Search similar:

uniqs

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

1 recommendation

Uncle Paul

Off to jail

I consider this a theft and should be dealt with accordingly. At the very minimum the value of the theft should be based on the resource value Comcast had to expend to determine and fix the hack. That should easily place it in the fed area.

FiL25
Premium Member
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD

FiL25

Premium Member

lol...

pissed
@mycingular.net

pissed to Uncle Paul

Anon

to Uncle Paul
agreed. And the worst part is that it's still not entirely fixed!

halfband
Premium Member
join:2002-06-01
Huntsville, AL

halfband to Uncle Paul

Premium Member

to Uncle Paul
Theft is probably a bad analogy, more like vandalism.

pissed
@mycingular.net

pissed

Anon

I disagree.. My ability to send and receive email has been stolen during this outage. It should be considered theft of services since I have paid for functionality that still has not been restored.
jvanbrecht
join:2007-01-08
Bowie, MD

jvanbrecht

No, it is vandalism. Just like say.. vandalizing parking meters (and before you say you don't pay for them.. you do, through your taxes), just because you cannot use it, and you may or may not get a parking ticket, does not make it theft, but vandalism.
Modsquad
join:2003-01-21
Spring, TX

Modsquad to Uncle Paul

to Uncle Paul
And I guess I should file a theft suit against comcast for not delivering the product I've been paying for?

halfband
Premium Member
join:2002-06-01
Huntsville, AL

halfband to pissed

Premium Member

to pissed
Slash your tires you can not use your car either. Cut your power line, your electrical service is gone. Vandalism often has the consequence of denying the use of something. While there is liability on the part of the vandals for the lost service, it is not classified in the legal system as theft.

pissed
@fbr.com

pissed

Anon

ok, fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.
ossito16
join:2004-07-31
Whiting, IN

ossito16 to Uncle Paul

to Uncle Paul
I hope they don't stop with Comcast, this kind of thing should happen more often and to other companies as well. If companies did things that benefit the customer first instead their pockets, we would not need this.