advanced fuels and reprocessing (since 90% of the waste is good uranium that can be used again) more and more reduces the amount of waste requiring storage. And while the left loves to tout many many tons of nuclear waste are generated by a plant, a big plant may generate 50 tons of waste a year (plants have more than 1 reactor and a typical reactor generates 20 tons). How much waste is that 50 tons actually? Amazinging, because the waste is so dense, it amounts to 2-3 cubic meters, about the size of a large executive desk. That's it, and only if it's not reprocessed and as I mentioned, 90% of the spent fuel is still useable fuel if reprocessed.

It's hot so it's stored locally while it initially decays then would be stored deep underground. So even after decades of operation a plant doesn't generate a large "volume" of waste and it's certainly not the catastrophe the radical left would have you believe it is.

Is nuclear waste something to be taken lightly? Of course not. It's dangerous if for no other reason than terrorists getting their hands on it, but nuclear power is a reliable and realistic source of clean-air energy.

If you want to get off coal, oil and natural gas, nuclear power is the only realistic alternative. Wind and solar simply aren't realistic solutions for the needs of a growing economy. Wind kills birds and wind and solar farms take thousands of acres to generate any appreciable amount of energy.

Good solar thermal arrays for example take 5 acres to generate a single megawatt. The brand new one in California that will be finished in 2011, by far the largest at 640 acres does only 80 megawatts...that's 8 acres per megawatt. Meanwhile an old nuclear plant like San Onofre a few miles from me generates 2,200 megawatts using only 2 of its 3 reators. A large nuke plant does nearly 4,000 megawatts. The same state of the art solar farm would take up more than 20,000 acres, that is covering up some 31 square miles.

Think if how large such an array would have to be to feed our CURRENT national consumption of 3,350,000 megawatts. Even at a very optimistic 5 acres per mW it would take such an array the size of Texas to meet our current energy consumption requirements. Forget about future demands.

So the quicker we get away from this fantasy of solar power and bird killing noisy wind farms being the solution to our problems, the faster we can get to a REAL solution. But it's not a solution unless it's comprehensive including extensive planning for reprocessing and storage. If done right, nuclear power is an excellent clean-air solution for total energy independence.

But then again, bulldozing Texas for solar panels would suit the left just fine
stridr69
join:2003-05-19
San Luis Obispo, CA

stridr69

Thank you, Skeedatl.
As I'm a neighbor to Diablo Canyon's nuke plant, I couldn't agree with you more. Nuclear power is the way to go for the time being. Since our "liberal" friends in government(Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxter, Lois Capps, ect.) totally freak out about drilling for oil off the cali coast and hydro-electric is iffy at best, then there's only one other "clean" alternative that's both reliable and available with current technology.
France has it right. We should too.
By the way, Diablo Canyon has been a great neighbor for us as well. Get great weather reports from a local PG&E employee(John Lindsay)that beats anything I get from the weather channel. And when PG&E was eliminating jobs a while back, John was among those being cut. Local outcry to PG&E(myself included)allowed John to keep his job. He's a great asset locally as well as to PG&E. Not just for weather reports, but also about Diablo Canyon as well.
« i think canada has fibreWow... »
This is a sub-selection from Bingo.