spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28

Verizon isn't the only guilty party.

We have trouble with ports from many CLecs. They will hold ports up for all kinds of reasons. We once had a port for a customer who had "America" in their name but on the CLec's side it said "American" so they rejected the port because there was a name mis-match. We have port requests that have been sitting out there for over 2 months for one stupid reason or another.

AT&T Southeast (formerly BellSouth) on the other hand is lighting fast on their number release. You had better make sure you are ready for a port from AT&T and that you every thing in order. Once AT&T pulls the trigger you stuff is gone. You better have a copy of your website, voicemails, emails etc. They don't waste any time deleting all of your stuff.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
Many companies tell you that you the names for both companies MUST match to avoid that. If they don't you must correct it.

But again, what VZ is doing isn't what everyone else is. The Clecs may have reasons but not to go back and telemarket the customer to keep their service. VZ is using those requests to illegally keep that customer.

Those CLECS I bet are NOT doing the same thing because they know its illegal and can't afford the fine that the FCC would give them.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
I can assure you they do this stuff. They are not as blatant as Verizon. We have ported some of our own circuits and with in a few days someone here got a phone call about a renewal or new offer etc from the rep on that circuit. They never mention that they know the numbers are being ported but it's quite odd that you don't hear from anyone on a 3 year old circuit until the there is a port request.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
Just because you never got a renewal offer before doesnt mean someone else hasnt. It's the way businesses work. And you can assure me all you want the fact is VZ got CAUGHT and their is not any actual proof that anyone else is doing this.