spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mattred
@level3.net

mattred to formeat

Anon

to formeat

Re: Any experience with Cricket Wireless Broadband?

lol well iv had cricket for about a week now. the a600 model. so far its ok i guess, i have to stick the stupid thing out the window just 2 get 1-3 bars. downloads suck!!! i downloaded 1.5g from a p2p client and it toke 23 hours and some change. this is way better than dial-up, heck anything is better now a days. i have had the verizon card and this is much better, i have had the sprint 1 and that one was nice, good speed and i had a network with my ps3 so that was nice. its been about 3 days still trying to find a way to share the network. lots of work, not for begginers. yes p2p does work with lots of bull and changing settings pc/a600. i guess its ok now and then, i get usually 600kb downloads but it jumps so damn bad it pisses me off. it will go from 900kb/sec to 3kb/sec in well about a second lol. i guess if you screwed yourself with everyone else as i did this is an ok sub. then sometimes it will say dormant and sit and do not a damn thing for like 5 min then come back. sometimes 10 sec. if varies so much!!!!!!!! but again way better then dail-up, been there like 8 years ago, yuck!!

pissed off
@level3.net

pissed off to formeat

Anon

to formeat
my broad band keeps disconnecting and have no viruses so don't no what the problem is i cant get no help from cricket so next month iam changing my services the stupid thing just disconnected no i hat cricket they suck i have a poor signal or sometimes no signal iam very dissatisfied
Expand your moderator at work

mattred
@level3.net

mattred to pissed off

Anon

to pissed off

i think it has something to with your pc or the data cable the card came with. it happends to me alot then i have to reset the computer then it seems to work. problem is that the card isnt terminating the connection completely and the pc knows its still connected and its not gona do 2 connections at once. like i said happends all the time 2 me. i do have cricket. no signal or crap signal half the time so yea i dont blame you. if you have other usb ports i suggest trying them first before returning it. also im in the process of making a wireless signal booster out of a coffee can lol so i will let you know if it works!!

IloveCricketNet
@69.171.162.x

IloveCricketNet to formeat

Anon

to formeat
So check it people's i have been using this shit for 4 months now no download cap they are just trying to scare ya and p2p does work despite what this claims are ya speed kinda slow but hell all i can get is Dial up so it's cool ok but i want to do it 2x with 2 modem things like the old shotgun 128 dial up is this possible i think so it uses regular DUN 2 connect i don't use there tool to connect
Pghwireman
join:2009-02-21
Irwin, PA

Pghwireman to formeat

to formeat

Well it's been 2 billing periods for my broadband service. I can,t say that I have had any issues so far. It seems like they tweaked the network here in the Pittsburgh market as I'm getting reliable service and 600 t 700 KBS on a regular basis.

matred
@level3.net

matred to formeat

Anon

to formeat
well its been a while now and have to agree with some that its an ok service. I think what it was is they where still developing and still are so you are gonna get bugs here and there. I also have the samsung messenger (the green one) and I have had some problems with that as well. I think for the price its pretty decent. Also my first day of using the cricket a600/evdo I downloaded 1.5g and I KNOW I am way over this so called cap but I haven't seen any changes in speed connection nothing. So I agree with this other dude that the cap is just a scare tactic, just to keep people from using to much bandwidth. And p2p does work but of course not as good as dsl or cable.Read the fine print, it does say some scary things about watch what you do and say. So uh yea if you on the grind be careful and if you on the net watch what you look at and do. I also heard somewhere that they may report to the p2p police??? whatever... Mabey another scare. over all so far 7.5/10 dialup 1/10 lol dsl 7/10 cable 9/10 and the optical 12/10 lol.
matred

matred to formeat

Anon

to formeat

lol and almost always my upload and download are close to the same. only 2 bars out of 4 for signal. it did go up to 600 but yea.

VoodooGamer
@69.171.162.x

VoodooGamer to formeat

Anon

to formeat
So, we got Cricket BB wireless 3 days ago, and I know I should really give it more time before making a final judgement on it. That said, my initial assessment is that I was conned into buying something not right for me. I dont use the internet for much. I do play world of warcraft 4-20 hours a day (yeah, no life) CWBB is NOT for this. When I was able to get through to "tech support" I was told I need to move my computer to a different part of my house to get a better signal. wtf? We did'nt pay exorbident amounts like some of u did, as we are used to dealing with them ripping us off on our son's phone. I must admit that it does seem faster than our previous connection (dial-up) but at least with dial up there was 100% signal. Bottom line: I got thier BB for gaming and Im unable to game, only able to complain about it on this forum. God I miss my game...
rfwins
join:2009-04-18
Mokena, IL

rfwins to formeat

to formeat
just got my cricket B.B could not be happier WAY better
then the old dail up (yes i am way out) magic jack works like a champ!!! not sure why cricket is getting knocked so bad working Great here... also i only get 3 bars of signal

chicagkenji
join:2009-03-02
Chicago, IL

chicagkenji to formeat

to formeat

I'm in Chicago using the A600 modem. I'm having some problems. In looking into the problem I've done some tracerouting. I'm seeing probs.

