uniqs
share rss forum feed

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

Online program schedule

What site are you using to view FiOS TV programming schedule on your computer?

The data I used to get from udigtv.com has become unavailable unless I go to their client site at film.com which is not my first choice.

I see I can get data at Zap2it.com, but it doesn't show FiOS channel numbers.

What other sites show program schedules?

drawdhadhasfdhhs

@verizon.net

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to birdfeedr
If you go here:

»www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/

Login with your Vz username/pass (the internet one, not your billing one), it will show you your tv listings. Per a press release today, you will be able to remotely schedule recordings from this location in the fall.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to drawdhadhasfdhhs
How about this new one on the Verizon site which was discussed in another thread. Enter in your account name and password to get the TV listings.

»www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/unp···vod.aspx

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
reply to birdfeedr
Actually, Verizon added program listings on their website. If you go to the fios TV site:

»www22.verizon.com/Content/FiOSTV/

Go over to the right, about half-way down, you'll see a link for VOD, called Preview VOD Movies (I think this is the same link that draw put in his posting). Go in there and you can get your VOD listings. But if you log in (the user ID and password is the same you would use for you My Verizon account), you'll also see options to get TV listings in there as well. It's really nice actually. Very fast, and the search works like the search does on the IMG s/w.

Note, though, you may have to change the location. Mine seems to default to Basking Ridge, NJ - I'm guessing that's where the s/w was developed.

I used to use zap2it, but I like this listing alot better. BTW, you should be able to get your fios channel numbers through zap2it.

JPL
Premium
Downingtown, PA
reply to birdfeedr
Looks like we all jumped on that one pretty quick

Uncle Stevie
Premium
join:2008-05-28
Bloomfield, NJ
reply to birdfeedr
I have been using Verizon.Yahoo.com as my home page and customized to get a perfect FIOS TV schedule. I use it daily and set it to give me three hours of programming schedule from the hour I start with. You can also set it up to list only those favorite channels you want to know about. It is a good choice.

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

1 edit
said by Uncle Stevie:

I have been using Verizon.Yahoo.com as my home page and customized to get a perfect FIOS TV schedule. I use it daily and set it to give me three hours of programming schedule from the hour I start with. You can also set it up to list only those favorite channels you want to know about. It is a good choice.
Where do you create a login for that?
I have a verizon.net e-mail, and a my.yahoo...but neither of those seem to work..

Anyone using the newly anounced Verizon TV listings been able to save thier Zip code? mine keeps reverting back to Basking Ridge, NJ. -- I'm in VA.

I hope they keep developing their TV listings... I think the thing I miss most about Comcast is their TV planner.
tvplanner.comcast.net

JPL
Premium
Downingtown, PA
reply to Uncle Stevie
said by Uncle Stevie:

I tried bringing up that site, but I can't log in. How do you create a login for it? I didn't see anything on the page about setting up a new account.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
said by JPL:

I tried bringing up that site, but I can't log in. How do you create a login for it? I didn't see anything on the page about setting up a new account.
It works for me when I use my primary verizon.net / Internet account.

JPL
Premium
Downingtown, PA
I tried that, and it didn't seem to take. I guess I'll try again.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

I just realized that I don't add @verizon.net to the user id.

My primary alias without @verizon.net and my resXXabc user ids both work (I'm from exGTE land so the vzeXXabc would be the equivalent).

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 edit
reply to JayMan 007
said by JayMan 007:

Anyone using the newly anounced Verizon TV listings been able to save thier Zip code? mine keeps reverting back to Basking Ridge, NJ. -- I'm in VA.
It might require that cookies are enabled? What browser are you using?

Edit: Seems to work better with IE.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to birdfeedr
said by birdfeedr:

What other sites show program schedules?
I'll second titantv.com which I have been using way more than the Verizon guide. But then, we don't have a DVR STB either...

Now that I finally have PC2Go and Vista MCE playing nicely, I'm going to switch over to: »tv.msn.com/tv/guide so I can remotely program my recordings...

Mark F1

join:2007-08-01
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to birdfeedr
I have Verizon FIOS Internet With MSN Premium. Near the top of the homepage, on the right, is a link for MSN TV. There, I can see TV news, reviews for TV shows and specials, links to TV shows- old and new -available for viewing online, and a place to enter my zip code. Once I enter it, I can get the FIOS listings for Fort Wayne. Convenient.
There's also Yahoo TV. But, E!TV, tv.com, imdb.com, TV Heaven, Tim's TV Showcase, TV Party, and tvshowsondvd.com are just a few of the other sites with TV news. Mark F

Uncle Stevie
Premium
join:2008-05-28
Bloomfield, NJ
reply to birdfeedr
I am not sure how you can sign up but this might be a starting point.

»www.verizon.net/central/vzc.port···customer

My page has both Verizon and Yahoo logos side by side.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to birdfeedr
said by kes601:

If you go here:

»www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/

This looks like a winner, at least once they drop the nag screen, and enable a cookie to remember location, or to tie in the location with sign in.

I found it's better to set the location then select the TV Listings. For some reason, viewing the Hastings NJ listing, then changing location doesn't affect the listings, until I click out, then click back in to the listings.

The reason I liked the udigtv.com listing was it came in a single page, not multiple frames. It's a quirk of mine, I guess. Give me one scroll bar.

Thanks all for your replies.