uniqs
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to MGD

to MGD

Re: [Scam] Anthony Morrison/Hidden Millionaires Infomercial

said by MGD:

That video, "Anthony Morrison Shows You The Marketing Success Academy" and the entire Marketing Success Academy operation is not his at all. He refers to the coaches as "his" and makes you believe that it is Anthony Morrision's operation. That video, look around at the offices and people, they are sort of rent a coach. This is like an afiiliate of an affiliate.
So his claims of being some internet guru and messiah of the unwashed poor unemployed masses is a fraud just like he is.

Anthony as I know you and the rest of your scum bag entourage check up on this thread why don't go buy a razor?
Get a more professional wardrobe too. For some big millionaire entrepreneur you look like you just crawled out of a dumpster.
Expand your moderator at work
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

1 edit

1 recommendation

MGD to Snowy

MVM

to Snowy

said by Snowy:

That's hilarious.
The ""The Marketing Success Academy" is an answering service!
Back in the early 80's I had an identical setup with an answering service that handled my incoming phone calls.
I spent a few training days with them at the start of the contract teaching them how to sound as if they actually knew something about the business. Few clients ever picked up that they were being routed through an answering service. They were sharp.
The only difference is my clients could call me for free LOL
$4000.00 to call questions into a bank of phone operators!
What a friggin'scammer!
It would be a challenge to train & retain quality people if they were in the same city but Missisippi to Utah, it's not even plausible.
But as we all know, it's not about training, it's about hustling money from anyone & everyone
foolish enough to believe a word that comes out of morrison's mouth.
They are more than just Morrison's answering service, they are the ones who hound all the victims who purchase the book (which is the bait), they are also the ones associated with Morrison's "Advertising Profits from Home". They are the replacemnet for most of the programs after the demise of the "travelling band of gypsy" Hidden Millionaires Tour.

The fact that Morrison ended up working with an outfit HQed in Utah is no accident either. As you already know UTAH is ground central for online and call center scams, and that is not a coincidence either. Much of the actions against scams by the state of Utah have been neutered, if they even act at all. In some cases the federal government has had to intervene. UTAH is a SCAM friendly state, with many of the scam operations making large annual political contributions. So it is only natural that Morrison would end up partnering with an outfit from Utah which also has the subsidary in kearney, Mo.

Utah's notierity as a scam haven is so prolific and has been long known that there are regular investigative news articles on the subject. One titled

Called Into Question

A story of fraud, drugs, waterboarding and the call-center companies that gave Attorney General Mark Shurtleff $187,500 in 2008.

By Eric S. Peterson

contains a "who is who" diagram of political contributions made to the Utah Attorney General's campaign. Listed in the group is the company behind the massive radio grant scam adds featured in this forum »[Scam] Never Pay it Back .com

The company in Utah where Morrison's video was made showing his "crew" of coaches, Professional Marketing International (PMI) is mentioned in the article because it also promoted the notorious Storesonline alleged scam:
quote:
Another company that donated to Shurtleff, Storesonline, which markets a service selling and hosting online-business Websites, has been named in two individual lawsuits and settled eight actions with various state attorneys general from California to North Carolina. It is also facing two pending actions in the United States and one in Australia. The 2007 pending case with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission comes only a year after Storesonline settled with the country in 2006. In that agreement, the company promised to stop making false and misleading statements and agreed to refund 175 Australian consumers a total $673,478.

That amount barely edges out a California settlement where Storesonline agreed to pay fines and restitution to the tune of $550,000 in 2006. In all of the company’s settlement arrangements, Storesonline agreed to amend its business practices. Yet documents show between 2003 and 2008, the company has been fined and/or ordered to offer restitution for a combined sum of $2,194,289, an average of roughly $440,000 in fines and restitution owed per year.

