All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Etorment27
@covad.net

Etorment27

Anon

[Line Problem] Zyxel p-600 keeps restarting.

I use a zyxel P-600 series Modem. I recently Upgraded to EL 3mbits Adsl Connection. I check Speedtest.com and 2wire.com And it tells me That Im actually at 2mbits(rounded off) or lower.
I talked to a EL Agent And he told me that it was 2 DL and 2 UL.
UL, when checked on those speed check sites, say it's a 200kbits(rounded off).
Is this Right?
To me i feel like Im not getting the speed im paying for.
Also, the Modem keeps restarting itself for no apparent reason.
I was playing on XBL and I kept getting disconnected.

Downstream
noise margin downstream: 5 db
output power upstream: 11 db
attenuation downstream: 57 db

Upstream
noise margin upstream: 19 db
output power downstream: 16 db
attenuation upstream: 31 db

Please Help me.
Dust_er
join:2002-11-16
San Marcos, CA

Dust_er

Hi, check filters. If that's negative, use paper clip and press and hold the "reset" button on back of modem for 30 secs. Reconfigure modem settings and try again.
MIA_Dogs
join:2007-05-08
Miami, FL

MIA_Dogs to Etorment27

to Etorment27
Looking at the stats you posted, it looks like you will be experiencing line instability due to a borderline low SNR and high attenuation. You should get a loop length test and also get some additional data from your P-600's diagnostics. Mainly, you want to see what download rate the modem is syncing at. This is under system status. At some point you need to eliminate the possibility it's something connected to your phone line or the line itself that is causing your problems. It's possible you will be able to sync at 3.0 and attain a good SNR, but in the meantime, the modem will try it's best to sync up and that might explain the 2.0 speeds. Remember to account for overhead when you're doing a speed test. 80 percent of 3.0 is 2.4, that would be a good speed test if you're synced at 3.0.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Etorment27

Premium Member

to Etorment27
Your DSL Stats are low for the Downstream SNR. You should test at the NID to see if that improves or not. Anytime you increase speeds, you place higher demands/loads on the copper loop.

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »How do I test at my NID? What does it look like?

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »Zyxel P-660R-ELNK and Zyxel P-660R-D1 Router Details

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »ZyXEL P-660R-D1 - How to Log on to the Modem Main Page (To obtain DSL Stats)

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »HowTo obtain DSL Stats & Diagnostic Info from the ZyXEL P-660R-ELNK Router?

Regards,

Doctor Olds

Etorment27
@rr.com

Etorment27 to MIA_Dogs

Anon

to MIA_Dogs
Thanks!!
This info has Been incredibly Helpful!!
Thank you MIA_Dogs And Doctor Olds!!
Very Much Appreciated!!

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

(topic move) Zyxel p-600 keeps restarting.

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 3 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »Zyxel p-600 keeps restarting.