All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
TomS9
join:2008-01-21
Gloucester, MA

TomS9 to waldoooo

to waldoooo

Re: anyone know how to scare mockingbirds?

hmmmm... Waldo, did you ever think that your cat might be the culprit that has :...scared off the doves and hummingbirds..." ?

It sounds to me like the mockingbirds are possibly protecting a nearby nest they fear will be targeted.

I, myself, can not imagine wanting to chase away mockingbirds. No matter what time of day OR night, Their exuberance brings a mental smile to my mind...sometimes even a real chuckle !

BTW ,I've been known to chase crows, as they sit around eagerly eyeing unattended mockingbird nests. And speaking of crows...now there is an ultra ugly sound ! LOL

waldoooo
join:2001-12-15
Fountain Valley, CA

1 edit

waldoooo

said by TomS9:

hmmmm... Waldo, did you ever think that your cat might be the culprit that has :...scared off the doves and hummingbirds..." ?

It sounds to me like the mockingbirds are possibly protecting a nearby nest they fear will be targeted.
nope the cat has been here 6 years and up til a couple weeks ago we have always multiple species of birds frequenting the yard.

They get a break for a few more weeks to get through this breeding season but if it keeps up its off to the local Airsoft store