share rss forum feed

Natoma6

join:1999-08-30
Brooklyn, NY
reply to quintin3265

Re: Other Speeds Bumped Up As Well

Yea I absolutely love my connection.

»/archive?zip=&···t=Search

The FIOS archive. I'm currently the 3rd - 5th results. But check out the top one. I want that connection!

quintin3265

join:2008-06-07
State College, PA

1 recommendation

To be fair, we can get 35 down/6 up with Comcast Blast! in tests. I also think that Comcast's ping times are better than Verizon's.

Of course, this would be great if Comcast's connection were actually usable, because they'll be disconnecting my service later this month (since we don't know what the cap is). I figure that we should take advantage of the bandwidth while we have it, because I don't want to support Comcast even if the only alternative is dialup.

I sent a scathing letter to Brian Roberts on this subject, and it will be interesting to see if we get a reply.

Natoma6

Brooklyn, NY

This is, I actually see 50mb/20mb when I use my connection, at any time of the day or night.

Never had an issue. And yea, the lack of caps is amazing.

p.s.: Who is Brian Roberts?
--
--Natoma

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Natoma6

said by Natoma6:

Yea I absolutely love my connection.

»/archive?zip=&···t=Search

The FIOS archive. I'm currently the 3rd - 5th results. But check out the top one. I want that connection!
Where are you in Brooklyn?
--

quintin3265

State College, PA
reply to Natoma6

CEO of Comcast.

fatmanskinny
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
reply to quintin3265

You received confirmation that Comcast is booting you because of you using downloading more than they think you should? Damn!
--
The only place where Success comes before Work is in the dictionary.

Natoma6

Brooklyn, NY
reply to kamm

Fort Greene

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to Natoma6

said by Natoma6:

p.s.: Who is Brian Roberts?
.. someone who people, around here, seem to feel they know personally - and don't. (In order to make them feel important, when they aren't.)

MrSpock29

join:2008-02-09
Hammonton, NJ
reply to quintin3265

said by quintin3265:

To be fair, we can get 35 down/6 up with Comcast Blast! in tests. I also think that Comcast's ping times are better than Verizon's.

Of course, this would be great if Comcast's connection were actually usable, because they'll be disconnecting my service later this month (since we don't know what the cap is). I figure that we should take advantage of the bandwidth while we have it, because I don't want to support Comcast even if the only alternative is dialup.

I sent a scathing letter to Brian Roberts on this subject, and it will be interesting to see if we get a reply.
I haven't sent my letter to them yet, but I do have complaints on file with the various regulatory authorities. The cocky rep dared me to sue, so I did that instead. Ironically, my high downloads that one month was because of a problem on THEIR end, but Mr. Eliason said it didn't matter to them.

quintin3265

State College, PA
reply to fiberguy

Well, that assumes that people would actually WANT to know Roberts personally. From my experience with Comcast and by reading the news, I would not be able to be friends with Comcast executives.