spc
Search similar:

uniqs
solitaire321
join:2008-06-24
Washington, DC

solitaire321

How to get to configuration menu in Zyxel P-660R-D1

I want to get to the menu where it asks you if you want to use the wizard or advanced settings, as pictured here in step 6: »kb.earthlink.net/case.as ··· cle=8226 . It says above that that if you type in the password (default 1234), you will be asked to change it or ignore, and I don't get that either. When I login, I just go to the modem "home page." Anyone know how to get to that wizard? Thanks!

B_DuB
NOT a city boy
join:2007-05-10
Cleveland, TX

B_DuB

when you enter 192.168.x.x in I.E.
what do you get?
solitaire321
Washington, DC

1 edit

solitaire321

I get to the login menu (picture 3 at that website). When I enter the password, I don't get the change password and wizard/advanced setting pages as the website shows, but I get the status (logged-in) page of the modem. But unlike pic. 11, I don't get those options on the left under "P-660R-D1" or the "Summary" box at the bottom.
EDIT: I also don't get the magic wizard wand thing...

B_DuB
NOT a city boy
Cleveland, TX

1 edit

B_DuB to solitaire321

to solitaire321
you need to get to the system or on the main page and look for the Version #. It may be different than the one your looking at.
regards

*edit* im sure u reset it ....right?
solitaire321
Washington, DC

1 edit

solitaire321

Like firmware version?

EDIT: And resetting did nothing

B_DuB
NOT a city boy
Cleveland, TX

B_DuB to solitaire321

to solitaire321
click --->advanced-->apply...look for system.
solitaire321
Washington, DC

solitaire321

What I said before though is I don't get those navigation things on the left side under "P-660R-D1". So I don't see "Network" or "Advanced" or "Maintenance"

B_DuB
NOT a city boy
Cleveland, TX

B_DuB to solitaire321

to solitaire321
under # 6 in the pic when you select --> go to advanced set up, you dont get to the main page ...right ..?
solitaire321
Washington, DC

solitaire321

I don't even get to the pages that you see in 4 or 6. After logging in with the default password, I go straight to the status page (pic 11) but without those things I mentioned before.

B_DuB
NOT a city boy
Cleveland, TX

B_DuB to solitaire321

to solitaire321
ok...just a sec
B_DuB

B_DuB to solitaire321

to solitaire321
If this is your router it should take you to the advanced page when you enter the 1234 password, If it doesn't, after you've re-set there's something wrong with the router itself.

Be sure to only hold the re-set button for a count of ten..

some time's less will not re-set it.I wait until just when the lights start to flash.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to solitaire321

Premium Member

to solitaire321
How do you know which of the 3 models of P660R that Earthlink provides that you have is the D1?

There are 3 Sub Models so far and they are each a little different in how they work.

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »Zyxel P-660R-ELNK and Zyxel P-660R-D1 Router Details

»EarthLink DSL FAQ » Zyxel 600 Series - Router Configuration (P-660R Units)

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »ZyXEL P660R-61 LPV (Line Powered Voice) Router/Modem setup and details.

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »Where can I get the User Guide for the ZyXEL P660R Series Router?
solitaire321
Washington, DC

solitaire321 to B_DuB

to B_DuB
said by B_DuB:

If this is your router it should take you to the advanced page when you enter the 1234 password, If it doesn't, after you've re-set there's something wrong with the router itself.

Be sure to only hold the re-set button for a count of ten..

some time's less will not re-set it.I wait until just when the lights start to flash.
Ok I will try this when I get the chance but I cannot at the moment.
solitaire321

solitaire321 to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
said by Doctor Olds:

How do you know which of the 3 models of P660R that Earthlink provides that you have is the D1?

There are 3 Sub Models so far and they are each a little different in how they work.
I know because when I type the 192.168.x.x number in my browser, the modem home page where it asks you to login says "P-660R-D1" at the top...

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

OK, That is the Firmware installed, but does the label on the bottom match up? You may have a mismatch.

Did you successfully reset the unit?

Regards,

Doctor Olds

eddie
@enta.net

eddie to solitaire321

Anon

to solitaire321
I type in 192.168.1.1 and get the Welcome page. I then (back space the 1234)type in my password and then get the Select Wizard line.
JPedroT
Premium Member
join:2005-02-18

JPedroT to solitaire321

Premium Member

to solitaire321
After you have logged in, isn't there a little wand in the top right corner of the webpage? If it is, click that and you should get the wizard.
solitaire321
Washington, DC

1 edit

solitaire321 to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
said by Doctor Olds:

OK, That is the Firmware installed, but does the label on the bottom match up? You may have a mismatch.

