NETSH
Go Gators
Premium
join:2002-11-06
united state

2 edits
reply to sdgthy

Re: Swollen Face After Tooth Extraction

Well still no change today so I went back to the dentist. Turns out I had a dry socket and it wasnt allowing the surrounding tissue to heal properly causing extended swelling and slight pain in the gums. I was treated for dry socket so hopefully things will start to improve.

sdgthy

@optonline.net

I'm kinda surprised a oral surgeon didn't stitch it...

Good that you got a dry socket addressed quickly though, that could be painful. You have to avoid any sort of suction in the mouth to prevent a dry socket, such as smoking, drinking through a straw or spitting.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1

I had a wisdom tooth pulled out and it wasn't stiched. Then again it was upper one.

james1

join:2001-02-26

Mine were stitched, but they had to cut them out from really deep and underneath the other teeth. One or two of them were even fully sideways. Anyways, long story short, worst christmas ever.

Red_Weasel

join:2008-05-04
Belen, NM

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at once, the dentist tore the side of my mouth and shot the numbing stuff down my throat. He told me the swelling would go down in 3-4 days. WRONG! It got worse in 3-4 days my eyes swelled shut and were a dark dark blue/purple bruise, my cheeks were almost the same color and swollen past my ears and all down my chin/mouth area. I looked like I had the shit beat out of me for 2 wks.

I hope you feel better soon.