Search similar:

uniqs
LiLMs
join:2008-05-24
Gulf Breeze, FL

LiLMs

[FL] Cable TV problem

Hi,

I've lurked for some time now, and I know this forum is mostly for internet issues, but I can't find a similar forum for television issues.

May 1, there was a short outage in my neighborhood. When the cable came back on, some of our premium channels were tiling a little. Silly me, I didn't call until May 6, thinking that they would know that something else needed to be done. (there were tech's working in one of the BIG boxes during the outage.)

May 8, techs came to my house and checked things out, said that the problem wasn't at my house, nor in the box outside, that I am getting about 1/3 of the signal strength that I need to be getting and that a line sweep would be needed at the street level, that they would report it to those that do such things.

May 13 or 14, called again. It's being worked on.

May 24, I called again. At this point, OnDemand doesn't work at all, premium channels might as well not be there & even some of the analog channels are going kaput - Speed & Sci-Fi have no sound, and ABC Family has neither picture nor sound - and I'm just listing the ones that are regularly tuned to in our house; I haven't gone channel by channel to find out what is working and what is not.

For the last 3 weeks, I've spotted Mediacom trucks at several different houses. I feel sorry for those guys - it's obviously a neighborhood problem and they are being sent out to placate the customers until whatever act of Congress is required gets the guys that work on outside problems in here. My internet is fine (so far) and I'm desperately trying NOT to leave Mediacom, but I'm paying quite a nice sum monthly. I know they'll credit my account if they ever fix it, but I'd rather have my cable working properly.

What can I do?

LiLMs who's been movie-less for 23 days.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

1 edit

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Welcome to the Mediacom forum. Keep calling in, also ask around and see if your neighbors are having problems too, make sure to tell them to keep calling in. The more calls they get in the faster it will be resolved.

Is your area underground or aerial?
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to LiLMs

Premium Member

to LiLMs
I don't know where you are in relation to me, or the architecture out of Gulf Breeze, but FWIW I haven't been experiencing any issues. I know that Gulf Breeze is supposed to be testing digital simulcasting, but I wouldn't think that should cause your kind of problems. At least I hope not. Like Anonymous said, keep calling, get your neighbors to call, and try visiting the office to speak with someone in person.
openbox9

openbox9 to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

Is your area underground or aerial?
We have both around here. I've got aerial and two blocks away (same subdivision) everything is buried. So it really depends on the neighborhood in which LiLMs resides.
Turbocpe
Premium Member
join:2001-12-22
IA

Turbocpe to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

I know that Gulf Breeze is supposed to be testing digital simulcasting, but I wouldn't think that should cause your kind of problems. At least I hope not.
If I recall correctly, a major reason why the Des Moines area began to experience issues with digital and analog service was because of simulcasting.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
Are you having any problems?
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by Anonymous88:

Are you having any problems?
Nope. All three of my services have been rock solid for months.
openbox9

openbox9 to Turbocpe

Premium Member

to Turbocpe
said by Turbocpe:

If I recall correctly, a major reason why the Des Moines area began to experience issues with digital and analog service was because of simulcasting.
Since I'm just down the road from LiLMs, hopefully that isn't the problem.
LiLMs
join:2008-05-24
Gulf Breeze, FL

LiLMs

Thanks all for your input.

I really think that whatever they were doing at the box caused the problem - I was absolutely rock solid before, and immediately after is when the problems started.

I'll keep calling, I guess, but hubby is on a bi-weekly rant about switching and I don't know how much longer he'll wait.