uniqs
share rss forum feed

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to mityfowl

Re: Cheap & environmentally freindly way to kill grass & weeds?

Round-Up I was under the impression is 1) Expensive
2) Not environmentally friendly, and 3) Works on weeds but not on grass and stuff (which I need to kill too in the concrete.)

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

1) Round-up in concentrate is very cost effective. Especially if applied with a hand sprayer. I've had 1 bottle of concentrate for about 8 years and have a big yard and a long driveway that wants to grow weeds in the cracks

2) I don't have any 3 headed (you name the critter)frogs or toads around here. Been using for 25 years at this house.

3) Glycosphates (brand name Round-Up) work best on grasses but works well on some broadleaf weeds.

4) I don't own any stock in the company

powerhog
Stinkin' up the joint
Premium
join:2000-12-14
Owasso, OK
reply to KrK

said by KrK:

Round-Up I was under the impression is 1) Expensive
2) Not environmentally friendly, and 3) Works on weeds but not on grass and stuff (which I need to kill too in the concrete.)
1) depends on what you consider expensive
2) since vegetation is part of the 'environment' and Round-Up kills all vegetation, one could say it's bad for the "environment".
3) it is a non-selective herbicide... kills all plants**

Given our daily chances of rain this time of year, you'd be better off applying one of the consumer products that 'works' quickly vs the slower commercial products.

**some 'woody' plants are somewhat resistant, but I doubt you have many of those growing in your driveway cracks.