Did you successfully reset the unit?

Regards,

Doctor Olds
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been very busy lately. But I did take a look at the bottom of the modem and it is the P-660R-D1. Also, because my modem is connected to a router and not a computer, I tried turning the router off and then resetting the modem, but when I turned them both back on I still had the same problem. I uploaded this pic »i353.photobucket.com/alb ··· pic2.jpg which is number 11 at the website (»kb.earthlink.net/case.as ··· cle=8226) but with squiggly lines to show what I don't have. Interestingly, the only thing I do have that the picture doesn't is I have a button to log out in the corner. My modem is in routing mode if that is important.

Basically I want to get those options on the left so I can open some ports in my firewall because at the moment I can't get to the firewall in the modem. Thanks
solitaire321

1 edit

solitaire321 to JPedroT

to JPedroT
"After you have logged in, isn't there a little wand in the top right corner of the webpage? If it is, click that and you should get the wizard."

Like I said, I don't get the wand in the corner.
solitaire321

solitaire321 to eddie

to eddie
said by eddie :

I type in 192.168.1.1 and get the Welcome page. I then (back space the 1234)type in my password and then get the Select Wizard line.
See that is what I'm trying to get to. When I click login I don't get that. I don't even get the option to change my password.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to solitaire321

Premium Member

to solitaire321
said by solitaire321:

Also, because my modem is connected to a router and not a computer, I tried turning the router off and then resetting the modem, but when I turned them both back on I still had the same problem.
Remove the Router. Reset the ZyXEL and hook it directly to the PC.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
solitaire321
Washington, DC

solitaire321

Is it at all possible to get to the menu without hooking the modem up directly to the PC? I feel like I have been able to do it before when the modem was not hooked directly up to the PC.
solitaire321

solitaire321

Anyway, I did hook up the modem directly to the PC and I got what I was looking for! I also switched the mode from routing to bridging and hooked it back to the router and got internet fine. Now the problem is I can't get to the modem status page anymore by going to 192.168.1.1. Is it even possible to do so anymore, and if so, how? Thanks!

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by solitaire321:

Anyway, I did hook up the modem directly to the PC and I got what I was looking for! I also switched the mode from routing to bridging and hooked it back to the router and got internet fine. Now the problem is I can't get to the modem status page anymore by going to 192.168.1.1. Is it even possible to do so anymore, and if so, how? Thanks!
In Bridge Mode the Modem is invisible to the connection. So no, you are unable to access the ZyXEL when you put a Router in the way as it has PPPoE running which gives the Router your Public IP. Since the Modem has a Private range IP, the Router doesn't allow routing from its Public IP to any Private IPs on its WAN side. Standard Internet RFC stuff.

Now you can change your Router from PPPoE to DHCP Automatically Obtain an IP, but with the Modem in Bridge Mode, it is no longer handing out Private IPs since its DHCP server is disabled while Bridged. In order to access the Modem, you would have to reset it. Then you would have access to the Modem again, but you have disconnected your Internet connection to do so.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
Bwuutje
join:2005-01-10

Bwuutje

No, you do not need to reset your modem.

You can just give your pc an ip-address in the 192.168.1.x range, hook it up to the modem and access it again on 192.168.1.1. But the pc wont have internet access at that time. But you can check your modem this way.

Bwuutje.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Bwuutje:

No, you do not need to reset your modem.

You can just give your pc an ip-address in the 192.168.1.x range, hook it up to the modem and access it again on 192.168.1.1. But the pc wont have internet access at that time. But you can check your modem this way.
For that to work, you would have to remove the Router out of the way and hook directly to the ZyXEL. What you propose would not work with the Router in place.
solitaire321
Washington, DC

solitaire321

OK. So I set it back to routing mode and can still get to the wizard setup thing. Now because the modem and router are both running a firewall, is it ok to disable NAT in the modem and keep the firewall in the router? Or is it better to keep both? I want to be able to forward ports easily. Thanks for your help so far!

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

The simplest, least complicated way to have Port Forwarding available is to have the ZyXEL P660R DSL Modem/Router set in Bridge Mode when you have a second Router so that Port Forwarding entries need to be setup just once in the Router that is handling the PPPoE.

Once you use the ZyXEL as a Router then you will have Doubled-NAT/NAPT and that makes Port Forwarding harder as you have to setup Port Forwarding in both Routers and all packet will be translated twice each direction which sometimes can break some applications or games.

Regards,

Doctor Olds