spc
uniqs

Anonuser
join:2003-01-03
Milwaukee, WI

Anonuser

Re: [Tech] E3 Sparkplugs, 15,000 Mile Review

I auctually tested the spark with a Taser. Worked rather well

The Spark did 1 of 2 things, some times it jumped to one point with a strong bolt, and at the same time, a weaker bolt jumped at another point, and on other try's, it just changed back and forth between points on the plug very rapidly.

Change in fuel mileage, I measure my highway fuel mileage by driving at 70mph with the cruse set, when I drive to Wisconsin Dells to visit my parents. That is roughly a 140mile drive, and I drive it non stop, without any brakeing.

Orignal plugs were NGK's, and then I replaced them with Bosch's, ran those for about 10k miles, which yielded same mileage as the old stock NGK's, changed out the Bosch's right before doing my drive to the dells, with the E3's, and saw a instant increase in mileage on that trip, and every trip since. If you want, I can put another set of Bosch in or NGK's, Checker Auto has them on sale, and I can do another comparison.

My understanding, is that the way they are designed, the E3 resists fouling by having multuple electrode points, so if one is "blocked" it moves to the next best, keeping the vehicle fireing.
My understanding, where the mileage and additional benifits, are that the electrode is in a "circle" around tip, so that the kernal ignits the fuel, and the "explosion" goes up, into the cylinder, more easially burning the fuel that was around the cylinder, Instead of having the flame go sideways, and mostly burning the fuel around the sides of the cylinder.

All I know is it is working amazing in my mower, and doing a decent job on my truck and wifes honda.

Plugs were approx $5.99 each at auto zone.
public
join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

public

said by Anonuser:

I auctually tested the spark with a Taser. Worked rather well
A test of a cold plug in 1 atm air pressure is meaningless. It in no way represents a hot plug electrode and compresses fuel mixture.