spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fold_em83

join:2008-06-21

[DSL] Need help with Speedstream 4200

Does anybody know how to configure the settings for concurrent NAT/NAPT on a Speedstream 4200. I have a static IP that needs to have NAT enabled. When I enable NAT for that IP, it works for that IP but then I lose my internet to another IP. I'm thinking that if I enable concurrent NAT/NAPT, it should fix my problem. Every time I try to enable it, it tells me that the WAN IP is invalid. Is there a way I can find the correct IP or is there another way to accomplish my goal?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

You have to have a Static WAN IP from your ISP and that is an extra cost feature. It may or may not do what you want since NAT is only going to support one LAN PC translation to and from the WAN while NAPT is needed to support Multiple LAN connected PCs to the WAN. If you lose your Internet to another IP then you do not have a Static WAN IP.

Perhaps if you explain what you are trying to do and who your ISP is, there may be a better less convoluted solution.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

fold_em83

I have Windstream DSL. I am trying to get an internet connection to my computer and also my PlayStation 3. I have a D-Link router correctly connected to my Windstream modem/router (DHCP disabled, nothing connected to WAN port). In order to play games online on the PS3, I need to have a NAT Type 2 and I currently have type 3. The only way I can get to type 2 is by entering the PS3s static IP into the NAT configuration in the Windstream modem. But if I do that, I lose my connection to my computer. I have tried forwarding ports to the PS3 and I've also tried putting the PS3 in the DMZ and had no luck with either. I think thats it for now. If you need more information, let me know.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

I posted this in your other topic and have moved it here to keep everything on one topic.

said by fold_em83:

Ok guys, I've searched all over the internet and on this site as well and I just can't seem to get this figured out.
Several Forums have the answers. »Windstream , »Efficient and a few other's.

Your ISP is Windstream? Their Forum has the answer several times »Windstream
said by fold_em83:

I also read that I need to bridge the modem. I successfully bridged the modem but then I can't get an internet connection.
Exactly how did you do that? What steps did you take? I'm curious how you performed bridging the Modem when it's default state is Bridge/Router from the Factory. It doesn't sound like you had it setup correctly.

Why is there no mention of the PS3 or the D-Link Router in your other Topic?

»[DSL] Need help with Speedstream 4200

Regards,

Doctor Olds
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

fold_em83

Unless I'm missing something, I keep reading that I need to port forward. I've done that and its not working.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

said by fold_em83:

Unless I'm missing something, I keep reading that I need to port forward. I've done that and its not working.
Well, that is true, but only for the D-Link and only after you have successfully used the 4200 in Bridge Mode (it's default state) with the D-Link setup for PPPoE and getting your Public IP from Windstream. When properly setup, you lose access to the 4200 as it becomes invisible to the connection.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
--