join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob

Premium Member

Comcast Technical Contact!

These guys shouldn't get a pass but does anyone else think the Comcast technical contact/manager should have been a little more proactive about this? Rather than blowing them off maybe he should have at least checked some things. I think if I were a Comcast Exec this guy might be handed his walking papers if what the hackers said is true.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Robert

Premium Member

said by jbob:

These guys shouldn't get a pass but does anyone else think the Comcast technical contact/manager should have been a little more proactive about this? Rather than blowing them off maybe he should have at least checked some things. I think if I were a Comcast Exec this guy might be handed his walking papers if what the hackers said is true.
I probably would have blown them off too - but not before I recorded their account # for safe keeping.

FicmanS
Premium Member
join:2005-01-11
Brownsburg, IN

FicmanS to jbob

Premium Member

to jbob
Agreed...

Somebody should have a HARD look into how this all went down and drop the hammer if indeed this pans out to be true...
joeblow4
join:2007-07-14
Knoxville, TN

joeblow4 to jbob

to jbob
I had all kinds of problems the last month I had Comcast and they just keep on with its my router and I needed more ram on and on.

Placebo
Premium Member
join:2005-12-14
Huntley, IL

Placebo to jbob

Premium Member

to jbob
I'm guessing the telephone call to the Comcast tech manager's home wasn't a very friendly call (and it doesn't mention what time the phone call was made...)

If some punk hacker called me at home, I probably would have told him to F* off too.

Of course these people shouldn't get a pass--they broke the law--a very reasonable law. It's not like they were jaywalking.