General counsel for Storesonline Jeffrey Korn says that the company had a recent change in management in November 2008, and that previous management considered its $15,000 in political donations to Shurtleff in 2008 as part of being good corporate citizens. “Current management does not believe that and won’t be making any charitable or political donations,” Korn says. He says the company does not consider that an appropriate use of shareholder funds. “And personally, I wouldn’t have done it,” Korn says, because of the possibility of a perceived conflict. He adds that in his dealings with the state there has never been any significant contact with the Attorney General’s Office. “The negotiations and the complete settlement were done between me and [Consumer Protection] with no input from the Attorney General’s Office.”

Korn confirmed Storesonline’s relationship with other Shurtleff donor companies Professional Marketing International (PMI) and the Tax Club as companies that sell products to Storesonline customers. The Tax Club, a call center that sells business tax plans, donated $40,000 to Shurtleff in 2008. They were also subject to Consumer Protection citations for deceptive trade practices in 2007. Despite repeated attempts, to contact representatives of the Tax Club, City Weekly’s calls for comment went unanswered. PMI, aka National Marketing Resources, which gave $10,000 to Shurtleff in 2008, is a company offering real estate coaching and helps market Storesonline software. PMI has faced no citations or actions from Utah Consumer Protection. PMI President Phil Smith says its donations were only a show of support and that the company had likewise donated to several other races and causes in the state. “There was never any conflict of interest,” Smith says.

Jeremy Johnson, president of iWorks, a company that gave $50,000 to Shurtleff in March 2008, didn’t believe he was buying any favors, either. “[Shurtleff] is a guy that we like and believe in and there’s nothing else to it,” he says. In 2007, Johnson’s company, which markets products to assist customers in obtaining government small-business loans, was prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office on behalf of the Division of Consumer protection for deceptive trade practices. The charges were dismissed in early 2008.

“We handle clients for a dozen companies with a 150,000 new customers every week. A certain percent complained to Utah’s Consumer Protection, and they decided to take action,” Johnson says. Besides, “Their own lawyers told them if they took it to court they’d lose, so they dropped it.”

Of course, Consumer Protection’s own lawyers are by statute, from the Attorney General’s Office.

The Alliance

In relation to the iWorks campaign donations, the AG’s office’s Murphy pointed out inaccuracies in a June 19, 2008, City Weekly story titled "The $50,000 Question." »www.cityweekly.net/utah/ ··· nst.html The story incorrectly stated that members of the Attorney General’s Office participated in the investigation of iWorks. “Three assistant attorneys general have been involved in representing [Utah Consumer Protection] in matters relating to that investigation, but their role has always been as legal counsel, not as participants in any investigation,” Murphy writes.

Murphy says, however, that the decision to dismiss the 2007 case against iWorks was one decided “independently” by Consumer Protection, writing that while his staff worked with Consumer Protection on the issue, “The Attorney General had no input and no communications with Consumer Protection about this decision.”

Murphy says the Attorney General’s Office collaborated with a number of these businesses as well as the Consumer Protection Division to formulate a best-practices policy for dealing with complaints as part of a new industry association called the Alliance for Lifelong Learning.

In the same article even a judge noted the reputation of Utah being a scammer's haven:
quote:
..Marcus Aurelius, ancient Rome’s philosopher king, once wrote: “That which is not good for the beehive, cannot be good for the bees.” Utah Federal District Court Judge Paul Cassel would echo that statement in a legal opinion some two thousand years later.

Storesonline had sought an injunction against the Division of Consumer Protection to halt a 2007 administrative citation against it by arguing that the division lacked jurisdiction since complaining customers did not reside in Utah. Judge Cassel denied this argument and dismissed the company’s motion. Explaining why a company like Storesonline could potentially damage Utah even though the complaining customers were from outside the state, he wrote: “The state has an interest in protecting consumers against the harms of unchecked, exploitative businesses that are centered in Utah. And the state has an interest in preventing Utah from obtaining a reputation as being a haven for such businesses.”

