share rss forum feed
« Comcast
This is a sub-selection from ugh

kingofdsl

join:2002-12-11
Indianapolis, IN
reply to devnuller

Re: ugh

Although questionable whether going to jail for Federal crimes is worth the effort I am not surprised by people getting to this point of fed up with not just Comcast but all the corporations wringing more and more money out of the American consumer promising the world and delivering peanuts.

There will be a lot more of this

Placebo
Premium
join:2005-12-14
Huntley, IL
I'm a victim of the damn corporations!

Seriously, as a consumer, you get to choose who gets your money. Food, fuel, insurance, mortgage rates, and utility costs aside, YOU determine how much money you GIVE to these "evil corporations".

Why is everyone a victim?
--
Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips.

Goliath28

@comcast.net
Who gets to set the price? Last time I checked gas was at $3.70+ a gallon. If I get to set the price then I want to pay .01c a gallon.

You only think you get to set the prices, you don't even get to set the price for your mortgage, and I know before you say it, well then don't buy it.. But I have to have some place to live *smacktard*. It is a shell game while you are so busy looking here they raise rates over there. And before you know it you are paying $3plus for a gallon of gas and $100+ for TV and internet. But keep drinking the governments kool-aid. I guess a sucker really IS born every minute.

Placebo
Premium
Huntley, IL

1 recommendation

Did you even read my post? I explicitly noted that we don't have control over fuel prices and mortgage rates, utilities, etc...

The choices you do have: you can buy a fuel efficient vehicle, you can live in a less expensive house, you can get the lower-tiered internet plan, you can go without a data package on you cell phone, you can cancel your subscription to Netflix. YOU control the amount you pay because YOU determine which package you sign up for. I'm no "*smacktard*", my eloquent friend. I'm a smart consumer.

Guess what: TV and Internet are not necessities. Even if they are, you can get broadcast channels for free, and NetZero is willing to give you a dial-up account for $9.99 , so don't tell me that I'm the one drinking the Kool-Aid.

If there is a sucker on this board, it's you: you're the one that's been convinced that you MUST have a triple-play package, and that you MUST purchase a house instead of renting. Don't blame me for your turning into a corporate whore.
--

crischen

join:2000-11-07
Anderson, IN

1 recommendation

Why get netzero, it's actually more expensive than cable.

By the time I pay ATT $27 a month for a landline and then 9.95 for NetZero, I can get Cable internet for 33$.
--
-Kinsey
Geeky chix0r

cao1964

join:2000-08-09
Danville, PA
reply to Placebo
"Seriously, as a consumer, you get to choose who gets your money. Food, fuel, insurance, mortgage rates, and utility costs aside, YOU determine how much money you GIVE to these "evil corporations".
"

Oh please though its agains the law you think companies don't conspire to keep prices high and services as they are.

Anyone who has ever gone to an exclusive golf club knows what I mean, business is not done at the office but at the golf course with noone even knowing what is been said and done.

That said I think that what capitalism is all about, scr*w as many as you can, since they are going to scr*w you also.
So if you don't like comcast go to their friend ATT don't like them either, build your own billion dollar business and you will be just like them, smilling as you give it to the people, its just how humans are, more power to Capitalism.

Placebo
Premium
Huntley, IL

1 recommendation

said by cao1964:

Oh please though its agains the law you think companies don't conspire to keep prices high and services as they are.

No sh*t!

What do you expect?! Do you really think that corporations should be angels?

I can picture the board meeting at Comcast:

"Okay folks--how do we go about saving our customers money this month?"

Sounds crazy, right?

I know it can be hard to grasp, but EVERY company wants to take as much of your money as they can. Period. It's up to you, the consumer, to determine who gets your money, and how much of it they get. If you don't agree with the way they do business, then don't give them your damn money.

Why is that so hard to understand?
--

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

said by Placebo:

It's up to you, the consumer, to determine who gets your money, and how much of it they get. If you don't agree with the way they do business, then don't give them your damn money.

Why is that so hard to understand?
Because many people live in a world where they are responsible for none of their own actions and where government; corporations; mommy and daddy; and all their friends and neighbors are there to take care of them and make their life easier.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page
« Comcast
This is a sub-selection from ugh