Is anyone out there who is using the Cricket service willing to try a few things and tell us what you see?

I went to a corporate store here in chicago and used their machine and their broadband modem and replicated the problems I'm having with my hardware so I know it's not my machine or modem.

Warkrafter
@198.207.222.x

Warkrafter to formeat

Anon

to formeat
I find this wireless connection is a ok substitue for the real thing. Being a student i can always be on the go and do my work wherther im at home, work, or on the road doing my school work. The only downside to it ino....is that if ur having to download anything from the web, u might as well forget it, might as well be dial-up....good luck

Matred
@level3.net

Matred to formeat

Anon

to formeat
ok well its me again and now im pissed!!!! I talked to costumer service 3 times and they hung up on my 3 times!! i asked if there was a 5 gig cap and they say yes.. i said i have the advertisement and my contract that says UNLIMITED internet access for $35 with the phone. so now my speed completely suck. i can get lucky to get a speed test to actually even start. bottom line, they are no better than sprint or verizon or any other company in the usa. @*#% cricket. They dont even have a way to check to see if you past the 5 gig cap so how can they lower your bandwidth? lol ridicules. PEOPLE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME UNLESS U craped out with the other companys as i did. uh if only the real office was here lol...
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

"UNLESS U craped out with the other companys as i did."

Now that is just funny. Lets crap on Cricket because we've already dicked over the other companies.

Geeze.

CricketUserKCMO
@69.171.162.x

CricketUserKCMO

Anon

Cricket: Where "unlimited" means not.

Cricket: Dialup speed for broadband prices.

GetARouter
@cox.net

GetARouter to formeat

Anon

to formeat
I had Cricket Wireless "Broadband" from March 1 to April 25 2009. Yeah there's a reason why I didn't have it for very long. First off, I almost never got anything above 2 bars. I kept being kicked off the internet even though I was still connected to cricket. (Yeah, I was connected to Cricket, but not the Internet. This problem happened A LOT) The piece of shit kept going "Dormant" on me at the most inconvenient times and Firefox kept crashing on me while I used Cricket. Firefox crashed about 2-4 times a DAY when I was connected to it via Cricket and I experienced dial-up speeds on IE.

YouTube was horrible with Cricket as it would usually take me 15 minutes to watch a 5 minute video and uploading pics to Photobucket would take 5 times as long as they should. I constantly lost signal and I had many failed connection attempts because "the remote computer failed to respond" meaning I had to unplug the damn thing and then plug it back in which meant I had to wait EVEN MORE for the modem to power on. Getting kicked off of Firefox or the connection going 'dormant' often meant having to disconnect and then re-connect and I would sometimes repeat this process just 10-20 minutes later because it went 'dormant' again.

As for the rebate, they tell you that you have to wait 60 days to get it, but what they don't tell you is that you have to have the service for 45 days to even GET the rebate and then you have to wait 60 days FROM THE END OF THE FIRST 45 DAYS to have the rebate. In other words, you're looking at no rebate for a minimum of 105 days. I had it for nearly 60 days and it was horrible. After weeks of frustration, I ditched Cricket and bought a wireless router and it works A LOT BETTER. The Wireless router is up to 3 times faster than Cricket and I can watch YouTube as if I was using cable internet.

Overall, Cricket is a decent phone provider but a HORRIBLE Internet provider. I would definitely NOT recommend getting this service, it's not worth the hassle as speeds are around 100K (Faster than 56K, but much slower than cable).

CricketUserKCMO
@69.171.162.x

CricketUserKCMO to formeat

Anon

to formeat
I was very satisfied when I first started using the service. While there was a bit of lag that made gaming a bit less pleasant than it should be, I could download 100 meg files in less than half an hour. Disconnects would occur but I began disconnecting/reconnecting between downloads and that seemed to take care of that problem.

It now takes between 90 minutes to 2 hours to download 100 meg files. To be fair(?) I've surpassed my limit of 5 gigs on their "unlimited broadband" plan. Nevertheless.