»www.cityweekly.net/utah/ ··· ion.html

If you are not familiar with Storesonline who, according to the article was also being promoted by Professional Marketing International (PMI) where Morrison's Marketing Success Academy is based.
»www.bbb.org/utah/busines ··· -2000585

Bottom line, if you want to scam millions from victims online, Utah is the safest place to set up shop.

Are you surprised that after the Hidden Millionaires tour bus was parked, that Morrison would end up basing some of his operation in Utah.?? I can assure you that he did not end up there because that is where the random dart landed on the map.

MGD
MGD

1 edit

2 recommendations

MGD to Snowy

MVM

to Snowy
said by Snowy:

That's hilarious.
The ""The Marketing Success Academy" is an answering service!
Back in the early 80's I had an identical setup with an answering service that handled my incoming phone calls.
I spent a few training days with them at the start of the contract teaching them how to sound as if they actually knew something about the business. Few clients ever picked up that they were being routed through an answering service. They were sharp.
The only difference is my clients could call me for free LOL
$4000.00 to call questions into a bank of phone operators!
What a friggin'scammer!
It would be a challenge to train & retain quality people if they were in the same city but Missisippi to Utah, it's not even plausible.
But as we all know, it's not about training, it's about hustling money from anyone & everyone
foolish enough to believe a word that comes out of morrison's mouth.
The victims who are solicited for coaching have no idea that the promises of coaching to wealth are being made by these potential commissioned employees:

Did Morrison think that while he was removing any youtube videos critical of his operation while promoting his own, all of which forbid comments, was he so brazen to not think that his own videos would not be forensically examined.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· pULoyJLI

[That video needs to be archived]

No where does he disclaim that what he is passing off as the grand tour of HIS Marketing Success Academy is actually not HIS at all. The prop of showing his book on the desk and all the other verbiage is totally misleading.

Not until the FTC intervenes and performs an exparte asset freeze will this brazen deception be halted.

HOMEJOBSFORCITIZENS.ORG is a SCAM by intended to deceive job seekers. Despite the fact that there is NO JOB offered he is prolifically promoting it on JOB seeking websites:

The largest font on the entire page is the one thing they are not doing: NEED A JOB

The definition of deception and misleading:

This is the rebranding of an existing PMI/ NMR promotion for ebay auction guides.

Note Morrison's testimonials on his page for

HOMEJOBSFOR CITIZENS:

quote:
"Home Jobs for Citizens makes it easy to sell on eBay. It has everything I need to manage my eBay business fast and efficiently."

—Jason R.

eBay Trading Assistant

Is copied from NMRs auctiondominator.com

quote:
"Auction Dominator makes it easy to sell on eBay. It has everything I need to manage my eBay business fast and efficiently."

—Jason R.

eBay Trading Assistant

»auctiondominator.com/sup ··· imonials

There is no disclaimer or clear indication during the victim signup which explains specifically what they are paying the $200 for. However it is clearly confiqured with the issusion of grandeur right before they get your credit card info:

Try to leave before completing and you are blasted with the deception of intential misuse and copyright infringing major news media logos, and a $20 off coupon:

Homejobsforcitizens.org is not an employment offer.

Gettingamericabacktowork.org is not an employment offer.

MGD
MGD

1 recommendation

MGD to jmorlan

MVM

to jmorlan
said by jmorlan:

quote:
My curiosity peaked, I went hunting and "uncloaked" the domain reg:
How do you uncloak a domain registration?

Thanks.
In this particular case the domains were changed to privacy cloaked at some point after the original registration, apparently around June 15th. Pulling a copy of the original registration filing yielded the registrant details. Records of changes made to a domain registration can be obtained from an archive provider, either on a per case, or ongoing service fee, such as Domain Tools.

