uniqs

the monkey
Premium Member
join:2000-10-08
New York, NY

the monkey to Airwolf

Premium Member

to Airwolf

Re: Headphones Driver Size vs Frequency Range.

Head on over to »www.head-fi.org, they'll get you sorted out.

HeadRoom at »www.headphone.com also has some nice frequency response tools and is a great retailer.

disconnected
@snet.net

disconnected

Anon

said by the monkey:

HeadRoom at »www.headphone.com also has some nice frequency response tools and is a great retailer.
They have an interesting selection of phones, but when I read this:

"If we absolutely had to criticize, we'd say that the SE530's upper highs might be the slightest hint 'rolled-off' for ultra-picky, demanding audiophile types. "

And saw the frequency response graph rolling off as much as 10dB, the above paragraph lost all credibility with me. Their definition of "slight hint of rolloff" means -10dB. Holy Toledo!

the monkey
Premium Member
join:2000-10-08
New York, NY

the monkey

Premium Member

said by disconnected :

said by the monkey:

They have an interesting selection of phones, but when I read this:

"If we absolutely had to criticize, we'd say that the SE530's upper highs might be the slightest hint 'rolled-off' for ultra-picky, demanding audiophile types. "

And saw the frequency response graph rolling off as much as 10dB, the above paragraph lost all credibility with me. Their definition of "slight hint of rolloff" means -10dB. Holy Toledo!
Believe your ears, not graphs. A FR provides a nice correlative relationship to what you're hearing, but that's about it. As for headroom's credibility, I believe they know a lot more about phones than most.