spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Other Speeds Bumped Up As Well

You missed the information where they will also be bumping all markets up to the same markets.

VA and others will be bumped from 5/2 to 10/2 and 15/2 to 20/5.

kfsutops
Premium Member
join:2002-08-19
Lutz, FL

kfsutops

Premium Member

And when the tiered pricing hits, the limits will be 20 and 50 gig a month.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

1 edit

tp0d to kes601

Premium Member

to kes601
sweeeeeeeeeeet

I knew getting 5/2 would pay off. Though I`ve been happy with the speeds, the 10/2 is warmly welcomed.

Now, I just wonder how long the rollout will take.. heh..

limits? caps you mean? I would think they would cap upload first, I havent seen anything with mine maxed for almost a month now. I`ll have to get into the logs to see how many gigs, but at 220k, that can add up.

-j

anon219
@comcast.net

anon219 to kfsutops

Anon

to kfsutops
Caps on fios? lol..Not anytime soon..there's people on fios that hit 1TB in a month, and not a peep from Verizon.

I wonder what this will do for cable in those markets..Comcast fastest tier is 16/2 ..the 50/5 is still a joke and is STILL limited to Comcast "reasonable network management" as they call it..

Verizon has this in the palm of their hands.

grydlok
join:2004-01-06
Richmond, VA

grydlok to tp0d

to tp0d
I knew it to that why after my contract was up I switched to 5/2 from 15/2. Now I will be going back to 10/2.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

1 recommendation

djrobx to anon219

Premium Member

to anon219
said by anon219 :

Caps on fios? lol..Not anytime soon..there's people on fios that hit 1TB in a month, and not a peep from Verizon.

I wonder what this will do for cable in those markets..Comcast fastest tier is 16/2 ..the 50/5 is still a joke and is STILL limited to Comcast "reasonable network management" as they call it..

Verizon has this in the palm of their hands.
Verizon's doing a wonderful thing with FIOS, but I can assure you, if Time Warner + Comcast + AT&T collectively switch to metered billing, Verizon won't be far behind. All of that wonderful speed FIOS offers increases the potential for a small percentage of users to use a disproportionally high amount of bandwidth.
Natoma6
join:1999-08-30
Brooklyn, NY

Natoma6 to anon219

to anon219
I've uploaded 2.5TB over the past 2 months and downloaded 500GB during that same time. Not a peep.

50mb/20mb tier for $89/mo

FIOS is the shiznit.
quintin3265
join:2008-06-07
State College, PA

quintin3265

This is incredible. I don't really care about whether Verizon's connection is 50/20 or 10/2. What matters to me is that they have decent customer service and don't play games with invisible caps. If Verizon is ever available in my area, even if the speeds are slower than Comcast, I will be done with Comcast forever.
Natoma6
Brooklyn, NY

Natoma6

Yea I absolutely love my connection.

»/archi ··· t=Search

The FIOS archive. I'm currently the 3rd - 5th results. But check out the top one. I want that connection!
quintin3265
State College, PA

1 recommendation

quintin3265

To be fair, we can get 35 down/6 up with Comcast Blast! in tests. I also think that Comcast's ping times are better than Verizon's.

Of course, this would be great if Comcast's connection were actually usable, because they'll be disconnecting my service later this month (since we don't know what the cap is). I figure that we should take advantage of the bandwidth while we have it, because I don't want to support Comcast even if the only alternative is dialup.

I sent a scathing letter to Brian Roberts on this subject, and it will be interesting to see if we get a reply.
Natoma6
Brooklyn, NY

Natoma6

This is, I actually see 50mb/20mb when I use my connection, at any time of the day or night.

Never had an issue. And yea, the lack of caps is amazing.

p.s.: Who is Brian Roberts?

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to Natoma6

to Natoma6
said by Natoma6:

Yea I absolutely love my connection.

»/archi ··· t=Search

The FIOS archive. I'm currently the 3rd - 5th results. But check out the top one. I want that connection!
Where are you in Brooklyn?

watice
@verizon.net

watice to anon219

Anon

to anon219
Well it'll probably go something like this..

I call TWC in NYC to tell them I'm switching over to a FIOS 50/20 plan sometime in November... They offer me their 100mbit plan for cheaper than normal rates.. I accept. The consumer wins.
quintin3265
State College, PA

quintin3265 to Natoma6

to Natoma6
CEO of Comcast.
UncleDirtNap
join:2006-08-26
Pittsburgh, PA

UncleDirtNap to anon219

to anon219
"Caps on fios? lol..Not anytime soon."

Really, the caps are being put in place by the cable companies due to the bandwidth hogs that bring their networks to a crawl every evening during peak times...

With all the room in their pipe Verizon isn't anywhere close to seeing similar problem and won't be for the foreseeable future.

fatmanskinny
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Wandering

fatmanskinny to quintin3265

Premium Member

to quintin3265
You received confirmation that Comcast is booting you because of you using downloading more than they think you should? Damn!

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to grydlok

MVM

to grydlok
I'm on 15/2 currently but with the rise in energy and gas prices, have been thinking of going to 5/2 to trim a little fat from the monthly bills. The upgrade of the 5/2 package to 10/2 seals the deal for me.
Natoma6
Brooklyn, NY

Natoma6 to kamm

to kamm
Fort Greene
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Natoma6

Premium Member

to Natoma6
said by Natoma6:

p.s.: Who is Brian Roberts?
.. someone who people, around here, seem to feel they know personally - and don't. (In order to make them feel important, when they aren't.)
MrSpock29
join:2008-02-09
Hammonton, NJ

MrSpock29 to quintin3265

to quintin3265
said by quintin3265:

To be fair, we can get 35 down/6 up with Comcast Blast! in tests. I also think that Comcast's ping times are better than Verizon's.

Of course, this would be great if Comcast's connection were actually usable, because they'll be disconnecting my service later this month (since we don't know what the cap is). I figure that we should take advantage of the bandwidth while we have it, because I don't want to support Comcast even if the only alternative is dialup.

I sent a scathing letter to Brian Roberts on this subject, and it will be interesting to see if we get a reply.
I haven't sent my letter to them yet, but I do have complaints on file with the various regulatory authorities. The cocky rep dared me to sue, so I did that instead. Ironically, my high downloads that one month was because of a problem on THEIR end, but Mr. Eliason said it didn't matter to them.
quintin3265
State College, PA

quintin3265 to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2
Well, that assumes that people would actually WANT to know Roberts personally. From my experience with Comcast and by reading the news, I would not be able to be friends with Comcast executives.