MGD

daveyboy
@comcast.net

daveyboy to Doctor Four

Anon

to Doctor Four

My only question is how in the world do you get to talk to an actual person for questions after signing up? I see NO number on the site at all.
RailCrusher
Premium Member
join:2002-03-25
Granbury, TX

RailCrusher

Premium Member

said by daveyboy :

My only question is how in the world do you get to talk to an actual person for questions after signing up? I see NO number on the site at all.
From what I can gather, you don't need a number, they will call you. And will continue to call as long as you provide them a source of income (credit card or bank account). Actual results are not provided, just promised as a condition of working hard (for which you will never work hard enough).... and providing the credit card....

AMUSEDBYTHIS
@sbcglobal.net

AMUSEDBYTHIS to Doctor Four

Anon

to Doctor Four
Anyone notice how ALL the comments left in the first 2 pages that 'like' or defend Mr Morrison, are the same kind of domain? Who thinks that it is actually Mr Morrison making up these anon names and putting these defensive comments on here himself...just a thought! I also agree with the person who commented that he searches the internet to find who is calling him out as a scammer? Really? He must have a lot of free time on his hands.... LOL!.... I just saw the infomercial on TV and thats why I decided to google his name. I clicked on this thread first...why cause it said scam...it was the first page that wasnt one of Mr Morrisons pages. I love reading this kind of stuff cause it amuses me so! I'm sure like one of the comments said before, there is sooooo much info online now that you could probably find suggestions that are free on how to do what he wants you to pay for. Im just speaking my little mind right now. I havent 'investigated' this info myself... I just noticed all the defensive parties for Mr Morrison were a lot alike! thats my imput..mine looks the same too but I am NOT DEFENDING THIS MAN! Its hard for me to believe anything like this! I would want a free trial or something...I have a seminar I am going to tomorrow morning and I sure hope shes as good as Mr Morrison claims to be!....My seminar costs $10! And I get to take 4 guests with me!...ok, Im done now..... Have a blessed day!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by AMUSEDBYTHIS :

Anyone notice how ALL the comments left in the first 2 pages that 'like' or defend Mr Morrison, are the same kind of domain? Who thinks that it is actually Mr Morrison making up these anon names and putting these defensive comments on here himself...just a thought!
Hmmmm.... interesting..

denise3664
@cox.net

denise3664 to Doctor Four

Anon

to Doctor Four
Yep I watching this guy now and I am sure that he has made his millions from sale of books and people that have paid to buy his additional products. Usually the only person that makes money is the one selling the information. From my own experience, 99% of people will not do anything with the material, once they get the books. Its either to time consuming, to hard, or not what they expected from the informercial. So, he has made his money from all the orders of books and telling others that you must purchase additional information. So, I will not say its a Scam, I will just say that he is doing the same thing that every other informercial from real estate to everything else you see on late nights. Especially when people are desperate and looking for away to make some money. I am pretty sure you can make money from it but it will take alot of work and time and there is a disclaimer that the results are based on you. So, i think i will find something else and maybe create my own information to sell.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Well, I think it IS a scam, as he's pretending to sell what he describes as EASY MONEY. His pitch is that anyone can do it, that it's not all that hard, that he leads you step by step to making money immediately.

What he does sell you is little more than hype about his "system," with incomplete information and then says you aren't working hard enough, or need to purchase more of his crap in order to succeed. The story changes as soon as you start to "invest" in his material. The more you buy, the more you need to buy, the more you need to call his sales office boiler room "academy" to be sold more garbage.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to denise3664

Premium Member

to denise3664
said by denise3664 :

Yep I watching this guy now and I am sure that he has made his millions from sale of books and people that have paid to buy his additional products.
Not according to his online autobiography and not according to the info he has posted and supplies in his original advertisements/infomercials. He made some of his money selling Auto Parts with Cool Blue Performance then he made "hundreds of thousands a month" with Credit Card Apps and is "hardly working at all". The Books are only very recent additions. They are very new.

