join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude to kapil

to kapil

Re: Bingo.

said by kapil:
said by Dogfather:

No it's not.

Gas prices are result of green policies stopping domestic exploration and forcing us to rely on foreign sources of oil.

Domestic production is down 45% from the 1980's.

And while countries like France have built nuclear powerplants for plentiful clean-air energy Congress and every administration for the last 2 decades have sat on their hands bowing to the environmental wacko left.

And the housing problem is caused by people buying more house than they could afford.
We're running out of oil. We can either replace oil with something more renewable or keep digging ourselves deeper...both literally and metaphorically. One party wants to keep digging and the other wants to invest in something that is a little less bloody.

Oh Ethanol, So staving the poor and escalation of food prices is the answer. And Ethanol is more polluting. Every liberal idea is a failure. BTW it was a business that sold you that Pius, i mean Prius.

kapil
The Kapil
join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

kapil

Ethanol is not the answer. At least not the entire answer. It's a step. And the reason we make ethanol from corn is because the farmers get mad if we don't. There are too many competing interests, and no one is looking out for the common good.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

4 edits

Dogfather

Premium Member

From someone who obviously has ZERO clue about Ethanol.

Ethanol is hydrophilic and for that reason will never be viable.

And who gives a crap if farmers get mad.
« i think canada has fibreWow... »
This is a sub-selection from Bingo.