I'm not savvy enough to post the speedtest.net image onto this forum but my results from the recommended server are: ping 200ms, download 0.08 Mb/s, upload 0.11 Mb/s.

My bill was due today and I payed at the dealership yesterday. We will see if the brakes are taken off and, if not, how customer service deals with this issue. Stay tuned.
CricketUserKCMO

Anon

to formeat
Okay - I finally finished downloading a 295 meg file. 8 hours it took. I deleted my cookies, online/offline cache, temp, temp internet files, turned off computer, pulled the modem, turned on the computer, uninstalled software, reinstalled software, got back online started to download a 246 meg file and was informed that it would be done in 7 and a half hours. Refreshed network and tried again. Same message. Went to Cricket tech support page and sent them this:

"My connection speed is sub par. These are the stats according to www.speedtest.net: ping 225/ms--Download 0.07 Mb/s--Upload 0.13 Mb/s. This is unacceptable. I understand that your "unlimited" service actually has a soft cap (limit) of 5GB transfer and I may have gone over that during the last billing cycle. I expected that my rates of transfer to increase substantially on the 1st of the month; they have not increased.

You may assist me by fixing the problem.

Please note that our correspondence will be posted at »Any experience with Cricket Wireless Broadband?

I am online now and can be reached through my email or through SMS"

Stay tuned.
CricketUserKCMO

Anon

to formeat
Shortly after posting I received an automated email from Cricket referring me to a 1-800 number. After pressing "3" several times I was talking with Marylin who was very helpful and resolved the issue at hand.

Much better results than my previous post.

DeadCricket
@level3.net

DeadCricket to formeat

Anon

to formeat
Cricket's tv advertisements are very deceitful about the price. It cost me $150 dollars just to get out the door with the modem. They also lie about the first month being free. The first month is not free, the second month is. The signal? I have never had 4/4 bars. I'm lucky to get 3 bars and often have just 2. What can you do with 2 bars? Turn off you computer and go do something else. Paying $35-$40 dollars a month for this service is like flushing money down the toilet. May I suggest a visit to your local library?
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to formeat

to formeat

I am a strong believer that perspective is everything.

To my knowledge, Cricket has never advertised their service to be a comparable alternative to DSL or Cable - No mobile broadband is.

However, when comparing Mobile Broadband i.e. Cricket to say a Satellite connection or dial-up connection it is very good.

You can't blame Cricket because you only have two bars of signal. There are many boosters, amps, directional antennas on the market that can boost your signal. But again, if you can get Cable or DSL or Fixed wireless there is no point in using a Cellular connection.

Comparing a Cellular connection to Cable/DSL then saying it sucks... Well that is just stating the obvious and showing one's lack of education. Again, a cellular connection cannot and will not ever compete with anything besides dial-up and Satellite.

Personally, when I had access to our fixed wireless (soon to be again after I build a 150' tower) I still kept a cellular air card for when I travel.

Keep things in perspective. It isn't the provider's fault when you have bad speeds because you have bad signal. It isn't the provider's fault when you exceed your monthly Cap and your speed is throttled. That being said, I agree, Cricket should be transparent about Caps. Their advertising is deceitful at best.

Mike M
@spcsdns.net

Mike M

Anon

As stated above - Cricket service - both the people side and electronic side are pathetic.

They don't bother telling you about the 5 GIG cap which kills you if you're 20 days into the month and have to wait 10 more days before you can download anything!!

My anti-virus is corrupted and now I can't download a fresh copy for 10 more days!!

Don't know whose wireless I'm buying next, but I will never buy anything from Cricket again.
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to formeat

to formeat
All providers have a 5 gig cap.

ilovechris091407
@69.171.171.x

ilovechris091407 to formeat

Anon

to formeat
i have looked for the answer to this for a long time and i cant find it anywhere... i have cricket broadband and i know i get sms texts from cricket on my broadband's number, but can i text other people from it? will it cost me anything? and can i text other networks like at&t?

Carlos88
@mindspring.com

Carlos88 to Mike M

Anon

to Mike M
At least they dont cut you off or charge extra once you go over your cap like other companies do. Read the limits on the bigger and better known companies.
Carlos88

Carlos88 to ilovechris091407

Anon

to ilovechris091407
Yes you can send text messages to anybody else I think if you click the to: option it will let you put in the number. For every body else that wantes a broadband router compatible look for the CBA250 Cellular Broadband Adapter and that is compatible for both cards I havent tried it but the adaptor website says it is