spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PlaidAvenger

join:2005-06-07
Peterborough, ON

Peterborough - any ISPs with NO bandwidth cap?

Hey everyone,

I moved from Toronto where I was with Look Communications for my ISP and they had no bandwidth cap. There were months were I'd download 700GB and they never cared.

Now I'm living in Peterborough and I'm with Cogeco, but they have a bandwidth cap, just like Bell, Rogers, etc. I'd love to sign up with Look, but they don't cover this area.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any ISPs that serve Peterborough that does NOT have any bandwidth caps?

Thanks in advance to all those who reply!

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately, if Look DSL doesn't serve your area, I don't think any DSL ISPs will.

PlaidAvenger

Peterborough, ON
reply to PlaidAvenger
Actually Bell has DSL service in Peterborough. But they're not only inferior to Cogeco, I HATE Bell with a passion.

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

1 edit
Have you checked if Bell sympatico is available to your house? If yes, then any DSL ISPs will be available Take your pick:

Teksavvy »www.teksavvy.com 200 Gb for $29.95, unlimited for $39.95.
Velcom: »www.velcom.ca/ Unlimited for $34.95.
Acanac: »www.acanac.com/ Unlimited for $33.95, or a year contract for $18.95.

jyeung
inspiration reality
Premium
join:2004-03-30
North York, ON
reply to PlaidAvenger
Have you checked Nexicom?
»www.nexicom.net/

- Jason

pstewart
Premium,VIP
join:2005-10-12
Peterborough, ON
kudos:2
reply to PlaidAvenger
Nexicom has no bandwidth caps and serves Peterborough. If you PM me offline with your phone number I can provide more details.

If you are in downtown "core" then there is no throttling neither as we're a CLEC in that area.
--
Nexicom High Speed Internet - »www.nexicom.net/

PlaidAvenger

Peterborough, ON
reply to PlaidAvenger
Thanks for the replies guys. I was really hoping to go with Nexicom since they do cable Internet, and phone service. But sadly they aren't available in the North end of Peterborough.

I will start looking into the other companies that you've mentioned, so thanks for that.

bbuchanan
Premium
join:2004-02-05
Peterborough, ON
said by PlaidAvenger:

Thanks for the replies guys. I was really hoping to go with Nexicom since they do cable Internet, and phone service. But sadly they aren't available in the North end of Peterborough.

I will start looking into the other companies that you've mentioned, so thanks for that.
Hi PlaidAvenger,

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get our CLEC DSL or phone service. We can still do DSL for you, but it would be through the Bell network (not our own DSLAM).

Just to clarify, we don't do cable internet in Peterborough, we only do it in Lakefield and Bridgenorth. We do DSL in Peterborough (if you are fed off of the main central office on Hunter St.).

Bruce