spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BillyK
@optonline.net

BillyK

Anon

How to get yellow address bar with SSL in firefox 3

I just upgraded to Firefox 3 and so far I like it except for one thing. I miss the address bar turning yellow when I am on an encrypted page. Is there any way to turn this feature on again in Firefox 3?

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

The yellow bar was deprecated in favor of the "Larry" passport system. If you want a louder indication of a non-EV encrypted site, consider changing browser.identity.ssl_domain_display from 0 to 1 in about:config.

If you *really* want that yellow bar, I have seen people post CSS code to do it on the Mozillazine forum, though.

Fin
Premium Member
join:2003-02-22
EU

Fin to BillyK

Premium Member

to BillyK
Check this page
BandHeight
join:2004-08-30

BandHeight to BillyK

to BillyK
Regarding the location bar and security, you might also want to try the extension, Location^2:

»addons.update.mozilla.or ··· don/4014

It changes the appearance of the URL making the top-level domain stand-out from the rest of the text. The URL segmentation can also be used to quickly navigate through the various sub-levels of the URL (kind of like Uppity but you can go directly to a level by clicking on the desired segment).

The URL returns to its normal appearance for editing, entry, copying, etc.

Here is some additional background on a proposal for the functionality of the URL / location bar, most of which can be accomplished with Location^2:

»wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox ··· tion_Bar

Note:
If you haven't already done so, you may also want to return your (not-so-)Awesome Bar to (almost) its FF v2 glory by installing the extension, Oldbar:

»addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· don/6227

and then editing two (2) about:config options to these values:

browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped = true (default = false which causes all URLs, not just the ones you type in the location bar, to appear in the drop-down list);
browser.urlbar.maxRichResults = 50 (change to whatever number of entries you want to see in the drop-down list; I think 12 is the default??)

jeno
@bellsouth.net

jeno to BillyK

Anon

to BillyK
The theme Phoenity Reborn changes ssl sites to yellow in the "Awesome Bar"...
Get it at AOM