spc
Search similar:

uniqs

sandym1
@buckeyecom.net

sandym1

Anon

marble stove top

I have a sears white marble stove. I have even gone out bought very expensive pots for it. It leaves very dark marks that I can not get up. I am wonder what I can buy to clean this? I contacted sears but they never got back to me.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

Is it white marble or could it be white ceramic top?

sandy1
@buckeyecom.net

sandy1 to sandym1

Anon

to sandym1
yes I believe it is ceramic not marble. Do you happen to know how I can get it clean?

Thanks

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

If you dig through this you will find many (good) answers.

»Ceramic Top Range...

Not all this will apply to you but take a look.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to sandym1

Premium Member

to sandym1
Scotchbrite has a new cleaning device for ceramic cooktops that works better than anything else that we've tried. It has a handle sort of like a scrub brush but there are special pads that attach to it. They do an awesome job of cleaning and even removed burned-on deposits that used to be nearly impossible to remove. My wife still dislikes the ceramic cooktop, but is happy that it will at least look nice now.

sandy1
@buckeyecom.net

sandy1 to sandym1

Anon

to sandym1
Thank you so much for the advise. Do you need to apply any cleaning agent to the pad. What does your wife use? If I knew that I was going to have this problem I would of never bought it. Assuming I can find this at any grocery store?

Sandy

sandym1
@buckeyecom.net

sandym1 to mityfowl

Anon

to mityfowl
THANK YOU!
HarryH3
Premium Member

HarryH3 to sandy1

Premium Member

to sandy1
Sandy, the pads come with the cleaning agent already on them. She found them on the cleaning aisle at Walmart, near carpet cleaning stuff, etc.

I found a pic and description for you:
»housewares.about.com/od/ ··· htm?rd=1
LeeWL
join:2002-11-10
Morrisville, NC

LeeWL to sandym1

to sandym1
You want a product called Ceramabryte. You can also use Soft Scrub.

You can even use a razor balde to scrape thick gunk off to make it easier. Just make sure hte blade is pretty new and not all kinked up.

sandym1
@buckeyecom.net

sandym1 to HarryH3

Anon

to HarryH3
I got on line and bought cerama bryte and the scraper & pads. I think this will clean it up. If I only knew I would not of bought a ceramic stove. Thanks for the help.
HarryH3
Premium Member

HarryH3

Premium Member

We're underimpressed with ceramic stove also. Boilovers make a freakin' huge mess since there is no pan to catch the overflow. We won't have another one.