CBS Atlanta Investigates: Hidden Millionaires
»www.cbsatlanta.com/news/ ··· ail.html
quote:
Anthony Morrison is a 20-something self proclaimed millionaire and the mastermind behind Hidden Millionaires.

"Now I’m generating hundreds of thousands of dollars a month and I am hardly working at all,” said Morrison on an infomercial.

denise3664
@cox.net

denise3664

Anon

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. Guess, he decided to branch into other streams of income. Takes lots of money to make an informercial, so I am sure the money came from another source.

bizscholar
@comcast.net

bizscholar to Doctor Four

Anon

to Doctor Four
I was watching Anthony Morrison late one night and started to believe what he was saying. But you should always perform due diligence before signing up for anything. I decided to search his nameonline.

I went to his website and then I went to this BLOG. I read and read and then it occured to me that if this guy is legitamate he would care atleast to have a A rating on the BBB (Better Business Bureau Website) www.bbb.org I went to his rating at »www.bbb.org/kansas-city/ ··· 99154982 and he has an "F" rating. I am not sure if anyone has posted this about him.

I did not buy his programn or attend any seminar. I use to work for a Real Estate GURU here in Jacksonville, FL and his little operation was based on selling material and seminars calle bootcamps to people for thousands of dollars. f course he was an overbearing owner who acted like he was the Godfather. Almost corrupt it seems. He was untouchable.

Anyway, I left there after 6 months because I started to feel shady after learing how they dupe you into buying from them. Anyway, I hope this helps others. I am not saying anything to damage his reputation, but if he truly cares about business, then he would care about his BBB rating. Thanks.

retiredinAZ
@cox.net

retiredinAZ to Doctor Four

Anon

to Doctor Four
Nope, I live in southern AZ and watched his infomercial this morning. So, he hasn't gone away.

Emprovision
@sbcglobal.net

Emprovision

Anon

Heh, I was up this morning doing homework when I saw this guy on the TV behind me talking about how to get rich quick from home using "advertising profits". I wondered how real yet another incarnation of a "Get Rich Quick" scheme could be, so I Googled this Anthony Morrison guy to see if he actually was an "Internet Millionaire". Instead, I found this thread. I honestly can't believe anyone is falling for this anymore. I mean, how often does anything have "Recession Proof Profits for Home"? Especially something advertised at 2 in the morning? Apparently the $20 package includes 2 books, a DVD, a free website, and a guarantee to get hundreds of dollars a month.

Someone I knew once told a story like this: They read an advertisement in the newspaper telling them that they could learn how to get easy money for just a dollar by sending the dollar to an address. So he decided that it was only $1 and sent it in. The secret to easy money he got? "Put an advertisement in the newspaper telling people you'll teach them how to make easy money for just a dollar."

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
clarence
join:2010-08-03
Sacramento, CA

clarence to Doctor Four

to Doctor Four
could i hear from anyone(who lives in the sacramento area)who actually purchased anthony`s program and is having success with it.
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero to clarence

to clarence

said by clarence:

could i hear from anyone(who lives in the sacramento area)who actually purchased anthony`s program and is having success with it.
I don't think you're going to hear anything except the wind whistling, and maybe some crickets. But I think I did see a tumbleweed roll past just now.
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

61999674 (banned) to clarence

to clarence

said by clarence:

A long time ago we asked for links to some of their successful web-pages and the answers we got range from "We'll steal their web-page ideas" to "they are not allowed".

I know if I had a site that had pay per click(or whatever) links on it I would LOVE to have all the free advertising I could get and this thread has run at the top of Google(AM/Hidden Millionaire) searches for a very long time.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to Doctor Four

Premium Member

to Doctor Four

Why would someone who has a secret to make money so easily would want to sell it to you. If that's so easy, why he doesn't do it himself.

There's nothing easy or free in life.

SCAM
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

1 edit

61999674 (banned)

He claims he makes millions using his plan and he shares it because he is a good guy.