Honor Our Heros, Our Armed Forces
Premium Member
join:2002-04-10
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

Credit requirements.

Hello All!

I've read on here others that have eligibility issues in obtaining U-Verse service. This is what I was told by a supervisor yesterday out of their IL call center. The supervisor wouldn't give me her login ID. She was very evasive and combative. I'll be filing a corporate complaint.

"I'm sorry sir you were denied. You are considered high risk and we don't cater to high risk customers. You don't meet the income requirements."

First off they told me it was a soft hit. I confirmed this with my credit monitoring company. No report showed up. How the hell they can determine your income from a soft hit. A soft hit is not providing the complete picture. I told the supervisor that I have 3 lines with AT&T, a auto loan and a credit card. All of them are paid on time.

"We use different criteria then other companies do."

What all boils down it is this.

"Sir, the equipment that we distribute is very expensive and the deployment is complicated. The Installer will be at your home ALL DAY installing the complicated equipment."

Let me bluntly say this. Oh this service is for the rich. The supervisor in so many words told me that High risk customer won't take care of their equipment. If you feel that way why not ask for a deposit. They ask for one with the phone service.

Time to file a corporate complaint.

Splitpair
Premium Member
join:2000-07-29
Cow Towne

Splitpair

Premium Member

said by rlocone:

Time to file a corporate complaint.
Time to clean up your credit and raise your Beacon score.

Wayne

rlocone
Premium Member
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

Well that doesn't explain why I have 3 cell phone lines, A auto loan for 20K, and a credit card limit of 1K. I feel I'm credit worthy. But ATT thinks other wise. I pay my bills on time.

Splitpair
Premium Member
Cow Towne

2 edits

1 recommendation

Splitpair

Premium Member

said by rlocone:

and a credit card limit of 1K.
That should be considered a clue as to your credit rating. A $1000 limit is so Capitol One or Providian.

Wayne

rlocone
Premium Member
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

I have a credit monitoring service and know what is on there. It's just that I feel that ATT are way too strict.

Splitpair
Premium Member
Cow Towne

Splitpair

Premium Member

said by rlocone:

It's just that I feel that ATT are way too strict.
It's called risk management.

It is well known the lower the customers Beacon score the better the chances of their account going into collections and personally if I was rejected for U-verse or Cable I would worry more about improving my score than trying to get a merchant to approve me.

Your low score is more than likely hurting you in ways you do not even realize such as excessive interest rates on loans and jacked up insurance rates.

Wayne

rlocone
Premium Member
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

It really upsetting. I was moving to another location and U-Verse is available but I can't get it. I'm stuck with Comcast and I hate them to all hell! But it's in my wifes name.

Splitpair
Premium Member
Cow Towne

Splitpair

Premium Member

Have her try ordering it.

Wayne

rlocone
Premium Member
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

LOL, Her credit, they would look @ her and laugh...;)

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

3 edits

scots to rlocone

Premium Member

to rlocone
said by rlocone:

Well that doesn't explain why I have 3 cell phone lines, A auto loan for 20K, and a credit card limit of 1K. I feel I'm credit worthy. But ATT thinks other wise. I pay my bills on time.
All that doesn't mean diddly. Your credit score is what matters. You can have all the credit in the world and pay your bills on time, but if your credit score isn't up to whatever they decide they want the minimum to be in order to get service you aren't going to get service.

I have 3 cell phone lines, an auto loan, a mortgage, quite a few credit cards with various limits on them, and I pay my bills on time...but I occasionally have problems with certain things because my credit score leans toward the mediocre side. Right after I bought my house I went through a semi-nasty split up with the former other half, and got into a little trouble with a few credit cards because I had some trouble making payments with the reduced household income. I've cleared all that up and have no problems making payments now, but those dings from a few years ago have brought my credit score down. Stuff like that stays on your report for 7 years, and there's no way to get it off until the 7 years goes by and it drops off (or if it's not legitimate information). My credit score goes up a little every so often, but until those dings drop off it's not going to be stellar.

One thing you mentioned is that they would laugh at your wife's credit. If you have any joint credit accounts together (credit cards, loans, etc), her bad credit can lower your credit score even though you personally don't have any dings on your credit report. If you do have any joint accounts, then it's possible that your current credit score could have been higher if you wouldn't have gotten that joint account together.

rlocone
Premium Member
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

Thanks for your input. It's a shame that the system works that way. Oh well. I've spent many years repairing my credit and still in the process of getting better. It's an ongoing process. My mom has been working on hers for 20yrs. Now she's got great credit. As for my wife the only joint accounts we have is the auto loan. I pay the bill but she is the one that drives. Go figure...:( If she didn't apply jointly for the auto loan she wouldn't have gotten it. She would've totally royally be screwed now. In doing so I'm paying on the auto loan her credit is benefiting. Isn't that nice she doesn't have to anything and her credit is improving.

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

The Dv8or

Premium Member

You also need to remember that after the housing bubble broke, credit restrictions on everything got a lot tighter in a hurry.

rlocone
Premium Member
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

Yep, and now many ppl are like......... Gas & food are high as hell what is more important? Eating, driving to work or paying on that credit card. Ppl are not just defaulting on their houses but on everything else. We are going to see a lot of this. Damn it things are getting really bad out there. That is why we are moving closer to my wife's new job.
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas to rlocone

Premium Member

to rlocone
I don't know what you think a "corporate complaint" will do. AT&T is perfectly within their rights to use whatever credit criteria they want to for their service. They are simply trying to maximize revenue and minimize costs like everyone else.

You do not have a right to be someone's customer.

rlocone
Premium Member
Kokomo, IN

rlocone

Premium Member

only option right now is to stay with comcast. Something I'm not happy with.