spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Kristina
@162.136.193.x

Kristina

Anon

[Connectivity] Installing

From what I've read, installing a cable modem is pretty much like my DSL install. Am I correct in this? I'm going to purchase the Motorola SBG900.

gchris2203
@thvilledigital.net

gchris2203

Anon

Well if your are talking about connecting it to your PC or to a router than..yes.

However DSL and Cable are two completely different services. DSL is through the Phone company and uses the Telco Lines in your house. Cable is obviously through the cable Co and uses the Coax Lines in your house. Perhaps you should just call your local Cable Co and setup and Install because most wont let you just do the install yourself anyway

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to Kristina

Premium Member

to Kristina
Installation is pretty straight forward, but only if you already subscribe to cable TV service. If you do not have cable TV service, then you cannot do a self install.

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium Member
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD

JahsDisciple to Kristina

Premium Member

to Kristina
you screw the cable cord onto the back of the modem, power it up, and walk through a few steps of entering in acct info. on their Welcome to Comcast page. if your signal is not good enough and/or you dont have a cable connection already such as tv like Rob mentioned, you'll need a tech.