Premium Member
join:2002-06-28
Inman, SC

pro7070 to The Dv8or

Premium Member

to The Dv8or

Re: Jordan vs Kobe, the numbers speak for themselves

said by The Dv8or:

Part of the problem with your thought that Kobe is a top 5 all time player is that the NBA has done just about everything to forget their storied past. I'd like to hear who the others are on your top 5 list besides Kobe and Jordan.
1. Jordan
2. Wilt
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Magic Johnson
5. Julius Erving
6. Larry Bird

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

said by pro7070:
said by The Dv8or:

Part of the problem with your thought that Kobe is a top 5 all time player is that the NBA has done just about everything to forget their storied past. I'd like to hear who the others are on your top 5 list besides Kobe and Jordan.
1. Jordan
2. Wilt
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Magic Johnson
5. Julius Erving
6. Larry Bird
wilt couldnt do it in this era... he would get thrown around he we all know he had no jumpshot... larry bird couldnt play defense at all... all he had going for him was his jumpshot... kobe is easily better than both of them... Kobe is a top 5 player with you like it or not he's proving it night in and night out

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

1 recommendation

The Dv8or

Premium Member

Please go find ONE legitimate sportswriter who claims Kobe is the best of all time, or anywhere near. There's not one legitimate sports personality in the world who agrees with you, much in the same way there's not one legitimate sports personality in the world who agrees with you that Brian Westbrook is the best football player in the NFL.

Solid_Snake
Snakeonia
Premium Member
join:2002-01-14
Fort Collins, CO

Solid_Snake

Premium Member

said by The Dv8or:

Please go find ONE legitimate sportswriter who claims Kobe is the best of all time, or anywhere near. There's not one legitimate sports personality in the world who agrees with you, much in the same way there's not one legitimate sports personality in the world who agrees with you that Brian Westbrook is the best football player in the NFL.
do me one better... find me one legitimate sportwriter period

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Dv8or

Premium Member

Thats the best you can do?

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR to The Dv8or

Premium Member

to The Dv8or
said by The Dv8or:

almost everyone on ESPN says brian westbrook is the most versatile back in the NFL they have said it plenty of times.. obviously you don't watch NFL network or ESPN cause they have been praising brian westbrook and say he's still the most underrated player in the NFL... so please... and jim rome from rome is burning is saying how kobe can easily be in the same sentence as MJ hes not saying hes as good or whatever but MJs book is done Kobe is still getting written and by the time kobe is done he will most likely surpass MJ...

obviously you don't watch anything inculding football games or NBA games

ariesguy
join:2001-01-30

ariesguy to Eagles LoveR

to Eagles LoveR
said by Eagles LoveR:

wilt couldnt do it in this era... he would get thrown around he we all know he had no jumpshot...
First, you can't compare people from different eras.. And Wilt was 7'1" 275lbs when he played! He wouldn't get thrown around today.. And if he were in this era he'd have the luxury of todays weight-training & nutrition.. He also happened to be a superb track athlete, he would run/jump all over the NBA centers of today.

You obviously don't know much about the NBA beyond this current generation of stars. If you make ridiculous claims like the above, you're not doing your argument any good.

bumperboy
@verizon.net

bumperboy to pro7070

Anon

to pro7070
Top 10 Greatest Players Ever
#1 Kareem Abdul Jabbar
#1B Magic Johnson
#2 Wilt Chamberlain
#3 Bill Russell
#4 Micheal Jordan=Rocky Marciano..FACED A BUNCH OF NOBODY'S
#5 Oscar Robertson
#6 Kobe Bryant...Still Climbing isn't protected by the NBA like Jordan was
#7 Larry Bird
#8 Dr. J
#9 Hakeem Olajuwan
10 Tim Duncan

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

bjf123 to Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

to Eagles LoveR
said by Eagles LoveR:

wilt couldnt do it in this era... he would get thrown around he we all know he had no jumpshot
And none of the players in today's game could do it in Wilt's era either. All the big men of today would foul out of every game because they charge whenever they move to the basket. They, and most other players, travel just about every time they touch the ball. None of the guards of today could handle the ball against the Robertsons, Couseys, and Fraziers, because they'd be called for carrying the ball on EVERY dribble. Different eras, different games, and the old era was basketball. I'm not sure what they play now.

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Dv8or

Premium Member

Id love to see Kobe Bryant up against Kermit Washington.