Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Moe Diddley
Premium
join:2002-03-17
North Aurora, IL

mp3 player you plug a thumb drive into?

I'm surprised there isn't a player that you could just plug a usb thumb drive into. Lexar has one but it requires you to use a proprietary type drive to fit into the player. Like this:
»www.amazon.com/Lexar-JumpGear-MP···001CFSXG
Anyone know of a device that can use a regular thumb drive?

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2

Hum, why not just "plug" an SD card into the player? It's _much_ smaller then a thumb drive.

Moe Diddley
Premium
join:2002-03-17
North Aurora, IL

Because my car stereo has a usb port. I could easily swap em around. I don't have a card reader/writer so I would need to attach the player with the usb cable anyway. Just checking to see if anyone knew of one. Guess it doesn't exist.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4

The only one I knew of was a cheapo Creative Labs player, but i'd be hard pressed to find a USB stick that would fit in the thing other than the one that came with it..

Of course, that wouldn't really matter, as you could just pull the USB stick from it and pop it in your stereo.

Expand your moderator at work

rosco35
Premium
join:2003-11-10
USA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Jahntassa

Re: mp3 player you plug a thumb drive into?

said by Jahntassa:

The only one I knew of was a cheapo Creative Labs player, but i'd be hard pressed to find a USB stick that would fit in the thing other than the one that came with it..

Of course, that wouldn't really matter, as you could just pull the USB stick from it and pop it in your stereo.
the muvo:
»us.creative.com/products/product···gory=215

I have one and you can fit a usb drive in it that is physically smaller than the included one, but the usb drive part also has the controls on it so it wouldn't work for your needs.