FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit

Sorry, but LeMonde never says Verizon stopping fiber rollout

»French Paper Claims FiOS Is Dead
Verizon has just announced that it would stop installing optic fiber to the end-customer. Too slow, too expensive.
Here is the English translation of the story by Google:
»translate.google.com/translate?u···234.html
Verizon, which has announced that he would install fiber optic to the subscriber. Too long, too expensive. The cost of recruiting a subscriber was estimated at 5 000 dollars (3 170 euros) and recovered only 3 400 dollars.
The article does say "slow & expensive". Nowhere does it say that Verizon would stop installing fiber.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by FFH5:

»French Paper Claims FiOS Is Dead
Verizon has just announced that it would stop installing optic fiber to the end-customer. Too slow, too expensive.
Here is the English translation of the story by Google:
»translate.google.com/translate?u···234.html
Verizon, which has announced that he would install fiber optic to the subscriber. Too long, too expensive. The cost of recruiting a subscriber was estimated at 5 000 dollars (3 170 euros) and recovered only 3 400 dollars.
The article does say "slow & expensive". Nowhere does it say that Verizon would stop installing fiber.
You're trusting a web-based translation system?

MRCUR

join:2007-03-09
Columbia, PA
reply to FFH5
Actually, the article does indeed say that Verizon has "come to announce the renunciation of installing fiber to the subscriber."

I'm not trusting an online translation for this, I'm trusting myself. Both Google Translate and Babel Fish don't understand "renoncait." That means to renounce or to give up.

gimme5

join:2002-12-23
Kissimmee, FL

1 edit
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Nowhere does it say that Verizon would stop installing fiber.
Yes it does. Google just messed up the translation.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to MRCUR
said by MRCUR:

Actually, the article does indeed say that Verizon has "come to announce the renunciation of installing fiber to the subscriber."

I'm not trusting an online translation for this, I'm trusting myself. Both Google Translate and Babel Fish don't understand "renoncait." That means to renounce or to give up.
Maybe the French used the Google translator to translate some Verizon press releases and got those backward.